Nokia Lumia 620 to Hit Australian Stores with a Low Price on February 22
By Jenalyn Villamarin | February 8, 2013 12:30 PM EST
Nokia has officially confirmed that a low-priced Lumia 620 Windows Phone will arrive in Australia on February 22. Consumers can get their hands on the Nokia Lumia 620 that only costs $329 across the Australian retail stores such as JB Hi-Fi, Allphones, The Good Guys, Dick Smith and Harvey Norman.
Steve Lewis, the Nokia managing director in Australia, stated that the Nokia Lumia 620 mainly targets a youthful demographic. "We want to deliver smart phones under the Lumia umbrella that appeal to a range of people and age groups," Lewis explained.
"With the Lumia 620, we're targeting a more cost-conscious younger audience who do not want to compromise on features and functionality. It's a great choice for someone looking to make the smart phone switch," the managing director further added.
Information about the new Lumia smart phone was initially revealed on December 2012. Nokia Lumia 620 is included in Nokia's smart phone line up to run using the latest operating system of Microsoft Windows Phone 8.
The Lumia 620 sports a 3.8-inch TFT touch screen with 800x480 pixel resolution. It features a 1GHz dual-core Snapdragon S4 Plus processor, 8GB internal storage capacity plus a microSD card slot for file storage expansion and 512MB RAM.
Though the Nokia smart phone is low-priced, it still comes with matching exclusive applications that the higher priced Nokia models exhibit. Nokia Lumia 620 has the Cinemagraph and Smart Shoot camera lenses as well as the other applications like Nokia Maps, Nokia City Lens, Nokia Music and Nokia Drive.
Other remarkable Nokia Lumia 620 features are the 5MP camera with LED flash, the VGA front-facing camera and a built-in NFC connectivity. However, there is a catch on the Nokia Lumia 620. The smart phone does not have 4G capability unlike the other Nokia units like the Lumia 820 and Lumia 920.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Motorola Droid Turbo v. Sony Xperia Z3: Camera Details, Battery Life And Durability
- ‘GTA V': 1.18 Update, Zombie DLC Release Date To Welcome Halloween
- Motorola Droid Turbo vs. Samsung Galaxy S5: Apps And Services, Camera Features, Battery Life And Durability
- Google Nexus 6 Sold-Out Inventory: Android 5.0, Motorola-Nexus Branding, Network Carriers, Competitive Price
- 'Dragon Age Keep' Guide: How To Use And Set Up Background Story For 'Dragon Age Inquisition'
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family