Superkid Striker Ready To Compete WIth Demba Ba For Chelsea Spot
By Vanessa Keller | February 7, 2013 3:42 AM EST
Romelu Lukaku claims he is aiming to become a legend at Chelsea, with the young striker planning on staying with the west London club for the long term, despite stern competition for a starting berth.
The Blues signed Demba Ba in the January transfer window to increase their attacking options, while Lukaku has so far starred for West Brom on loan this season.
And though the 19 year old will compete with Ba when he returns to Chelsea in the summer, Lukaku claims he is motivated by the competition.
"That's the thing when you play for Chelsea," he told Sky Sports. "They will always sign big players.
"So now it is up to me to show I can go over there and play and do the same as he does now."
Lukaku was purchased by Chelsea when Andre Villas-Boas was still managing the club but there hs been two managerial changeovers at the club since.
And despite the youngster facing an uphill battle as he makes his return to Stamford Bridge, the Belgium international says he has big plans to emulate the likes of Frank Lampard and John Terry by becoming a Chelsea legend.
"Yeah, that is the dream. That's what I signed for Chelsea for," he explained.
"My aim is to play at the Bridge and to be a legend over there in the future.
"But the time is going so really I need to keep playing. And hopefully in the next few years become one of the key elements at the Bridge."
In 27 appearances for West Brom this season, Lukaku has scored nine times, showing talent beyond his years as the teen looks to impress his host club.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- Rafael Nadal To Kick Off 2015 Season At The Mubadala World Tennis Championship, Undergoes Knee Treatment Prior Appendectomy
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery