Gold Set For A Break-Out?
February 7, 2013 10:13 AM EST
Gold looks to be in tight range; it feels as if it is been torn between those looking for the inflation hedge and continuing CB activity against those expecting it to come under pressure as a result of "risk" coming off the table. This tension seems to have provided a very narrow trading range for the metal. However we do expect a break soon. The key will be on the direction. Technically, at the moment we feel it is working its way into an ascending wedge, which traditionally suggests a break to the topside. Keep an eye on US1690 as this we feel is good resistance and break here should send it higher. We are also keeping a close eye on silver as it is outpacing the gold market at the moment. This has been a trend we have had been following since last December. The Gold-Silver ratio has come in from US55 to US52, which has been supporting our trade.
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report