Gold Set For A Break-Out?
February 7, 2013 10:13 AM EST
Gold looks to be in tight range; it feels as if it is been torn between those looking for the inflation hedge and continuing CB activity against those expecting it to come under pressure as a result of "risk" coming off the table. This tension seems to have provided a very narrow trading range for the metal. However we do expect a break soon. The key will be on the direction. Technically, at the moment we feel it is working its way into an ascending wedge, which traditionally suggests a break to the topside. Keep an eye on US1690 as this we feel is good resistance and break here should send it higher. We are also keeping a close eye on silver as it is outpacing the gold market at the moment. This has been a trend we have had been following since last December. The Gold-Silver ratio has come in from US55 to US52, which has been supporting our trade.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Real Life ‘Frozen’: Snow Overwhelms The US, Kills 7; More To Come (Pictures)
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt in Sydney for ‘Unbroken’ Red Carpet Premiere [PHOTOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
- G20 Summit Awkward Moments: Putin Yawns, Mystery Bubbles Appear, F18 Drama Ensues
Join the Conversation
- Walmart Early Price Matching Special Event On Nov. 21, 2014 Matches Its Competitors' Black Friday 2014 Prices And Includes Exclusive Deals For Samsung LED HDTVs And iPad Air 2 [WATCH VIDEO]
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- Nexus 6 Release Date And Price Under AT&T, T-Mobile And Sprint Listed
- 6 Big Reasons iPhone 6 Plus is Must-Have Black Friday, Christmas 2014 Buy
- NATO To Russia: 'Pull Back Your Troops'
- Cold War 2: Russia, China And North Korea’s Blacklisted Company Fortify Alliance -- Reports