Lakers Update: Pau Gasol Injured, Out for Six Weeks
By Czarina Malleta | February 7, 2013 2:24 PM EST
While Kobe Bryant leaves with a triumphant reel dunk, Pau Gasol left with an injured foot in the Lakers game against the Brooklyn Nets.
Bad news on Gasol as well as the rest of the team, the Lakers forward injured his foot badly and will not be able to play for at least six weeks. The Lakers are clouded with so much pressure since their severe losing streak but just when they are turning things their way, they lost Gasol as forward.
According to reports from CBS' Ken Berger, Gasol will be out of the game for at least six weeks. It would be a long period of time for a team that is thriving to win.
"Pau Gasol has a partial tear of his plantar fascia and is expected to be out at least six weeks, league source tells @CBSSports," a tweet from Berger confirmed.
But the news gets worse, Berger said that Gasol only has two options. One is to go to rehab which will take 6-8 weeks and the other is to perform surgery that would take about 10-12 weeks of recovery. But the thing is, if he did choose going under the knife, Gasol has a better chance for full recovery.
ESPN reporter Dave McMenamin said that Pau Gasol is "worried" about his injury but will surely take extra precautions.
''I'm hoping to recover asap so I can be back with the team and keep fighting until the end of the season," read one of Gasol's tweets.
The Lakers announced that they will be flying Gasol to Los Angeles on Thursday to have his injury examined by a team of physicians. They also announced that they will give a timeline on Gasol's return after the examination results.
Losing Gasol is a big disadvantage for the Lakers now that they are only beginning to improve with a total of six wins over seven games. It looks like the team, with the lead of Kobe, has to come up with strategies to sustain their momentum.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Chelsea FC: Mourinho Hints Cesc Fabregas Could Succeed John Terry As Club Captain
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS