Grammy Awards 2013: CBS Issues 'Wardrobe Advisory' To Performers, Nominees And Red Carpet Attendees [FULL TEXT]
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | February 7, 2013 7:31 AM EST
CBS is apparently taking every precaution to avoid any wardrobe malfunctions that might take place on the red carpet at this Sunday’s 2013 Grammy Awards.
A “Wardrobe Advisory” email from CBS’s Standards & Practices department that was sent to representatives of celebrities who are scheduled to appear at Sunday’s red carpet broadcast has surfaced, and it warns the A-lister’s to not take any chances with the FCC this year by wearing clothing that might be considered provocative.
“CBS Program Practices advises that all talent appearing on camera please adhere to Network policy concerning wardrobe.
“Please be sure that buttocks and female breasts are adequately covered. Thong type costumes are problematic. Please avoid exposing bare fleshy under curves of the buttocks and buttock crack. Bare sides or under curvature of the breasts is also problematic.
“Please avoid sheer see-through clothing that could possibly expose female breast nipples. Please be sure the genital region is adequately covered so that there is no visible “puffy” bare skin exposure.
“Please avoid commercial identification of actual brand name products on T-shirts. Foreign language on wardrobe will need to be cleared.
“OBSCENITY OR PARTIALLY SEEN OBSCENITY ON WARDROBE IS UNACCEPTABLE FOR BROADCAST. This as well, pertains to audience members that appear on camera. Finally, the network requests that any organized cause visibly spelled out on talent’s wardrobe be avoided. This would include lapel pins or any other form of accessory.”
If any event comes to mind as a result of the email, it would most definitely be Pink’s controversial nude bodysuit from the 2010 Grammy’s. The singer’s performance in the flesh-colored bodysuit had many critics talking in the days following the awards.
Furthermore, while many celebrities who walk red carpets have been known to wear the recognizable symbol for the American Breast Cancer Foundation, it’s not clear on whether the figure, which does not contain a name, is admissible on the Grammy Awards 2013 red carpet.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 7 Spoilers: Gemma’s World Starts To Crumble in ‘Greensleeves’ [VIDEO]
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 5 Spoilers: Gibbs' Gut OKs FBI Agent Leia Pendergast; A Favorite Guest Star Returns [Watch NCIS 12x5 Promo Video]
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia