Samsung Galaxy Note 3 vs Galaxy S4: Which high-end Android smartphone upgrade is better?
By Arlene Paredes | February 8, 2013 12:05 PM EST
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 is making its way to the market and will hit the stores soon enough, as the Galaxy S4 release date has been largely speculated to be March 15. Which of these two high-end Android smartphones would upgraders prefer?
That Galaxy Note 3 will have a much bigger screen than Galaxy S4 is the one thing everyone is sure at this point. You can also bet the Note 3 will have a longer battery life, and there is a good chance S-Pen stylus users will see significant improvements with the touch accessory. All the rest comes from the rumour mill.
Existing Galaxy Note 2 and Galaxy S3: Where's the difference?
Performance-wise, the existing Galaxy Note 2 and Galaxy S3 do not show much of a difference. What users can do with each gadget's performance level is a different story. The Note 2 has the sleek S-Pen stylus which provides a different experience for users and allows a more significant playtime for others. Note 2's bigger screen - while it may turn off others at first for being "oversized" - translates to extra thrill when playing Temple Run 2. While at the subject, the bigger Note 2 packs a more powerful battery that extends your playtime. The Galaxy S3 wins for users who, for any reason, do not think a smartphone should have a 5.5-in screen display and weigh 180 to 185 g. Others, however, do not want to carry multiple gadgets around, so they thank Samsung for marrying the tablet concept with the smartphone innovation.
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 vs Galaxy S4: The rumours
The Galaxy Note 2 to S3 comparison factors will be considered when choosing between Note 3 and S4. And if rumours prove true, upgraders will soon make this decision.
Both Galaxy Note 3 and Galaxy S4 will reportedly have the recently introduced Exynos 5 Octa eight-core chip under the hood. A 13 megapixel rear camera is said to be awaiting S4 upgraders, and it won't be surprising if Note 3 will have the same. In terms of screen size, the Note 3 will reportedly boast of a more massive 6.3-in display. On the other hand, Galaxy S4 will have a 5-inch screen. Both are expected to come in Full HD Super Amoled 1980 x 1080p.
With boosted display comes greater battery life demand. Each phone is reportedly up to the task, with the Note 3 expected to make use of a 3300mAh battery. That said, buyers get what they need. The questions are, what do you need, and which of these upgrades entice you more?
VIDEO: Galaxy Note 2 and Galaxy S3 Comparison (Marques Brownlee)
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build