Starbucks Launches Flagship Store in New Delhi [PHOTOS]
By IB Times Staff Reporter | February 8, 2013 12:22 AM EST
TATA Starbucks, a joint venture company owned by Starbucks Corporation and Tata Global Beverages, on Wednesday opened its first flagship store in Delhi.
The store is located in Connaught Place and is opened to customers from Thursday. Keeping in mind the heritage and history of the city, Starbucks has included dishes like Murg Makhni Pie and Mutton Seekh in Roomali Roti in its menu to suit the taste of Delhiites.
"We are delighted to open our doors to customers here, in the capital city of New Delhi; extending the Starbucks Experience to more customers in India," said John Culver, president, Starbucks Coffee China and Asia Pacific.
"We are incredibly humbled by the warm way in which the Indian consumer has embraced Starbucks entry into the market. This first flagship store in New Delhi promises to offer a distinct third place with a beautiful store designed specifically for New Delhi with great respect to the rich Indian heritage and culture," Culver added.
Avani Saglani Davda, CEO of TATA Starbucks, commenting on the launch of the store in national capital said, "We look forward to inviting customers to our first flagship store in New Delhi to enjoy the unique store design and elevated customer experience. We will continue to work thoughtfully to open stores in locations where our customers want and expect us to be. We continue to serve the finest espresso, sourced and roasted in India for India and are confident that our specially designed food offering will appeal to our customers here."
Check out the photos of the first Starbucks store launched in New Delhi:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- National Ice Cream Day: Most-Ordered Flavors and Toppings by Americans [See Photos]
Join the Conversation
- 2014 Meteor Shower: Where and How to Best View Delta Aquarids Meteor Shower Peak on July 28 and 29
- Jeremy Meeks Death Hoax: Handsome Felon's Fake Death after Release from Jail Goes Viral
- Happy Birthday Prince George: 5 Things to Know About Kate Middleton and Prince William’s Son
- Prince George’s Birthday Celebrations: Prince Charles and Duchess Camilla to Remain Absent from Grandson's First Birthday Party Plus Other Details- Report
- iPhone 6 releasing Soon, Use Old Smartphones to Save Rainforest
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- End of Times Indicators: Japan’s Mount Fuji in ‘Critical State’ to Erupt, Could Affect At Least 1.2M People