Lakers Update: Pau Gasol Injured, Out for Six Weeks
By Czarina Malleta | February 7, 2013 2:24 PM EST
While Kobe Bryant leaves with a triumphant reel dunk, Pau Gasol left with an injured foot in the Lakers game against the Brooklyn Nets.
Bad news on Gasol as well as the rest of the team, the Lakers forward injured his foot badly and will not be able to play for at least six weeks. The Lakers are clouded with so much pressure since their severe losing streak but just when they are turning things their way, they lost Gasol as forward.
According to reports from CBS' Ken Berger, Gasol will be out of the game for at least six weeks. It would be a long period of time for a team that is thriving to win.
"Pau Gasol has a partial tear of his plantar fascia and is expected to be out at least six weeks, league source tells @CBSSports," a tweet from Berger confirmed.
But the news gets worse, Berger said that Gasol only has two options. One is to go to rehab which will take 6-8 weeks and the other is to perform surgery that would take about 10-12 weeks of recovery. But the thing is, if he did choose going under the knife, Gasol has a better chance for full recovery.
ESPN reporter Dave McMenamin said that Pau Gasol is "worried" about his injury but will surely take extra precautions.
''I'm hoping to recover asap so I can be back with the team and keep fighting until the end of the season," read one of Gasol's tweets.
The Lakers announced that they will be flying Gasol to Los Angeles on Thursday to have his injury examined by a team of physicians. They also announced that they will give a timeline on Gasol's return after the examination results.
Losing Gasol is a big disadvantage for the Lakers now that they are only beginning to improve with a total of six wins over seven games. It looks like the team, with the lead of Kobe, has to come up with strategies to sustain their momentum.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- What Happens When You Give Up Sex For 12 Months? – Dialogue With Peter Lynagh – Exclusive
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Female Tennis Athletes [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- UFC News: Ronda Rousey To Avenge Teammates, Demands Bethe Correia
- FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: Argentina vs. Philippines Preview, Starting Lineups
- Kate Upton And BF Justin Verlander Nude Photo Leaked; Verlander Instantly Became An Internet Meme Sensation
- Grigor Dimitrov Shares Fashion Tips With Maria Sharapova
- FIBA World Cup 2014: Puerto Rico vs. Greece Live Streaming, Betting Odds and Preview
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- HTC One M8 for Windows Vs. Nokia Lumia Icon, The Battle Of Windows Phones