Live Stream News Updates Of Winter Storm Nemo; Possible 'Historic, Crippling Blizzard' Ahead For Northeast [WATCH HERE]
By Maria Vultaggio | February 8, 2013 10:51 AM EST
An alert for a “historic, crippling blizzard” has been issued for the Northeast, The Weather Channel writes, but people have taken to Twitter to joke about the name of the storm instead of bracing for a long, dark and cold weekend.
For those who are curious about the severe storm that lies ahead, click here to watch The Weather Channel’s live stream footage of what it calls Winter Storm Nemo.
A blizzard warning was issued for New York, western Connecticut and northern New Jersey.
“Falling and blowing snow with strong winds and poor visibilities are likely. This will lead to whiteout conditions... making travel extremely dangerous,” the National Weather Service wrote.
In addition to nearly 10 to 14 inches of snow, gusts are expected to reach 45 mph.
Right now the Northeast has been warned to brace itself for a severe weather storm that has been given the name “Nemo.”
Nemo is best known as the clown fish character from the 2003 Disney/Pixar film “Finding Nemo.” The fish with the special fin gets separated from his father Marlin after being captured by a scuba diver. Marlin then begins an adventure to find his son and meets the unforgettable Dory along the way.
Popular quotes come from Dory, given voice by Ellen DeGeneres: “Just keeping swimming” and “P. Sherman, 42 Wallaby Way, Sydney.”
Here are some popular “Finding Nemo” inspired tweets about blizzard Nemo:
“Let me be the first to make the terrible joke "just keep snowing, just keep snowing..." #nemo,” @zoomusikgrl wrote.
“Why are they calling this blizzard #Nemo? #Nemo would never hurt anyone :( #justkeepswimming,” @Landry70523.
@TheEngagingEd wasn’t impressed with the name of the storm:
“So. #nemo. You have kind of a crummy name. All I can think of is the clown fish. Don't ruin the show tomorrow night please. #IKnowItsWinter”
@Jen_nay_nay_ shared, “My kindergarteners only like this storm because of its name #nemo.”
But not everyone’s posts had to do with the movie:
@SlopeNews tweeted, “Make sure you've got plenty of groceries and booze, and we'll get through #Nemo like the rockstars?
“Reasons why you should book with a travel agent: getting re-accommodated fast when impeding weather strikes! #nemo,” @LibertyTravel shared.
Forecasts for the storm have varied, but it seems New York will be hit with a foot of snow while Boston faces nearly three feet.
Read here for some tips to prepare for the storm.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- The Burka Avenger Educates Children While Fighting For Girls' Education Rights In New Pakistan TV Show
- Christopher Walken To Play Mob Boss In Film Adaptation Of Four Seasons Musical 'Jersey Boys'
- William Cantrell Mistakes Human Ashes For Cocaine, May Have Snorted Remains
- Giant Alligator Eats 80-Pound Dog In North Carolina, Gator May Still Be Alive
- Steve McQueen's Last Ride, 1952 Custom Chevy Pickup Truck, Hits The Auction Block
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Google Chrome 64-bit for Windows 8 and Window 7 with Mac Beta Available
- Apple iOS 8 vs Android 5.0 L: OS Wars Puts Android to Lower while Apple to Higher
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen
- Google Can Kill Samsung with Android KitKat and Android One: Here's How