Nokia Lumia 620 to Hit Australian Stores with a Low Price on February 22
By Jenalyn Villamarin | February 8, 2013 12:30 PM EST
Nokia has officially confirmed that a low-priced Lumia 620 Windows Phone will arrive in Australia on February 22. Consumers can get their hands on the Nokia Lumia 620 that only costs $329 across the Australian retail stores such as JB Hi-Fi, Allphones, The Good Guys, Dick Smith and Harvey Norman.
Steve Lewis, the Nokia managing director in Australia, stated that the Nokia Lumia 620 mainly targets a youthful demographic. "We want to deliver smart phones under the Lumia umbrella that appeal to a range of people and age groups," Lewis explained.
"With the Lumia 620, we're targeting a more cost-conscious younger audience who do not want to compromise on features and functionality. It's a great choice for someone looking to make the smart phone switch," the managing director further added.
Information about the new Lumia smart phone was initially revealed on December 2012. Nokia Lumia 620 is included in Nokia's smart phone line up to run using the latest operating system of Microsoft Windows Phone 8.
The Lumia 620 sports a 3.8-inch TFT touch screen with 800x480 pixel resolution. It features a 1GHz dual-core Snapdragon S4 Plus processor, 8GB internal storage capacity plus a microSD card slot for file storage expansion and 512MB RAM.
Though the Nokia smart phone is low-priced, it still comes with matching exclusive applications that the higher priced Nokia models exhibit. Nokia Lumia 620 has the Cinemagraph and Smart Shoot camera lenses as well as the other applications like Nokia Maps, Nokia City Lens, Nokia Music and Nokia Drive.
Other remarkable Nokia Lumia 620 features are the 5MP camera with LED flash, the VGA front-facing camera and a built-in NFC connectivity. However, there is a catch on the Nokia Lumia 620. The smart phone does not have 4G capability unlike the other Nokia units like the Lumia 820 and Lumia 920.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Confirmed With Demo, More Info Revealed
- ‘Minecraft PS Vita,’ PS4 And Xbox One Updates And More On The Microsoft Deal
- 'Dragon Age Inquisition': Three Classes Confirmed—Warrior, Mage And Rogue Abilities Exposed
- 'The Sims 4' Mods: Buff Emotion Changes, Pay Very Low Bills And Enable Advanced Debug For Cheats
- Meet 3 New 'Pokemon Omega Ruby And Alpha Sapphire' Mega Evolutions And Legendary Rayquaza
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date