BlackBerry z10: Side-loading Android Apps, More Games to Come?
By Gilda Galang | February 7, 2013 1:46 PM EST
The BlackBerry z10's unexpected success has been taking the industry by storm. After a successful launch in UK, which translated to selling out even the less in-demand white models, according to US Switch, the challenge now is to keep the BB10 crowd happy with successful apps.
However, this is made possible through sideloading. This only means that, you can download apps from Android onto your BlackBerry by following a few simple directions, as it is now a click-download-enjoy feature like in other platforms.
This does mean that apps like the Amazon Kindle, which is not available in the BlackBerry 10, can now be sideloaded and enjoyed in your device. Two other things to take note of, according to AndroidCommunity.com is that you would need to turn on the Developer Mode on.
This is easily done by connecting the Z10 to your computer, scouting the Android apps that have been converted to fit the BB10 platform.
At the same time, you need to install the DDPB program onto your computer, so you can pick the apps you want from Android and download them to the Z10.
The Android news for the BlackBerry Z10 doesn't end there, as PhoneArena reports the possibility of BlackBerry's update to the Android 4.1 Jelly Bean. This way, user problems involving unresponsive apps or slow runtimes should more or less be addressed.
However, there has yet to be word on when the update will run for the BlackBerry Z10.
As for the BlackBerry 10 games, however, BlackBerry.com reports that Marmalade is getting onboard to help developers bring games to the BlackBerry 10 platform.
Marmalade is a software maker that provides best performance and portability in the industry of cross-platform applications. Essentially, they make it easier for developers to create apps for the BlackBerry World so that consumers can easily enjoy the apps on their BB10.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- National Ice Cream Day: Most-Ordered Flavors and Toppings by Americans [See Photos]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Photos from the Crash Site of Malaysia Airlines MH17 In Ukraine
Join the Conversation
- Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire News: Meet Professor Birch Plus X and Y Updates
- Samsung Galaxy S5: Logitech Unveils Protection+ Case Accessory for Android Smartphone
- Sony Xperia Z Android 4.4.2 KitKat Battery Issue, How to Resolve and Future Firmware Upgrade
- Dragon Age 3 Inquisition: Flemeth, Tallis, the Warden and Champion of Kirkwall Possible Appearances
- Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update for Moto X Reported With Poor Battery Life; Six Ways to Resolve the Issue
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- End of Times Indicators: Japan’s Mount Fuji in ‘Critical State’ to Erupt, Could Affect At Least 1.2M People