Grammy Awards 2013: CBS Issues 'Wardrobe Advisory' To Performers, Nominees And Red Carpet Attendees [FULL TEXT]
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | February 7, 2013 7:31 AM EST
CBS is apparently taking every precaution to avoid any wardrobe malfunctions that might take place on the red carpet at this Sunday’s 2013 Grammy Awards.
A “Wardrobe Advisory” email from CBS’s Standards & Practices department that was sent to representatives of celebrities who are scheduled to appear at Sunday’s red carpet broadcast has surfaced, and it warns the A-lister’s to not take any chances with the FCC this year by wearing clothing that might be considered provocative.
“CBS Program Practices advises that all talent appearing on camera please adhere to Network policy concerning wardrobe.
“Please be sure that buttocks and female breasts are adequately covered. Thong type costumes are problematic. Please avoid exposing bare fleshy under curves of the buttocks and buttock crack. Bare sides or under curvature of the breasts is also problematic.
“Please avoid sheer see-through clothing that could possibly expose female breast nipples. Please be sure the genital region is adequately covered so that there is no visible “puffy” bare skin exposure.
“Please avoid commercial identification of actual brand name products on T-shirts. Foreign language on wardrobe will need to be cleared.
“OBSCENITY OR PARTIALLY SEEN OBSCENITY ON WARDROBE IS UNACCEPTABLE FOR BROADCAST. This as well, pertains to audience members that appear on camera. Finally, the network requests that any organized cause visibly spelled out on talent’s wardrobe be avoided. This would include lapel pins or any other form of accessory.”
If any event comes to mind as a result of the email, it would most definitely be Pink’s controversial nude bodysuit from the 2010 Grammy’s. The singer’s performance in the flesh-colored bodysuit had many critics talking in the days following the awards.
Furthermore, while many celebrities who walk red carpets have been known to wear the recognizable symbol for the American Breast Cancer Foundation, it’s not clear on whether the figure, which does not contain a name, is admissible on the Grammy Awards 2013 red carpet.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Jennifer Lawrence’s Nude Photos and Videos Leaked by 4Chan Hacker; Ariana Grande, Lea Michele, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Kate Upton’s Also Included
- Celebrities’ Leaked Nude Photos: Master-List Printed, Selena Gomez, Kim Kardashian, Kate Upton, Jennifer Lawrence, Kaley Cuoco, Rihanna, More Names On It
- Nude Photos Leaked: Mary Elizabeth Winstead Says Nude Photos Hers, Faces Backlash, Takes Twitter Break
- ‘The Leftovers’: Episode 10 On Hold, Renewed For Season 2, Season 1 Finale Synopsis And Preview [VIDEO]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans