VIDEO Spain 3-1 Uruguay Highlights: Pedro's Two Goals Power Spain's Victory
February 7, 2013 7:14 AM EST
Two second half goals by forward Pedro clinched Spain’s 3-1 victory over Uruguay Wednesday at Khalifa International Stadium.
The Spanish side came out of the second half firing in the international friendly, with Gerard Pique recovering a Jordi Alba corner to assist Pedro’s first goal in the 51st minute.
Forward Cesc Fabregas assisted Pedro on his second goal in the 74th minute. Pedro now has six international goals this season, all in friendlies, to lead his team. With the game in hand, Alvaro Negredo came in for Pedro shortly after his second goal.
Fabregas netted the match’s first goal in the 16th with an assist from Juan Mata.
At the 32nd minute, Uruguay’s Cristian Rodriguez recorded his club’s only goal to knot the game at 1-1 heading into halftime.
Spain was in control for much of the match, with six shots on goal and a possession time of 68 percent.
Spain hasn’t lost a friendly since Nov. 12 of last year, when they fell to England 1-0 in an away match at Wembley.
The highlights can be found below:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Tony Stewart Reveals Retirement Not In Options, Reflects On His Life After the Fatal Crash
- Sugar Ray Leonard Adds Fuel To Pacquiao-Mayweather Clamour
- WWE Update: Bray Wyatt’s Twitter Post Hints Upcoming Fight With Sting [VIDEO]
- Rafael Nadal Gives Li Na Flowers, A Teary Farewell At Beijing China Open
- Muslim NFL Player Husain Abdullah Penalised For Praying After Touchdown
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Apple iPhone 6 vs. OnePlus One: With Invitation-Only Model Rested, OnePlus One Can Be A Real Threat To iPhone 6
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- Samsung Aware Of Gap Issue On Galaxy Note 4, Mentions It As Important Manufacturing Feature In Note 4 User Manual
- ISIS Supporters are Walking Among the Many in the United States – Report
- Airstrikes Against ISIS Has Claimed Innocent Lives In Syria, Dubbed ‘Ineffective’ By Jihadi Fighters, US Military To Ask For More Spending Money