Russian Flight Attendant Tatiana Kozlenko Fired For Giving The Finger To A Plane Full Of Passengers
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | February 7, 2013 10:19 AM EST
Russian flight attendant Tatiana Kozlenko was recently fired after an old photo came out of her giving the finger to a plane full of passengers.
Kozlenko, who worked for Aeroflot, posted the photo on the Russian social networking site Vkontakte and found herself without a job after the depiction of her giving the finger went viral, according to the Huffington Post.
Though the photo of Kozlenko’s finger was first posted in October 2011, it only went viral within the last few weeks after the Russian blogger Ilya Varlamov picked up on the story. The photo and the picture of Kozlenko were soon posted all around Twitter, becoming something of a sensation in Russia.
Before long, the photo came to the attention of Aeroflot’s management, which reacted by swiftly firing Kozlenko. Aeroflot announced the firing publicly on Twitter.
"Posting this photo shows Tatiana’s attitude towards passengers and her duties. She acknowledged her fault when she spoke to her managers,” read a translation of Aeroflot’s official Twitter account, according to RT.
While Aeroflot claims that Kozlenko “acknowledged her fault” when she was fired, Kozlenko is insisting that it wasn’t her finger or her company’s airplane in the offending picture. She claims that she only tagged herself in the picture as a joke to express her frustrations.
“I don’t consider myself guilty! The photo was added to my page, I only tagged myself on it!!!” Kozlenko wrote on her personal Vkontakte page, according to The Sun. “The hand isn’t mine, the plane is not my company’s!!! I don’t understand what they spoil my life for!!! I’m asking you for help and support!!!”
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- The Burka Avenger Educates Children While Fighting For Girls' Education Rights In New Pakistan TV Show
- Christopher Walken To Play Mob Boss In Film Adaptation Of Four Seasons Musical 'Jersey Boys'
- William Cantrell Mistakes Human Ashes For Cocaine, May Have Snorted Remains
- Giant Alligator Eats 80-Pound Dog In North Carolina, Gator May Still Be Alive
- Steve McQueen's Last Ride, 1952 Custom Chevy Pickup Truck, Hits The Auction Block
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- Canada’s Official ISIS Mission Starts On Weekend; Kuwait Uneasy