Grammy Awards 2013: CBS Issues 'Wardrobe Advisory' To Performers, Nominees And Red Carpet Attendees [FULL TEXT]
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | February 7, 2013 7:31 AM EST
CBS is apparently taking every precaution to avoid any wardrobe malfunctions that might take place on the red carpet at this Sunday’s 2013 Grammy Awards.
A “Wardrobe Advisory” email from CBS’s Standards & Practices department that was sent to representatives of celebrities who are scheduled to appear at Sunday’s red carpet broadcast has surfaced, and it warns the A-lister’s to not take any chances with the FCC this year by wearing clothing that might be considered provocative.
“CBS Program Practices advises that all talent appearing on camera please adhere to Network policy concerning wardrobe.
“Please be sure that buttocks and female breasts are adequately covered. Thong type costumes are problematic. Please avoid exposing bare fleshy under curves of the buttocks and buttock crack. Bare sides or under curvature of the breasts is also problematic.
“Please avoid sheer see-through clothing that could possibly expose female breast nipples. Please be sure the genital region is adequately covered so that there is no visible “puffy” bare skin exposure.
“Please avoid commercial identification of actual brand name products on T-shirts. Foreign language on wardrobe will need to be cleared.
“OBSCENITY OR PARTIALLY SEEN OBSCENITY ON WARDROBE IS UNACCEPTABLE FOR BROADCAST. This as well, pertains to audience members that appear on camera. Finally, the network requests that any organized cause visibly spelled out on talent’s wardrobe be avoided. This would include lapel pins or any other form of accessory.”
If any event comes to mind as a result of the email, it would most definitely be Pink’s controversial nude bodysuit from the 2010 Grammy’s. The singer’s performance in the flesh-colored bodysuit had many critics talking in the days following the awards.
Furthermore, while many celebrities who walk red carpets have been known to wear the recognizable symbol for the American Breast Cancer Foundation, it’s not clear on whether the figure, which does not contain a name, is admissible on the Grammy Awards 2013 red carpet.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories