Superkid Striker Ready To Compete WIth Demba Ba For Chelsea Spot
By Vanessa Keller | February 7, 2013 3:42 AM EST
Romelu Lukaku claims he is aiming to become a legend at Chelsea, with the young striker planning on staying with the west London club for the long term, despite stern competition for a starting berth.
The Blues signed Demba Ba in the January transfer window to increase their attacking options, while Lukaku has so far starred for West Brom on loan this season.
And though the 19 year old will compete with Ba when he returns to Chelsea in the summer, Lukaku claims he is motivated by the competition.
"That's the thing when you play for Chelsea," he told Sky Sports. "They will always sign big players.
"So now it is up to me to show I can go over there and play and do the same as he does now."
Lukaku was purchased by Chelsea when Andre Villas-Boas was still managing the club but there hs been two managerial changeovers at the club since.
And despite the youngster facing an uphill battle as he makes his return to Stamford Bridge, the Belgium international says he has big plans to emulate the likes of Frank Lampard and John Terry by becoming a Chelsea legend.
"Yeah, that is the dream. That's what I signed for Chelsea for," he explained.
"My aim is to play at the Bridge and to be a legend over there in the future.
"But the time is going so really I need to keep playing. And hopefully in the next few years become one of the key elements at the Bridge."
In 27 appearances for West Brom this season, Lukaku has scored nine times, showing talent beyond his years as the teen looks to impress his host club.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Roger Federer Not That Good If Different Surfaces Were To Exist – Giles Simon
- Jeremy Lin Should Be Ready to Start for Los Angeles Lakers as Steve Nash Confirms Retirement
- Manchester United Transfer News: Arturo Vidal Leaving Juventus for the Red Devils Gaining Momentum
- Dan Bilzerian Opens Up to Howard Stern, Poker Pro Admits He Once Had Sex with 16 Women in 12 Days
- Ana Ivanovic Posts a Hot Selfie on Instagram after her San Francisco Photo-Shoot
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- 5 Food Scandals That Shocked The World