Grammy Awards 2013: CBS Issues 'Wardrobe Advisory' To Performers, Nominees And Red Carpet Attendees [FULL TEXT]
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | February 7, 2013 7:31 AM EST
CBS is apparently taking every precaution to avoid any wardrobe malfunctions that might take place on the red carpet at this Sunday’s 2013 Grammy Awards.
A “Wardrobe Advisory” email from CBS’s Standards & Practices department that was sent to representatives of celebrities who are scheduled to appear at Sunday’s red carpet broadcast has surfaced, and it warns the A-lister’s to not take any chances with the FCC this year by wearing clothing that might be considered provocative.
“CBS Program Practices advises that all talent appearing on camera please adhere to Network policy concerning wardrobe.
“Please be sure that buttocks and female breasts are adequately covered. Thong type costumes are problematic. Please avoid exposing bare fleshy under curves of the buttocks and buttock crack. Bare sides or under curvature of the breasts is also problematic.
“Please avoid sheer see-through clothing that could possibly expose female breast nipples. Please be sure the genital region is adequately covered so that there is no visible “puffy” bare skin exposure.
“Please avoid commercial identification of actual brand name products on T-shirts. Foreign language on wardrobe will need to be cleared.
“OBSCENITY OR PARTIALLY SEEN OBSCENITY ON WARDROBE IS UNACCEPTABLE FOR BROADCAST. This as well, pertains to audience members that appear on camera. Finally, the network requests that any organized cause visibly spelled out on talent’s wardrobe be avoided. This would include lapel pins or any other form of accessory.”
If any event comes to mind as a result of the email, it would most definitely be Pink’s controversial nude bodysuit from the 2010 Grammy’s. The singer’s performance in the flesh-colored bodysuit had many critics talking in the days following the awards.
Furthermore, while many celebrities who walk red carpets have been known to wear the recognizable symbol for the American Breast Cancer Foundation, it’s not clear on whether the figure, which does not contain a name, is admissible on the Grammy Awards 2013 red carpet.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Orange is the New Black Season 3: Laura Prepon Hints Strain in Alex, Piper Relationship, New Actor Roped-in [Spoilers]
- The Big Bang Theory: Mayim Bialik Talks about Sheldon, Amy Kiss in Season 7 [KISS VIDEO]
- The Bachelor Update: Find Out if Juan Pablo and Nikki Ferrell Are Still With Each Other
- True Blood Spoilers: Alcide Killed because Season 7 is Bill, Sookie’s Season
- Rob Kardashian's Ex-Girlfriend Adrienne Bailon FInally Removes Cheating Reality Star's Name from Her Butt
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- 5 Food Scandals That Shocked The World
- Iran Leader Asks Muslims to Supply Arms to Palestine, Calls Israel ‘Rapacious Wolf’