Gold Set For A Break-Out?
February 7, 2013 10:13 AM EST
Gold looks to be in tight range; it feels as if it is been torn between those looking for the inflation hedge and continuing CB activity against those expecting it to come under pressure as a result of "risk" coming off the table. This tension seems to have provided a very narrow trading range for the metal. However we do expect a break soon. The key will be on the direction. Technically, at the moment we feel it is working its way into an ascending wedge, which traditionally suggests a break to the topside. Keep an eye on US1690 as this we feel is good resistance and break here should send it higher. We are also keeping a close eye on silver as it is outpacing the gold market at the moment. This has been a trend we have had been following since last December. The Gold-Silver ratio has come in from US55 to US52, which has been supporting our trade.
Join the Conversation
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3