The Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini has easily gained its Jellybean 4.1.2 update, unlike with other devices that were released before it. It is now added to those smartphones list which has received a new update with new features added. Samsung is keeping its word that updates are running on all their devices.
There are two versions of Jellybean 4.1.2 update for Galaxy S3 Mini I8190, a DXALL7 and XXAMA2. The DXALL7 firmware version seems to be an Asian update for Singapore is one of the first to be able to download it. The XXAMA2 is the European version for Bulgaria, Poland, Luxemburg, Slovenia, the Baltics, and Russia.
2. Turn off the device, boot it to download mode (Vol Down Key + OK button, and hold both together with the Power Button). Press Volume Up to continue to Download Mode once the Warning Message appeared.
3. Once it is in Download Mode, open the Odin and connect the device using the USB cable.
4. Check to ensure that the ID: COM section turns yellow/blue depending on the Odin version. If not, drivers are missing, please install Samsung Kies in your computer.
5. Once everything checks out, click on "PDA" to select the "tar" file you have downloaded.
6. Click "Start" tab to begin the update. The device reboots after a successfully update.
7. Once the home screen or the country selector code appears, disconnect the device and check the firmware version if it is updated. "Settings - About Phone"
Note: For issues such as if the device refuses to turn on or gets stuck on the Samsung Logo, long press the Power Button to shut down the device or re-insert the battery to start the process from the beginning.