Robin Sachs Dead at 61: Buffy Fans Say Goodbye to Ethan Rayne
By Gilda Galang | February 7, 2013 12:53 PM EST
Respected British actor Robin Sachs, who has been recently known as the character of Zaeed Massani in acclaimed Mass Effect 2 and 3, has passed away at 61 in his Los Angeles home.
According to Venture Beat, there has been no announcement on the official cause of death of the actor.
Many fans of Joss Whedon's hit TV series Buffy the Vampire Slayer will remember Sachs as the archenemy of the Scooby Gang, as well as rival and old mate of Rupert Giles
The Wrap reports that Sach's official website has announced his death with the message, "Please join us in raising a glass to Robin-goodbye, dear friend. Thank you for all the laughter and the cookies. We will miss you so very much."
Sach has also played roles in movies including Ocean's Eleven and The Lost World: Jurassic Park. He has also donned another evil role as General Sarris, alongside Tim Allen in Galaxy Quest.
However, the evil roles are far from Sach's real self. According to BBC, he was called a wonderful person and a very talented actor by ex-wife Casey Defranco.
A versatile actor through and through, Sachs has also played roles in hit TV series such as NCIS, Alias, Star Trek: Voyager, Baywatch Nights, and Torchwood, as well as lend voice to programs including Spongebob Squarepants and Castle.
Video game fans will also miss Sachs, as he has covered video gaming roles in his career. He has been the voice of Ataman and Ivan Judanovich in Resident Evil: Damnation, Xolotl in Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom, Seneschal Varel in Dragon Age: Origins - Awakening, and Admiral Saul Karath in Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic.
According to Sky News, friends and fans have also paid their respects to the actor. Members of Whedonesque, a weblog devoted to everything about Joss Whedon also show their grief as well as commemorate the actor's life and career.
As parting words for the actor on Whedonesque, "He was an amazing and wonderful man and we are all heartbroken. Please raise a glass and toast to the life and career of the wonderful Robin Sachs."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- The Big Bang Theory: Mayim Bialik Talks about Sheldon, Amy Kiss in Season 7 [KISS VIDEO]
- Queen Elizabeth and Kate Middleton Clash Again: Duchess Scared of Difficult Pregnancy, Adopting Second 'Royal' Baby - Reports
- True Blood Spoilers: Alcide Killed because Season 7 is Bill, Sookie’s Season
- The Bold and the Beautiful Spoilers for July 31, 2014: Plans, Conditions and Ultimatums in B&B [WATCH VIDEO]
- Supernatural Season 10 Spoilers: Metatron Capable of Saving Castiel's Fading Grace
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- 2014 Ebola Outbreak: ‘Out of control… and Can Get Worse'; Asky Airline Stops Flying to Liberia, Sierra Leone; Liberia Closes Schools