Purported Image, Specs of 5.5-Inch, Quad-Core LG Optimus G Pro Leaked Out
By Erik Pineda | February 8, 2013 12:37 PM EST
LG's Optimus G will soon hit Australian shores but the South Korean is prepping another gorgeous handset that for sure Aussies wouldn't mind tinkering with - the 5.5-inch LG Optimus G Pro.
It is phablet-size but LG is marketing the device as a regular smartphone (with an oversized screen) and at this point, the surging company is gearing for an exclusive South Korean release, according to Phone Arena.
The new monster phone is 1080p with a viewing window that flashes Full HD IPS-LCD screen. Hidden under its beautiful body is a 1.7GHz quad-core Snapdragon with LTE radio, 2GB of RAM, 13MP rear-camera shooter and 2MP front one capable of recording 1080p video clips.
LG, the same report said, is selling the phone with a maximum built-in memory of 32GB plus expansion option of up to 64GB on a microSD slot. To provide sufficient power for the new LG beast is a powerhouse 3140mAh battery.
No specific mention was made but the Optimus G Pro is expected to debut with the latest JellyBean, considering strong hints that LG intends to unleash the phone by Q2 2013 or a few months before the scheduled rollout of Google's Key Lime Pie.
Note that this is not the first Optimus G Pro as LG had earlier forged an agreement with Japan's NTT DoCoMo for a 5-inch version exclusively for the Japanese market, Phone Arena said.
No indications yet if other markets will have a taste of this new flavour from LG, which reports said has been experiencing considerable bump ups in global sales, thanks largely to the rising interest generated by the Optimus G.
But if LG is aiming to sustain the momentum it has been gaining, the likelihood is high for a global rollout of the Optimus G Pro in the months ahead, analysts said.
Most likely, LG would like to tussle it out with the new smartphones that are set for unwrapping this year. LG's phone will square off with the following: Samsung's Galaxy S4 and Galaxy Note 3, HTC's M7, Sony's Xperia Z and later on, the upgraded iPhone and Lumia from Apple and Nokia.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kristen Stewart Moving On With Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence Dating Chris Martin – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 9/11 Dust Cloud Most Likely Have Created Pregnancy Issues: Celebrities Who Posed Nude During Pregnancy
Join the Conversation
- Apple Inc. Stock Surge Observed as Hedge Funds 'Feasted' Ahead of iPhone 6 Launch
- Companies Push Back IPO Plans Due to Mega Alibaba Share Launch
- Vodafone Buys Ericsson Equipment to Replace 5-Year-Old Network Technologies
- Small Businesses Claim Positive Financial Situation but Negative on Outlook
- Perfume Maker Elizabeth Arden Blames Poor Q4 Financial Results on Justin Bieber Scent
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- iPhone 6 Release Date Remains On Course for Sept-Oct 2014 as Apple Delays iWatch Debut to 2015
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists