Samsung to Unwrap Galaxy S4 on March 15; Aussies Will Get the Android Phone May or June
By Erik Pineda | February 7, 2013 11:01 AM EST
Samsung's Galaxy S4 will be introduced a bit earlier, likely on March 15 then the commercial release will follow on the first week of April, according to new reports by Samsung-centric blog site SamMobile.
The same report also claimed that Samsung has scuttled its earlier plan of unwrapping the Galaxy S4 on March 22, opting instead to unveil its new flagship smartphone via a news conference to be held seven days earlier.
Media invites for the event will be sent out right after the 2013 Mobile World Congress in Barcelona but the venue for the Galaxy S4 debut remains a mystery, SamMobile said.
Citing its unnamed sources, SamMobile provided details for the S4's global rollout, in which the handset will first reach selected markets in Europe following the launch then the rest of the continent will follow along with Asia.
By the end of April, it is expected that consumers from the two continents will have full access on the new powerful smartphone, reported to be energised by a 1.8GHz eight-core Exynos 5 Octa processor with 2GB of RAM.
Australia is scheduled to receive Galaxy S4 shipments around May and June, SamMobile said, adding that Aussies will simultaneously enjoy the new JellyBean 4.2.1 phone with North American and African buyers.
It appears too that Samsung has fully worked up the Galaxy S4 launch and to follow shortly after the device's revelation is the entry of accessories for the high-end smartphone.
For full Galaxy experience, Samsung is unleashing the following at around the same time the Galaxy S4 is hitting store shelves in April: Clear Cover, Flip Cover, Protective Cover, Pouch, Extra Battery Kit, Wireless Charging Kit, HDTV Adapter and Headset.
Samsung's Galaxy S4 is widely reported to pack all the essentials that will allow the new handset to eclipse the over 40 million units so far shipped out by its predecessor, the Galaxy S3.
Come launch time, the S4 will roughly flex these specs: Mali-T658 (8-Core) GPU, 4.99″ Super AMOLED Full HD Resolution Display, 13MP Rear facing camera capable of shooting 1080p Full HD videos and 2MP front facing camera capable of shooting 720p HD videos.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
Join the Conversation
- Australian Federal Court Fines Reebok $350,000 & Orders Refunds For Shoe Endorsed By Miranda Kerr That Claims Unproven Health Benefits
- Tesco Facing Crisis After Chairman Quits Citing Accounting Scandal In The Retail Giant
- Sydney Software Firm Bigcommerce Teams Up With Alibaba To Beat Amazon
- Perth Call Centre Staff Bad In English And Not Philippine And Indian Counterparts, Telstra Boss Says
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’