Pregnant 9-Year-Old Gives Birth In Mexico: 17-Year-Old Father Runs Away
By Amethyst Tate | February 7, 2013 5:43 AM EST
A nine-year old girl gave birth last month in Mexico, and authorities are looking to prosecute the boy who impregnated her.
The young girl was “just over eight when she got pregnant,” her mother, identified as Dafne, told authorities in Jalisco state, according to the Indian Express.
“The father is a boy who is 17, but we have not found him, since he ran away," she went on to say.
The pregnant nine-year-old gave birth in Zoquipan Hospital to a 5.9 pound baby, and was released from the hospital recently.
"We are looking for the young man to get his story because she does not understand what has happened,” said Jorge Villasenor of the state prosecutors' office.
“This is a rape or child sex abuse case."
This is not the first time a young child giving birth has made headlines. Back in 2010, The Huffington Post reported that another nine-year-old gave birth to a boy in north-east China. The unidentified father was sought after, as sex with a minor involves an automatic rape conviction.
Meanwhile, the young nine-year-old in Mexico is not the only shocking pregnancy story in the news recently.
ABC reports that Nancy Gonzalez, a corrections officer at the Metropolitan Detention Center in Sunset Park, Brooklyn, is now facing 15 years in prison for allegedly become pregnant by a convicted cop killer. It is illegal for guards to carry on sexual relations with inmates, primarily for security reasons.
The prison inmate, Ronell Wilson, is in prison for the 2003 murder of two NYPD detectives, who he executed, in Staten Island.
Gonzalez is eight months pregnant, the New York Times reports, after they began the affair in March 2012.
“I took a chance because I was so vulnerable and wanted to be loved and now I am carrying his child,” the prison guard said in a recorded phone call, the Times reported.
“Why not give him a child as far as giving him some kind of hope.”
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- The Burka Avenger Educates Children While Fighting For Girls' Education Rights In New Pakistan TV Show
- Christopher Walken To Play Mob Boss In Film Adaptation Of Four Seasons Musical 'Jersey Boys'
- William Cantrell Mistakes Human Ashes For Cocaine, May Have Snorted Remains
- Giant Alligator Eats 80-Pound Dog In North Carolina, Gator May Still Be Alive
- Steve McQueen's Last Ride, 1952 Custom Chevy Pickup Truck, Hits The Auction Block
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions