Galaxy Note GT-N5100 Debuts at MWC 2013, $529 per Unit
By Vittorio Hernandez | February 8, 2013 11:01 AM EST
Samsung is already used to rumours spreading about every single device it makes, and it cannot be helped if fans, critics, and loyalist keep on looking on every move from the South Korean tech giant.
Samsung holds the throne for selling the most number of smartphones in the world and it is not a surprise if the tech company will soon unveil a new device on the upcoming Mobile World Congress in February 2013.
A rumour about Galaxy Note 3 having 6.3-inches of screen display with eight core processors has been hanging around for quite some time. Many observers are waiting if the Galaxy Note GT-N5100 will appear on the event.
In January, information from SamMobile appears to confirm that the GT-N5100 from Samsung will be unveiled soon. It has two versions, the GT-N5100 3G/Wi-Fi and the GT-N5110 Wi-Fi only.
The model name called GT-N5100 will become the Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 and will sport an 8.0-inch of display screen, 1280x800 TFT of display resolution with Super Clear LCD, 5.0 megapixels rear shooting camera, 1.3 megapixels of front camera unit, 2GB of RAM, 16 or 32 internal storage, microSD card expansion slot, A-GPS, and a 4600 mAh battery unit.
The processor is still not certain, which is weird because other details seems easy to release than the CPU itself. It could be a surprise for the audience since ZTE introduced their eight-core processor in the Nubia Z7.
This upcoming speculated Galaxy Note will be the direct competition of the Apple iPad mini, bringing more power and performance in a lesser price.
Here is the list of the technical specifications from SamMobile:
Code Name: Kona
Android OS: Jellybean 4.2
Official Name: Galaxy Note 8.0 3G or Wi-Fi
Product Codes: GT-N5100, GT-5110
Battery: 4600 mAh
Dimension: 211.3x136.3x7.95mm, 330g
Display: 8.0" (1280x800) TFT - Super Clear LCD
GSM Networks: EDGE (850/900/1800/1900) HSPA +21.1Mbps, HSUPA 5.76Mbps (850/900/1900/2100)
Camera - Rear: 5.0MP
Camera - Front: 1.3MP
Storage: 16 or 32GB internal, up to 32GB external
Connectivity: Bluetooth 4.0, USB 2.0, Wi-Fi, A-GPS
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report