Manchester City's Courtney Meppen-Walter Guilty of Careless Driving Deaths
By Ewan Palmer | February 7, 2013 11:36 PM EST
A Manchester City youth player has pleaded guilty to causing the death of a brother and sister by careless driving.
Courtney Meppen-Walter, 18, of Blackley, Greater Manchester, pleaded guilty to causing the deaths of Kulwant Singh, 32, and Ravel Kaur-Singh, 37, when he crashed his Mercedes into their Nissan Micra in Bury in September.
Kaur-Singh's two sons, aged 16 and 17, were in the back seat of the car during the collision. They sustained head injuries but were said by police to be "making a good recovery".
Meppen-Walter pleaded guilty at Manchester magistrates court to two charges of causing death by driving without due care and attention. He will be sentenced on 28 February.
The Bury-born defender has been at Manchester City since 2003 but has yet to make a first-team appearance. He represented England at the under-17 level.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
- Photos from the Crash Site of Malaysia Airlines MH17 In Ukraine
Join the Conversation
- No Kevin Love to Cleveland, Andrew Wiggins to Stay with Cavaliers
- Jeremy Lin Only an ‘Expiring Contract’ in Los Angeles; Lakers Want Eric Bledsoe
- Jeremy Lin Demands More Playing Time From Lakers Next Season
- Khloe Kardashian Sympathetic About Ex-Husband Lamar Odom in Recent Instagram Posts
- Rafael Nadal’s Retirement Plan Includes Becoming Pro Poker Player; Spaniard To Unveil New Serve at US Open
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- End of Times Indicators: Japan’s Mount Fuji in ‘Critical State’ to Erupt, Could Affect At Least 1.2M People