Miami Heat - Houston Rockets Preview: Where To Watch Jeremy Lin Vs. LeBron James Live Online
February 7, 2013 8:55 AM EST
On Wednesday night, two of the most exciting teams in the NBA are set to face off, as the Miami Heat will host Houston Rockets.
For much of the season, Miami has held the best record in the East. They lead the New York Knicks by a half game with their 31-14 record.
The Heat are led by LeBron James, who is playing as well as any team in the league. No one does a better job of filling up the box score, as the three-time MVP is averaging 26 points, eight rebounds and seven assists per game. He leads Miami in all of those major categories.
James’ previous game may have been his best of the season. He came two rebounds and two assists short of a triple-double, while making 13 of his 14 field goal attempts.
Jeremy Lin may have also had his best performance in his last game. The Rockets point guard scored 28 points and dished out nine assists in a record-tying performance by Houston. The Rockets defeated the Golden State Warriors 140 to 109, and hit 23 three-pointers in the process. Lin hit five shots from behind the arc to help tie the all-time record for an NBA team.
The 140 points may have been an aberration for Houston, but the club consistently surpasses the century mark. The Rockets are second in the league, putting up 105.8 points per contest. Their offensive firepower has propelled them to the eight seed in the West with a 27-23 record.
The game is very important for both teams. A loss could knock Miami out of the top spot in the East and a defeat for Houston could leave them on the outside of the playoff race. New York plays the Washington Wizards on Wednesday, who are 23 games under .500. The Portland Trail Blazers play the 20-28 Dallas Mavericks. They sit one game behind the Rockets, but hold the tiebreaker.
Miami won the only meeting between the two teams in the 2012-2013 season. James scored 38 points, and Chris Bosh and Dwyane Wade combined for 43 in a 113-110 victory.
Lin’s struggles against the defending champions continued that night. He scored just nine points on 3-8 shooting. The point guard had his worst game with the Knicks in 2012 against the Heat. He made one of his 11 shot attempts and turned the ball over eight times.
With the game at AmericanAirlines Arena, the Heat are expected to sweep their season series with the Rockets. Miami is an eight-point favorite, in large part due to their 19-3 home record.
The game is set to tip off at 7:30 p.m. ET. Viewers can watch a live stream of the contest online by purchasing NBA League Pass Broadband.
Prediction: In their last matchup, Miami was able to contain both Lin and James Harden, who went 6-17 from the field. Houston allows 102.7 points per game, and won’t be able to slow down James enough to get the win.
Predicted Score: Miami 115, Houston 104
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Top Secret Wedding Tramps Jennifer Aniston’s ‘Friends’ Reunion & Pregnancy Talks [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- UFC News: Ronda Rousey To Avenge Teammates, Demands Bethe Correia
- FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: Argentina vs. Philippines Preview, Starting Lineups
- Kate Upton And BF Justin Verlander Nude Photo Leaked; Verlander Instantly Became An Internet Meme Sensation
- Grigor Dimitrov Shares Fashion Tips With Maria Sharapova
- FIBA World Cup 2014: Puerto Rico vs. Greece Live Streaming, Betting Odds and Preview
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display
- HTC One M8 for Windows Vs. Nokia Lumia Icon, The Battle Of Windows Phones