Nokia Lumia 620 to Hit Australian Stores with a Low Price on February 22
By Jenalyn Villamarin | February 8, 2013 12:30 PM EST
Nokia has officially confirmed that a low-priced Lumia 620 Windows Phone will arrive in Australia on February 22. Consumers can get their hands on the Nokia Lumia 620 that only costs $329 across the Australian retail stores such as JB Hi-Fi, Allphones, The Good Guys, Dick Smith and Harvey Norman.
Steve Lewis, the Nokia managing director in Australia, stated that the Nokia Lumia 620 mainly targets a youthful demographic. "We want to deliver smart phones under the Lumia umbrella that appeal to a range of people and age groups," Lewis explained.
"With the Lumia 620, we're targeting a more cost-conscious younger audience who do not want to compromise on features and functionality. It's a great choice for someone looking to make the smart phone switch," the managing director further added.
Information about the new Lumia smart phone was initially revealed on December 2012. Nokia Lumia 620 is included in Nokia's smart phone line up to run using the latest operating system of Microsoft Windows Phone 8.
The Lumia 620 sports a 3.8-inch TFT touch screen with 800x480 pixel resolution. It features a 1GHz dual-core Snapdragon S4 Plus processor, 8GB internal storage capacity plus a microSD card slot for file storage expansion and 512MB RAM.
Though the Nokia smart phone is low-priced, it still comes with matching exclusive applications that the higher priced Nokia models exhibit. Nokia Lumia 620 has the Cinemagraph and Smart Shoot camera lenses as well as the other applications like Nokia Maps, Nokia City Lens, Nokia Music and Nokia Drive.
Other remarkable Nokia Lumia 620 features are the 5MP camera with LED flash, the VGA front-facing camera and a built-in NFC connectivity. However, there is a catch on the Nokia Lumia 620. The smart phone does not have 4G capability unlike the other Nokia units like the Lumia 820 and Lumia 920.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Android 4.4.3 and 4.4.4 KitKat Still Delayed for Samsung Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy S4 and Galaxy Note 3
- GTA V Online: Money-Glitch Ban Goes After Cheaters as a New Zombie DLC Leak is Spotted
- PS4 News: 2 Possible Sets of PS Plus Games for August 2014 Leaked and Additional Features for PS4
- Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet 17.1.2.A.0.314 Firmware Update to Improve Touch Screen and Charging Speed
- Nokia Lumia 630 vs. Sony Xperia M Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date