Galaxy S3 Mini I8190 Official Jellybean 4.1.2 from Samsung
By Vittorio Hernandez | February 8, 2013 10:32 AM EST
The Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini has easily gained its Jellybean 4.1.2 update, unlike with other devices that were released before it. It is now added to those smartphones list which has received a new update with new features added. Samsung is keeping its word that updates are running on all their devices.
There are two versions of Jellybean 4.1.2 update for Galaxy S3 Mini I8190, a DXALL7 and XXAMA2. The DXALL7 firmware version seems to be an Asian update for Singapore is one of the first to be able to download it. The XXAMA2 is the European version for Bulgaria, Poland, Luxemburg, Slovenia, the Baltics, and Russia.
Both firmware updates are from Samsung, these are not custom ROMs or a beta version.
Below is the step-by-step guide on how to install the firmware update manually, but first, let's check the prerequisites.
1. All data in your Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini I8190 should be backed up for easy restoration. Never use ROM Manager to avoid bricking your phone.
SMS: Use "SMS Backup & Restore app"
Contacts: Sync them with the Gmail application
Call Log: Call Log and Restore
Multimedia and Data Files: Copy to internal memory or to the external SD card.
APN and MMS Settings: Note down the details from "Applications - Settings - Wireless and Network - Mobile Networks - Access Point Names"
2. Enable the USB Debugging, "Settings - Applications - Development - USB Debugging"
3. The device should have at least 40% battery so it will not turn off during the process.
4. Make sure that the device is NOT rooted.
5. Do not attempt anything else unless under the guide to avoid the risk of bricking the device.
The Flashing Process
2. Turn off the device, boot it to download mode (Vol Down Key + OK button, and hold both together with the Power Button). Press Volume Up to continue to Download Mode once the Warning Message appeared.
3. Once it is in Download Mode, open the Odin and connect the device using the USB cable.
4. Check to ensure that the ID: COM section turns yellow/blue depending on the Odin version. If not, drivers are missing, please install Samsung Kies in your computer.
5. Once everything checks out, click on "PDA" to select the "tar" file you have downloaded.
6. Click "Start" tab to begin the update. The device reboots after a successfully update.
7. Once the home screen or the country selector code appears, disconnect the device and check the firmware version if it is updated. "Settings - About Phone"
Note: For issues such as if the device refuses to turn on or gets stuck on the Samsung Logo, long press the Power Button to shut down the device or re-insert the battery to start the process from the beginning.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Tesco Facing Crisis After Chairman Quits Citing Accounting Scandal In The Retail Giant
- Australian Federal Court Fines Reebok $350,000 & Orders Refunds For Shoe Endorsed By Miranda Kerr That Claims Unproven Health Benefits
- Sydney Software Firm Bigcommerce Teams Up With Alibaba To Beat Amazon
- Perth Call Centre Staff Bad In English And Not Philippine And Indian Counterparts, Telstra Boss Says
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports