Starbucks Launches Flagship Store in New Delhi [PHOTOS]
By IB Times Staff Reporter | February 8, 2013 12:22 AM EST
TATA Starbucks, a joint venture company owned by Starbucks Corporation and Tata Global Beverages, on Wednesday opened its first flagship store in Delhi.
The store is located in Connaught Place and is opened to customers from Thursday. Keeping in mind the heritage and history of the city, Starbucks has included dishes like Murg Makhni Pie and Mutton Seekh in Roomali Roti in its menu to suit the taste of Delhiites.
"We are delighted to open our doors to customers here, in the capital city of New Delhi; extending the Starbucks Experience to more customers in India," said John Culver, president, Starbucks Coffee China and Asia Pacific.
"We are incredibly humbled by the warm way in which the Indian consumer has embraced Starbucks entry into the market. This first flagship store in New Delhi promises to offer a distinct third place with a beautiful store designed specifically for New Delhi with great respect to the rich Indian heritage and culture," Culver added.
Avani Saglani Davda, CEO of TATA Starbucks, commenting on the launch of the store in national capital said, "We look forward to inviting customers to our first flagship store in New Delhi to enjoy the unique store design and elevated customer experience. We will continue to work thoughtfully to open stores in locations where our customers want and expect us to be. We continue to serve the finest espresso, sourced and roasted in India for India and are confident that our specially designed food offering will appeal to our customers here."
Check out the photos of the first Starbucks store launched in New Delhi:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Update: Duchess Has ‘Strict Style Guide,’ Expected To Wear Winter Wardrobes During Pregnancy
- Bizarre Sex Abuse: Man Licks Woman’s Foot in Canada, Runs Away With Her Shoe
- New Zealand Pre-schooler Suffers Attack For Wearing A Jewish Cap; Anti-Semitic Act Condemned
- Australia's Direct Action Policy To Increase Projected Emmisions By 2020 -- UN Report
- Canadian Soldier Dies in 'Freak Accident' at Work
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James