Samsung to Unwrap Galaxy S4 on March 15; Aussies Will Get the Android Phone May or June
By Erik Pineda | February 7, 2013 11:01 AM EST
Samsung's Galaxy S4 will be introduced a bit earlier, likely on March 15 then the commercial release will follow on the first week of April, according to new reports by Samsung-centric blog site SamMobile.
The same report also claimed that Samsung has scuttled its earlier plan of unwrapping the Galaxy S4 on March 22, opting instead to unveil its new flagship smartphone via a news conference to be held seven days earlier.
Media invites for the event will be sent out right after the 2013 Mobile World Congress in Barcelona but the venue for the Galaxy S4 debut remains a mystery, SamMobile said.
Citing its unnamed sources, SamMobile provided details for the S4's global rollout, in which the handset will first reach selected markets in Europe following the launch then the rest of the continent will follow along with Asia.
By the end of April, it is expected that consumers from the two continents will have full access on the new powerful smartphone, reported to be energised by a 1.8GHz eight-core Exynos 5 Octa processor with 2GB of RAM.
Australia is scheduled to receive Galaxy S4 shipments around May and June, SamMobile said, adding that Aussies will simultaneously enjoy the new JellyBean 4.2.1 phone with North American and African buyers.
It appears too that Samsung has fully worked up the Galaxy S4 launch and to follow shortly after the device's revelation is the entry of accessories for the high-end smartphone.
For full Galaxy experience, Samsung is unleashing the following at around the same time the Galaxy S4 is hitting store shelves in April: Clear Cover, Flip Cover, Protective Cover, Pouch, Extra Battery Kit, Wireless Charging Kit, HDTV Adapter and Headset.
Samsung's Galaxy S4 is widely reported to pack all the essentials that will allow the new handset to eclipse the over 40 million units so far shipped out by its predecessor, the Galaxy S3.
Come launch time, the S4 will roughly flex these specs: Mali-T658 (8-Core) GPU, 4.99″ Super AMOLED Full HD Resolution Display, 13MP Rear facing camera capable of shooting 1080p Full HD videos and 2MP front facing camera capable of shooting 720p HD videos.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Apple Inc (AAPL) Stock Rises Again Despite Bendgate, iOS 8 Bugs; Samsung Stock At Two-Year Low
- Hong Kong Protests Cause Closure Of Banks & Instagram Outages In China
- Federal Court Orders Coles To Hang Signs For 3 Months That It Passed Off Par-Baked Bread As Fresh From The Oven
- Ello Pegged As The Anti-Facebook Social Network
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Boxing News 2014: Social Media War Between Boxers Continues As Pacquiao Repeats Comment That Mayweather Acts Like Uneducated Person, While Ignoring ‘Miss Pac Man’ Post
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate