Lakers Update: Pau Gasol Injured, Out for Six Weeks
By Czarina Malleta | February 7, 2013 2:24 PM EST
While Kobe Bryant leaves with a triumphant reel dunk, Pau Gasol left with an injured foot in the Lakers game against the Brooklyn Nets.
Bad news on Gasol as well as the rest of the team, the Lakers forward injured his foot badly and will not be able to play for at least six weeks. The Lakers are clouded with so much pressure since their severe losing streak but just when they are turning things their way, they lost Gasol as forward.
According to reports from CBS' Ken Berger, Gasol will be out of the game for at least six weeks. It would be a long period of time for a team that is thriving to win.
"Pau Gasol has a partial tear of his plantar fascia and is expected to be out at least six weeks, league source tells @CBSSports," a tweet from Berger confirmed.
But the news gets worse, Berger said that Gasol only has two options. One is to go to rehab which will take 6-8 weeks and the other is to perform surgery that would take about 10-12 weeks of recovery. But the thing is, if he did choose going under the knife, Gasol has a better chance for full recovery.
ESPN reporter Dave McMenamin said that Pau Gasol is "worried" about his injury but will surely take extra precautions.
''I'm hoping to recover asap so I can be back with the team and keep fighting until the end of the season," read one of Gasol's tweets.
The Lakers announced that they will be flying Gasol to Los Angeles on Thursday to have his injury examined by a team of physicians. They also announced that they will give a timeline on Gasol's return after the examination results.
Losing Gasol is a big disadvantage for the Lakers now that they are only beginning to improve with a total of six wins over seven games. It looks like the team, with the lead of Kobe, has to come up with strategies to sustain their momentum.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Final: USA Vs. Serbia Live Streaming Info, Key Players And Preview
- The Rock Reveals He And John Cena Nearly Fought Backstage [VIDEO]
- Maria Sharapova And Grigor Dimitrov Break Up News
- Reports Indicate Mayweather Has 2 Girlfriends: Bad Medina & Liza Hernandez
- NFL Week 2: Kansas City Chiefs Vs. Denver Broncos Live Streaming Information And Preview
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date