Must-Watch: Asa Baker-Rouse, 6, Tells a Story about Life, Waiting, and Being 'Scared'
By Arlene Paredes | February 7, 2013 5:04 PM EST
Bianca Giaever, from Middlebury in Vermont, is a member of the social video sharing site Vimeo. She talked to a 6-year-old boy about a movie he may have in mind. The boy, Asa Baker-Rouse, dished more than just a concept. And Giaever translated it into a wonderful short film.
"I asked a six year old what my movie should be about, and this is what he told me," writes Giaever on Vimeo. The video was uploaded six days ago, but it started drawing praises only recently. Mashable called the story, "Oscar-worthy."
The video shows how 6-year-old Asa Baker-Rouse imagines his story right from the beginning, with the word "start" in box within a box.
One day, a "big, enormous" bear told a mouse they should go to a swimming pool," begins the story. Asa is quite detail-oriented, even pointing out the scenes where he'd use sound effects. What viewers get is a delightfully fascinating takeaway thought about life, letting go, pizza, and all things you like. The theme is pretty catchy, too.
Here are some of the comments on Giaever's video:
I love love love this! And I love that I know Asa's mom and Bianca knows my son. That's one of the many small world things I love about Vermont! - Julie Benay
This is pretty special in lots of different ways. You have a new fan. - Ronen V.
WHAT. this is amazing and incredible and i love it and it's great. what a beautiful exchange! you helped this lovely six year old tell his story... i'm sure this process challenged you creatively... and we all learned what to do when we're scared! - Riley Hooper
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- 16GB iPhone 6 for $99 at Sam’s Club is the Best 2014 Black Friday Deal Around
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft