Samsung to Unwrap Galaxy S4 on March 15; Aussies Will Get the Android Phone May or June
By Erik Pineda | February 7, 2013 11:01 AM EST
Samsung's Galaxy S4 will be introduced a bit earlier, likely on March 15 then the commercial release will follow on the first week of April, according to new reports by Samsung-centric blog site SamMobile.
The same report also claimed that Samsung has scuttled its earlier plan of unwrapping the Galaxy S4 on March 22, opting instead to unveil its new flagship smartphone via a news conference to be held seven days earlier.
Media invites for the event will be sent out right after the 2013 Mobile World Congress in Barcelona but the venue for the Galaxy S4 debut remains a mystery, SamMobile said.
Citing its unnamed sources, SamMobile provided details for the S4's global rollout, in which the handset will first reach selected markets in Europe following the launch then the rest of the continent will follow along with Asia.
By the end of April, it is expected that consumers from the two continents will have full access on the new powerful smartphone, reported to be energised by a 1.8GHz eight-core Exynos 5 Octa processor with 2GB of RAM.
Australia is scheduled to receive Galaxy S4 shipments around May and June, SamMobile said, adding that Aussies will simultaneously enjoy the new JellyBean 4.2.1 phone with North American and African buyers.
It appears too that Samsung has fully worked up the Galaxy S4 launch and to follow shortly after the device's revelation is the entry of accessories for the high-end smartphone.
For full Galaxy experience, Samsung is unleashing the following at around the same time the Galaxy S4 is hitting store shelves in April: Clear Cover, Flip Cover, Protective Cover, Pouch, Extra Battery Kit, Wireless Charging Kit, HDTV Adapter and Headset.
Samsung's Galaxy S4 is widely reported to pack all the essentials that will allow the new handset to eclipse the over 40 million units so far shipped out by its predecessor, the Galaxy S3.
Come launch time, the S4 will roughly flex these specs: Mali-T658 (8-Core) GPU, 4.99″ Super AMOLED Full HD Resolution Display, 13MP Rear facing camera capable of shooting 1080p Full HD videos and 2MP front facing camera capable of shooting 720p HD videos.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- California Fruits Recalled in USA and Canada for Possible Listeria Contamination
- Malaysian Airlines Flight 17: Air Carrier Losing $1.6 Million/Day; Crisis Management Experts Suggest Hiring Risk Expert as CEO
- The IBM and Apple Merger: Will it Spell Trouble to Rival Companies
- CBA, NAB, Westpac in Fixed Rate War Offering Below 5% Interest
- Radio Australia Cuts to Affect Isolated Vanuatu Residents Who Rely on It for Weather Bulletins
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales