Galaxy Note GT-N5100 Debuts at MWC 2013, $529 per Unit
By Vittorio Hernandez | February 8, 2013 11:01 AM EST
Samsung is already used to rumours spreading about every single device it makes, and it cannot be helped if fans, critics, and loyalist keep on looking on every move from the South Korean tech giant.
Samsung holds the throne for selling the most number of smartphones in the world and it is not a surprise if the tech company will soon unveil a new device on the upcoming Mobile World Congress in February 2013.
A rumour about Galaxy Note 3 having 6.3-inches of screen display with eight core processors has been hanging around for quite some time. Many observers are waiting if the Galaxy Note GT-N5100 will appear on the event.
In January, information from SamMobile appears to confirm that the GT-N5100 from Samsung will be unveiled soon. It has two versions, the GT-N5100 3G/Wi-Fi and the GT-N5110 Wi-Fi only.
The model name called GT-N5100 will become the Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 and will sport an 8.0-inch of display screen, 1280x800 TFT of display resolution with Super Clear LCD, 5.0 megapixels rear shooting camera, 1.3 megapixels of front camera unit, 2GB of RAM, 16 or 32 internal storage, microSD card expansion slot, A-GPS, and a 4600 mAh battery unit.
The processor is still not certain, which is weird because other details seems easy to release than the CPU itself. It could be a surprise for the audience since ZTE introduced their eight-core processor in the Nubia Z7.
This upcoming speculated Galaxy Note will be the direct competition of the Apple iPad mini, bringing more power and performance in a lesser price.
Here is the list of the technical specifications from SamMobile:
Code Name: Kona
Android OS: Jellybean 4.2
Official Name: Galaxy Note 8.0 3G or Wi-Fi
Product Codes: GT-N5100, GT-5110
Battery: 4600 mAh
Dimension: 211.3x136.3x7.95mm, 330g
Display: 8.0" (1280x800) TFT - Super Clear LCD
GSM Networks: EDGE (850/900/1800/1900) HSPA +21.1Mbps, HSUPA 5.76Mbps (850/900/1900/2100)
Camera - Rear: 5.0MP
Camera - Front: 1.3MP
Storage: 16 or 32GB internal, up to 32GB external
Connectivity: Bluetooth 4.0, USB 2.0, Wi-Fi, A-GPS
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- California Fruits Recalled in USA and Canada for Possible Listeria Contamination
- Malaysian Airlines Flight 17: Air Carrier Losing $1.6 Million/Day; Crisis Management Experts Suggest Hiring Risk Expert as CEO
- The IBM and Apple Merger: Will it Spell Trouble to Rival Companies
- CBA, NAB, Westpac in Fixed Rate War Offering Below 5% Interest
- Radio Australia Cuts to Affect Isolated Vanuatu Residents Who Rely on It for Weather Bulletins
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown