Nokia Lumia 620 to Hit Australian Stores with a Low Price on February 22
By Jenalyn Villamarin | February 8, 2013 12:30 PM EST
Nokia has officially confirmed that a low-priced Lumia 620 Windows Phone will arrive in Australia on February 22. Consumers can get their hands on the Nokia Lumia 620 that only costs $329 across the Australian retail stores such as JB Hi-Fi, Allphones, The Good Guys, Dick Smith and Harvey Norman.
Steve Lewis, the Nokia managing director in Australia, stated that the Nokia Lumia 620 mainly targets a youthful demographic. "We want to deliver smart phones under the Lumia umbrella that appeal to a range of people and age groups," Lewis explained.
"With the Lumia 620, we're targeting a more cost-conscious younger audience who do not want to compromise on features and functionality. It's a great choice for someone looking to make the smart phone switch," the managing director further added.
Information about the new Lumia smart phone was initially revealed on December 2012. Nokia Lumia 620 is included in Nokia's smart phone line up to run using the latest operating system of Microsoft Windows Phone 8.
The Lumia 620 sports a 3.8-inch TFT touch screen with 800x480 pixel resolution. It features a 1GHz dual-core Snapdragon S4 Plus processor, 8GB internal storage capacity plus a microSD card slot for file storage expansion and 512MB RAM.
Though the Nokia smart phone is low-priced, it still comes with matching exclusive applications that the higher priced Nokia models exhibit. Nokia Lumia 620 has the Cinemagraph and Smart Shoot camera lenses as well as the other applications like Nokia Maps, Nokia City Lens, Nokia Music and Nokia Drive.
Other remarkable Nokia Lumia 620 features are the 5MP camera with LED flash, the VGA front-facing camera and a built-in NFC connectivity. However, there is a catch on the Nokia Lumia 620. The smart phone does not have 4G capability unlike the other Nokia units like the Lumia 820 and Lumia 920.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Halo: Master Chief’ Collection Update Detailed As ‘Halo: Nightfall’ Continues To Roll
- ‘Destiny’ Dev Details Update; New Exotic Weapons Coming And New Speculations On Free Trial
- Official Android 5.0 Lollipop Update For HTC One Google Play Editions Delayed Due To New Software Request
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Guide: Continuous Breeding, Must See Places And TwitchPlays Pokemon Activity
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 New Update Brings Performance And Stability Improvements
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James