Galaxy Note GT-N5100 Debuts at MWC 2013, $529 per Unit
By Vittorio Hernandez | February 8, 2013 11:01 AM EST
Samsung is already used to rumours spreading about every single device it makes, and it cannot be helped if fans, critics, and loyalist keep on looking on every move from the South Korean tech giant.
Samsung holds the throne for selling the most number of smartphones in the world and it is not a surprise if the tech company will soon unveil a new device on the upcoming Mobile World Congress in February 2013.
A rumour about Galaxy Note 3 having 6.3-inches of screen display with eight core processors has been hanging around for quite some time. Many observers are waiting if the Galaxy Note GT-N5100 will appear on the event.
In January, information from SamMobile appears to confirm that the GT-N5100 from Samsung will be unveiled soon. It has two versions, the GT-N5100 3G/Wi-Fi and the GT-N5110 Wi-Fi only.
The model name called GT-N5100 will become the Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 and will sport an 8.0-inch of display screen, 1280x800 TFT of display resolution with Super Clear LCD, 5.0 megapixels rear shooting camera, 1.3 megapixels of front camera unit, 2GB of RAM, 16 or 32 internal storage, microSD card expansion slot, A-GPS, and a 4600 mAh battery unit.
The processor is still not certain, which is weird because other details seems easy to release than the CPU itself. It could be a surprise for the audience since ZTE introduced their eight-core processor in the Nubia Z7.
This upcoming speculated Galaxy Note will be the direct competition of the Apple iPad mini, bringing more power and performance in a lesser price.
Here is the list of the technical specifications from SamMobile:
Code Name: Kona
Android OS: Jellybean 4.2
Official Name: Galaxy Note 8.0 3G or Wi-Fi
Product Codes: GT-N5100, GT-5110
Battery: 4600 mAh
Dimension: 211.3x136.3x7.95mm, 330g
Display: 8.0" (1280x800) TFT - Super Clear LCD
GSM Networks: EDGE (850/900/1800/1900) HSPA +21.1Mbps, HSUPA 5.76Mbps (850/900/1900/2100)
Camera - Rear: 5.0MP
Camera - Front: 1.3MP
Storage: 16 or 32GB internal, up to 32GB external
Connectivity: Bluetooth 4.0, USB 2.0, Wi-Fi, A-GPS
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Tesco Facing Crisis After Chairman Quits Citing Accounting Scandal In The Retail Giant
- #Snapgate: iPad Air 2 Breaks While Undergoing Bend Test
- Australian Federal Court Fines Reebok $350,000 & Orders Refunds For Shoe Endorsed By Miranda Kerr That Claims Unproven Health Benefits
- Perth Call Centre Staff Bad In English And Not Philippine And Indian Counterparts, Telstra Boss Says
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS