Starbucks Launches Flagship Store in New Delhi [PHOTOS]
By IB Times Staff Reporter | February 8, 2013 12:22 AM EST
TATA Starbucks, a joint venture company owned by Starbucks Corporation and Tata Global Beverages, on Wednesday opened its first flagship store in Delhi.
The store is located in Connaught Place and is opened to customers from Thursday. Keeping in mind the heritage and history of the city, Starbucks has included dishes like Murg Makhni Pie and Mutton Seekh in Roomali Roti in its menu to suit the taste of Delhiites.
"We are delighted to open our doors to customers here, in the capital city of New Delhi; extending the Starbucks Experience to more customers in India," said John Culver, president, Starbucks Coffee China and Asia Pacific.
"We are incredibly humbled by the warm way in which the Indian consumer has embraced Starbucks entry into the market. This first flagship store in New Delhi promises to offer a distinct third place with a beautiful store designed specifically for New Delhi with great respect to the rich Indian heritage and culture," Culver added.
Avani Saglani Davda, CEO of TATA Starbucks, commenting on the launch of the store in national capital said, "We look forward to inviting customers to our first flagship store in New Delhi to enjoy the unique store design and elevated customer experience. We will continue to work thoughtfully to open stores in locations where our customers want and expect us to be. We continue to serve the finest espresso, sourced and roasted in India for India and are confident that our specially designed food offering will appeal to our customers here."
Check out the photos of the first Starbucks store launched in New Delhi:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Image Of An Alien Revealed By US Intelligence Agent Suggests Existence Of Extraterrestrial Life -- Report
- US Police Officers Shoot 12-Year-Old Child ‘By Mistake’
- Woman Charged For Leaving Her Baby in Drain in Australia Needs 'Compassion' Says Social Worker
- [In Pictures] Police Fire As Protest Turns Into ‘Riot’ After Grand Jury Decision on Ferguson Shooting
- New Zealanders in Australia Consider Moving Back to Home Country For Better Life
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- 16GB iPhone 6 for $99 at Sam’s Club is the Best 2014 Black Friday Deal Around
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft