Grammy Awards 2013: CBS Issues 'Wardrobe Advisory' To Performers, Nominees And Red Carpet Attendees [FULL TEXT]
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | February 7, 2013 7:31 AM EST
CBS is apparently taking every precaution to avoid any wardrobe malfunctions that might take place on the red carpet at this Sunday’s 2013 Grammy Awards.
A “Wardrobe Advisory” email from CBS’s Standards & Practices department that was sent to representatives of celebrities who are scheduled to appear at Sunday’s red carpet broadcast has surfaced, and it warns the A-lister’s to not take any chances with the FCC this year by wearing clothing that might be considered provocative.
“CBS Program Practices advises that all talent appearing on camera please adhere to Network policy concerning wardrobe.
“Please be sure that buttocks and female breasts are adequately covered. Thong type costumes are problematic. Please avoid exposing bare fleshy under curves of the buttocks and buttock crack. Bare sides or under curvature of the breasts is also problematic.
“Please avoid sheer see-through clothing that could possibly expose female breast nipples. Please be sure the genital region is adequately covered so that there is no visible “puffy” bare skin exposure.
“Please avoid commercial identification of actual brand name products on T-shirts. Foreign language on wardrobe will need to be cleared.
“OBSCENITY OR PARTIALLY SEEN OBSCENITY ON WARDROBE IS UNACCEPTABLE FOR BROADCAST. This as well, pertains to audience members that appear on camera. Finally, the network requests that any organized cause visibly spelled out on talent’s wardrobe be avoided. This would include lapel pins or any other form of accessory.”
If any event comes to mind as a result of the email, it would most definitely be Pink’s controversial nude bodysuit from the 2010 Grammy’s. The singer’s performance in the flesh-colored bodysuit had many critics talking in the days following the awards.
Furthermore, while many celebrities who walk red carpets have been known to wear the recognizable symbol for the American Breast Cancer Foundation, it’s not clear on whether the figure, which does not contain a name, is admissible on the Grammy Awards 2013 red carpet.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Celebrities Who Were Victims of Rape: Psychological and Physical Effects of Rape
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kanye West, Ben Affleck, Serena Williams Are Victims Of Migraines: Ways To Tackle It
- Men’s Tennis’ Grand Slam Winners Of 2014 – Wawrinka, Nadal, Djokovic, and Cilic
Join the Conversation
- Joan Rivers Left $150 Million Legacy To Her Only Child, Care For Her Four Pooches Included In Her Will
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers For Sept. 15-19, 2014: Ava And Morgan Talk About The Baby
- Kendall Jenner Distances Self From The Kardashians, Prefers Kim Kardashian West To Be Absent In Her Modelling Shows
- Paul Walker's Daughter Paid Heart Touching Tribute To Her Father On His Birthday
- Kim Kardashian-West Frantically Tries For Second Baby To Match Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Timeline
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Android Lion vs Apple iOS 8: Why Make the Big Switch
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. OnePlus One – Can The Underdog Trump The Monster?
- US Government Threatened Yahoo to Provide User Data: If not Pay a Fine of $250,000 per day
- Optus Successfully Launches Optus 10 Satellite That Will Improve TV, Internet, Phone & Data Transmission In Australia
- 7 Reasons Why Atlassian Topped BRW’s Best Place To Work In Australia 2014 List
- Pope Francis Blasted For Defying Catholic Doctrine, Marries 20 Couples Who Have Cohabited And Had Children In No Else But St Peter's Basilica