Samsung to Unwrap Galaxy S4 on March 15; Aussies Will Get the Android Phone May or June
By Erik Pineda | February 7, 2013 11:01 AM EST
Samsung's Galaxy S4 will be introduced a bit earlier, likely on March 15 then the commercial release will follow on the first week of April, according to new reports by Samsung-centric blog site SamMobile.
The same report also claimed that Samsung has scuttled its earlier plan of unwrapping the Galaxy S4 on March 22, opting instead to unveil its new flagship smartphone via a news conference to be held seven days earlier.
Media invites for the event will be sent out right after the 2013 Mobile World Congress in Barcelona but the venue for the Galaxy S4 debut remains a mystery, SamMobile said.
Citing its unnamed sources, SamMobile provided details for the S4's global rollout, in which the handset will first reach selected markets in Europe following the launch then the rest of the continent will follow along with Asia.
By the end of April, it is expected that consumers from the two continents will have full access on the new powerful smartphone, reported to be energised by a 1.8GHz eight-core Exynos 5 Octa processor with 2GB of RAM.
Australia is scheduled to receive Galaxy S4 shipments around May and June, SamMobile said, adding that Aussies will simultaneously enjoy the new JellyBean 4.2.1 phone with North American and African buyers.
It appears too that Samsung has fully worked up the Galaxy S4 launch and to follow shortly after the device's revelation is the entry of accessories for the high-end smartphone.
For full Galaxy experience, Samsung is unleashing the following at around the same time the Galaxy S4 is hitting store shelves in April: Clear Cover, Flip Cover, Protective Cover, Pouch, Extra Battery Kit, Wireless Charging Kit, HDTV Adapter and Headset.
Samsung's Galaxy S4 is widely reported to pack all the essentials that will allow the new handset to eclipse the over 40 million units so far shipped out by its predecessor, the Galaxy S3.
Come launch time, the S4 will roughly flex these specs: Mali-T658 (8-Core) GPU, 4.99″ Super AMOLED Full HD Resolution Display, 13MP Rear facing camera capable of shooting 1080p Full HD videos and 2MP front facing camera capable of shooting 720p HD videos.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Cavaliers, LeBron James Flop In First Game Back In Cleveland; New York Knicks, Melo Pull Off Road Upset, 95-90 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Apple CEO Tim Cook Coming Out Gay Defies Corporate Norm: Tech Execs Applaud Inspiring Essay
- Bombshell, Shocking And Wild Read: Jefferies & Co. Sage Kelly Forces Wife To Have Sex With Clients For A Deal
- Russia Succeeds Where US Fails: ISS NASA Antares Rocket Explosion Meant to Happen; Russia Successfully Launches Cargo Ship
- The Cost Of Getting Infected With Ebola
- Walmart Sells ‘Fat Girl Costumes’ for Halloween
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge To Be Available Through T-Mobile In The US
- Five Extreme Drop Tests On BlackBerry Passport Reveals Its Endurance [Watch Video]
- Updated iOS 8 Pangu Untethered Jailbreak Now Fully Works with Cydia: Key Fixes & Mods to Expect
- Ex-Ohio Trooper Pleads Guilty To Issuing Sex as Penalty To Women Motorists