VIDEO Spain 3-1 Uruguay Highlights: Pedro's Two Goals Power Spain's Victory
February 7, 2013 7:14 AM EST
Two second half goals by forward Pedro clinched Spain’s 3-1 victory over Uruguay Wednesday at Khalifa International Stadium.
The Spanish side came out of the second half firing in the international friendly, with Gerard Pique recovering a Jordi Alba corner to assist Pedro’s first goal in the 51st minute.
Forward Cesc Fabregas assisted Pedro on his second goal in the 74th minute. Pedro now has six international goals this season, all in friendlies, to lead his team. With the game in hand, Alvaro Negredo came in for Pedro shortly after his second goal.
Fabregas netted the match’s first goal in the 16th with an assist from Juan Mata.
At the 32nd minute, Uruguay’s Cristian Rodriguez recorded his club’s only goal to knot the game at 1-1 heading into halftime.
Spain was in control for much of the match, with six shots on goal and a possession time of 68 percent.
Spain hasn’t lost a friendly since Nov. 12 of last year, when they fell to England 1-0 in an away match at Wembley.
The highlights can be found below:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Fight Won't Happen As Long As Bob Arum Is Involved, Says Pacquiao's Former Conditioning Coach
- MMA News: Transgender Fighter Fallon Fox Challenges Ronda Rousey, Fires Back on ‘Ignorant’ Comments
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Points Out Amir Khan's Poor Boxing Record
- WWE News: CM Punk Merchandise Pulled From Stands, Punk Chasing Royalties For WWE 2K15 Inclusion [VIDEO]
- Floyd Mayweather Admits Marcos Maidana’s Power Shot Hurt Him [VIDEO]
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Galaxy Note 4 vs iPhone 6 Plus: Better Performing Display and Best Overall Screen
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Samsung Galaxy S5: Battle of the Samsung Flagship Smartphones
- Apple iPad Air 2, OS X Yosemite Release Date Set For October, While iPad Mini 3 With Retina Headed For 2015 Release
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Purported Xiaomi Redmi Note Successor Powered With Monstrous Processor Under Wraps, Will Take On Meizu MX4