Robin Sachs Dead at 61: Buffy Fans Say Goodbye to Ethan Rayne
By Gilda Galang | February 7, 2013 12:53 PM EST
Respected British actor Robin Sachs, who has been recently known as the character of Zaeed Massani in acclaimed Mass Effect 2 and 3, has passed away at 61 in his Los Angeles home.
According to Venture Beat, there has been no announcement on the official cause of death of the actor.
Many fans of Joss Whedon's hit TV series Buffy the Vampire Slayer will remember Sachs as the archenemy of the Scooby Gang, as well as rival and old mate of Rupert Giles
The Wrap reports that Sach's official website has announced his death with the message, "Please join us in raising a glass to Robin-goodbye, dear friend. Thank you for all the laughter and the cookies. We will miss you so very much."
Sach has also played roles in movies including Ocean's Eleven and The Lost World: Jurassic Park. He has also donned another evil role as General Sarris, alongside Tim Allen in Galaxy Quest.
However, the evil roles are far from Sach's real self. According to BBC, he was called a wonderful person and a very talented actor by ex-wife Casey Defranco.
A versatile actor through and through, Sachs has also played roles in hit TV series such as NCIS, Alias, Star Trek: Voyager, Baywatch Nights, and Torchwood, as well as lend voice to programs including Spongebob Squarepants and Castle.
Video game fans will also miss Sachs, as he has covered video gaming roles in his career. He has been the voice of Ataman and Ivan Judanovich in Resident Evil: Damnation, Xolotl in Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom, Seneschal Varel in Dragon Age: Origins - Awakening, and Admiral Saul Karath in Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic.
According to Sky News, friends and fans have also paid their respects to the actor. Members of Whedonesque, a weblog devoted to everything about Joss Whedon also show their grief as well as commemorate the actor's life and career.
As parting words for the actor on Whedonesque, "He was an amazing and wonderful man and we are all heartbroken. Please raise a glass and toast to the life and career of the wonderful Robin Sachs."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- "Game of Thrones" Season 5 Spoilers -- Arya Stark’s New Costume, Mace Tyrell And Tycho Spotted On The Sets
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 19, 2014: Hope Needs To Decide If She Will Stay With Wyatt Or Go With Liam [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘Mad Men’ Season 7 [Final Season] Update: Jon Hamm Talks About Surprises And Things Looking Up
- Nina Dobrev Moves On From Ian Somerhalder: ‘TVD’ Actress Trying To Reconcile With Ex, ‘DWTS’ Star Derek Hough—Report Suggests
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Casting: Brothel Guard, Military Officer And More
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1