BlackBerry z10: Side-loading Android Apps, More Games to Come?
By Gilda Galang | February 7, 2013 1:46 PM EST
The BlackBerry z10's unexpected success has been taking the industry by storm. After a successful launch in UK, which translated to selling out even the less in-demand white models, according to US Switch, the challenge now is to keep the BB10 crowd happy with successful apps.
However, this is made possible through sideloading. This only means that, you can download apps from Android onto your BlackBerry by following a few simple directions, as it is now a click-download-enjoy feature like in other platforms.
This does mean that apps like the Amazon Kindle, which is not available in the BlackBerry 10, can now be sideloaded and enjoyed in your device. Two other things to take note of, according to AndroidCommunity.com is that you would need to turn on the Developer Mode on.
This is easily done by connecting the Z10 to your computer, scouting the Android apps that have been converted to fit the BB10 platform.
At the same time, you need to install the DDPB program onto your computer, so you can pick the apps you want from Android and download them to the Z10.
The Android news for the BlackBerry Z10 doesn't end there, as PhoneArena reports the possibility of BlackBerry's update to the Android 4.1 Jelly Bean. This way, user problems involving unresponsive apps or slow runtimes should more or less be addressed.
However, there has yet to be word on when the update will run for the BlackBerry Z10.
As for the BlackBerry 10 games, however, BlackBerry.com reports that Marmalade is getting onboard to help developers bring games to the BlackBerry 10 platform.
Marmalade is a software maker that provides best performance and portability in the industry of cross-platform applications. Essentially, they make it easier for developers to create apps for the BlackBerry World so that consumers can easily enjoy the apps on their BB10.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Android 5.0 Lollipop Update Roundup: HTC, Google, LG, Motorola, Xolo, OnePlus, Samsung And Sony Upgrade Plans
- Sony Teases PS4 2.0 System Software Update As Sony Xperia Z2 And Z2 Tablet Get Remote Play
- ‘GTA V’ 1.18 Update: Heists, Zombies, Hydra Jets DLC Seemingly Possible
- ‘Destiny’ ‘The Dark Below’ DLC: XP Boosters, New Armours Revealed, Atheon Fixes
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby And Alpha Sapphire’ Updates; PokeNav And Pokemon Halloween Detailed
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage