Purported Image, Specs of 5.5-Inch, Quad-Core LG Optimus G Pro Leaked Out
By Erik Pineda | February 8, 2013 12:37 PM EST
LG's Optimus G will soon hit Australian shores but the South Korean is prepping another gorgeous handset that for sure Aussies wouldn't mind tinkering with - the 5.5-inch LG Optimus G Pro.
It is phablet-size but LG is marketing the device as a regular smartphone (with an oversized screen) and at this point, the surging company is gearing for an exclusive South Korean release, according to Phone Arena.
The new monster phone is 1080p with a viewing window that flashes Full HD IPS-LCD screen. Hidden under its beautiful body is a 1.7GHz quad-core Snapdragon with LTE radio, 2GB of RAM, 13MP rear-camera shooter and 2MP front one capable of recording 1080p video clips.
LG, the same report said, is selling the phone with a maximum built-in memory of 32GB plus expansion option of up to 64GB on a microSD slot. To provide sufficient power for the new LG beast is a powerhouse 3140mAh battery.
No specific mention was made but the Optimus G Pro is expected to debut with the latest JellyBean, considering strong hints that LG intends to unleash the phone by Q2 2013 or a few months before the scheduled rollout of Google's Key Lime Pie.
Note that this is not the first Optimus G Pro as LG had earlier forged an agreement with Japan's NTT DoCoMo for a 5-inch version exclusively for the Japanese market, Phone Arena said.
No indications yet if other markets will have a taste of this new flavour from LG, which reports said has been experiencing considerable bump ups in global sales, thanks largely to the rising interest generated by the Optimus G.
But if LG is aiming to sustain the momentum it has been gaining, the likelihood is high for a global rollout of the Optimus G Pro in the months ahead, analysts said.
Most likely, LG would like to tussle it out with the new smartphones that are set for unwrapping this year. LG's phone will square off with the following: Samsung's Galaxy S4 and Galaxy Note 3, HTC's M7, Sony's Xperia Z and later on, the upgraded iPhone and Lumia from Apple and Nokia.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Google Chrome 64-bit for Windows 8 and Window 7 with Mac Beta Available
- Apple iOS 8 vs Android 5.0 L: OS Wars Puts Android to Lower while Apple to Higher
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports