Galaxy Note GT-N5100 Debuts at MWC 2013, $529 per Unit
By Vittorio Hernandez | February 8, 2013 11:01 AM EST
Samsung is already used to rumours spreading about every single device it makes, and it cannot be helped if fans, critics, and loyalist keep on looking on every move from the South Korean tech giant.
Samsung holds the throne for selling the most number of smartphones in the world and it is not a surprise if the tech company will soon unveil a new device on the upcoming Mobile World Congress in February 2013.
A rumour about Galaxy Note 3 having 6.3-inches of screen display with eight core processors has been hanging around for quite some time. Many observers are waiting if the Galaxy Note GT-N5100 will appear on the event.
In January, information from SamMobile appears to confirm that the GT-N5100 from Samsung will be unveiled soon. It has two versions, the GT-N5100 3G/Wi-Fi and the GT-N5110 Wi-Fi only.
The model name called GT-N5100 will become the Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 and will sport an 8.0-inch of display screen, 1280x800 TFT of display resolution with Super Clear LCD, 5.0 megapixels rear shooting camera, 1.3 megapixels of front camera unit, 2GB of RAM, 16 or 32 internal storage, microSD card expansion slot, A-GPS, and a 4600 mAh battery unit.
The processor is still not certain, which is weird because other details seems easy to release than the CPU itself. It could be a surprise for the audience since ZTE introduced their eight-core processor in the Nubia Z7.
This upcoming speculated Galaxy Note will be the direct competition of the Apple iPad mini, bringing more power and performance in a lesser price.
Here is the list of the technical specifications from SamMobile:
Code Name: Kona
Android OS: Jellybean 4.2
Official Name: Galaxy Note 8.0 3G or Wi-Fi
Product Codes: GT-N5100, GT-5110
Battery: 4600 mAh
Dimension: 211.3x136.3x7.95mm, 330g
Display: 8.0" (1280x800) TFT - Super Clear LCD
GSM Networks: EDGE (850/900/1800/1900) HSPA +21.1Mbps, HSUPA 5.76Mbps (850/900/1900/2100)
Camera - Rear: 5.0MP
Camera - Front: 1.3MP
Storage: 16 or 32GB internal, up to 32GB external
Connectivity: Bluetooth 4.0, USB 2.0, Wi-Fi, A-GPS
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Unofficial ‘Samsung Galaxy Alpha’ Can Now Be Purchased For $700 In The US
- Google Now v. Siri v. Cortana – Comparison Of The Three Leading Virtual Assistants
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1
- Sony Xperia E3 vs. Moto G (2014) – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown