Conspiracy Theorist Calls Christopher Dorner Manhunt A Hoax In Video As L.A. Shooting Saga Continues
By Connor Sheets | February 8, 2013 11:36 AM EST
A conspiracy theorist has released a video alleging that the manhunt for LAPD officer Christopher Dorner is a hoax, even while local authorities continue to search for the man suspected of carrying out a shooting a number of victims on Thursday, three of which -- a cop and two civilians -- were killed in his alleged quest to kill law enforcement officers throughout Southern California.
The conspiracy video went live on YouTube Thursday after police released information about a manifesto posted on Dorner's Facebook wall that threatens police officers throughout the region, and explained that they believe he is on the hunt for police officers of all sorts, though his manifesto included threats aimed not only at cops in general, but also at individual officers.
Fear over the gunman's capacity to continue to kill police officers has led law enforcement agencies to take a defensive stance and stop responding to small-time 911 calls in order to avoid public appearances until the alleged killing spree comes to an end, according to ABC News.
"The person we suspect of doing this is mobile, and with California's interstate highway system, every hour that goes by that's another 60 or 70 or 80 miles or greater circumference, it is a very wide net," Police Chief Sergio Diaz of the Riverside police department told ABC.
But YouTube user "dave j," who has a long history of posting and discussing conspiracy and hoax videos on the popular video-sharing site, has released a video calling the entire situation into question, claiming that the shootings and the ensuing manhunt are nothing more than a foil for California law enforcement agencies looking to instill fear in the populace and seize greater control of the public.
The video, entitled "LAPD office Christopher Jordan Dorner HOAX HOAX," provides so-called "evidence" to back up his claim, but no law enforcement agency has come forward to endorse or even acknowledge any of the points he makes about the manhunt he considers to be a fake.
"This is a hoax, this officer Christopher Jordan Dorner, it's a hoax drill and it's set up for the very simple reason to get the police agitated with the citizens, the citizens to accept more police involvement in their lives on the streets and give you a reason why they're going to want to stop you and set up roadblocks and do all kinds of other things," the video's narrator states. "And you will accept it, why? because they're telling you that this guy's out there shooting a bunch people."
But the unsubstantiated theories don't end there, as dave j goes on to theorize that one reason why the populace is willing to accept Dorner as a suspected killer is because he "looks a little bit like this guy, who they've been putting in our face all for the last three, four, five days." The "guy" he's referencing is none other than Baltimore Ravens star and Super Bowl XLVII champion Ray Lewis, who looks very little like Dorner, but similar enough that it allows dave j to go further down the strange road his theory traces, by stating that this familiarity with Lewis allows us to accept Dorner's face as that of an alleged cop-killer on the lam.
He then goes on to explain the official story so far of the Dorner manhunt, from his alleged killings to his so-called "escape plan," all of which dave j says "didn't happen," claiming that is instead all a ploy to get ratings for TV stations and to allow the police to take the control he claims they want to seize from the people they serve and protect.
He dissects a police press conference, alleging that authorities have chosen Dorner as "the unknown bogeyman" who we are all supposed to "hate" and "want to go away," all so that the police can set up further surveillance methods and get us to willingly give up our civil rights.
"If you still believe this happened, do the work and you will find out nothing makes sense. ... It is all there to terrorize you," he claims. "Stop believing these lies, please. Just be free in Jesus Christ and use your Christ mind."
The reference to Jesus is not surprising, as his profile description is the following quote of the Holy Bible's 2 Corinthians 12:9:
“And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.”
As dave j says in his clip, "it's all Hollywood." He claims to be referencing the Dorner manhunt, but is it a more apt description of his video? Click play below to watch his conspiracy theory video and judge for yourself.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- The Burka Avenger Educates Children While Fighting For Girls' Education Rights In New Pakistan TV Show
- Christopher Walken To Play Mob Boss In Film Adaptation Of Four Seasons Musical 'Jersey Boys'
- William Cantrell Mistakes Human Ashes For Cocaine, May Have Snorted Remains
- Giant Alligator Eats 80-Pound Dog In North Carolina, Gator May Still Be Alive
- Steve McQueen's Last Ride, 1952 Custom Chevy Pickup Truck, Hits The Auction Block
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Confirmed as Apple Sets Sept 9 iWatch, 2 iPhones Intro - Report
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected
- ISIS Wants $6.6M and Release of Aafia Siddiqui in Exchange of Head of Female US Humanitarian Aid Worker, 1st American Fighting for Jihadis Dead
- Ukraine Ceasefire Looks Remote As Putin Talks Tough At Meeting With Poroshenko