3 Proofs that Samsung Galaxy S4 Release Date is on March 15
By Kristin Dian Mariano | February 7, 2013 3:14 PM EST
CNET sited a source close to the launch plans for Samsung allegedly stated that the Galaxy S4 will be unveiled at a later date. It is reported that Samsung does not want to share the spotlight with other smartphones that will be released at the tech event.
Samsung seemed to be planning an extravagant launch event for the successor of 2012's best-selling smartphone - Samsung Galaxy S3. Geeky-Gadgets claimed to have received a tip from a source working in a major retailer in the U.K that Samsung's smartphone will launch sometime between April 15 and April 22.
Some of the rumoured specifications for the Galaxy S4 include a 5-inch FHD Super AMOLED 1980 x 1080 Flexible Display, 4G LTE connectivity, a 13-megapixel camera, 2-megapixel front camera, 2GB of RAM and Samsung's latest eight core processor, the Exynos 5 Octa that the company introduced at CES.
Some rumours claimed that the device will come with Androidv4.2.1 Jelly Bean out of the box. However, other rumours say that the device will run with Androidv5.0, Key Lime Pie.
Below are some of the proofs that points to the imminent release of the Samsung Galaxy S4 on March 15.
- Sources from Samsung Leaked Information - Samsung-centric website SamMobile cited reliable sources from Samsung claiming that Samsung Galaxy S4 will be available on April after its March launch. SamMobile had a reputation that it correctly reported rumours pertaining to Samsung devices.
- Screen Display Ready for Production - Samsung first showed off the 1080p HD display on a roadmap at CES 2013 in early January, and it appears that Samsung Display is ready to, or has already started mass production of the new 4.99-inch Full HD display. According to the report from Korean news organization DDaily, discovered by SammyHub, Samsung Mobile needs the new Samsung Galaxy S4 displays to be ready for early March.
- Eight Core Processor is Ready to be Used - The powerful eight core Exynos 5 processor from Samsung was also announced at the CES 2013 and was confirmed that will be seen in the upcoming Samsung devices.
Amidst the rumours, Samsung released no official comment yet on the rumours surrounding Samsung Galaxy S4.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build