The Energy Report - All Pumped Up With No Where To Go!
By Phil Flynn | February 7, 2013 1:08 AM EST
There were more pipeline and refinery problems leading to the likelihood of more crude oil back-ups and a renewed widening of the Brent/WTI Spread. RBOB popped as fears of a power outage at another refinery and expensive Bren t Crude based imports led to fears that the East Coast will have to continue to pay through the noise when they go fill up at the pump. Yet the American Petroleum Institute reports that crude supply surged by 3.62 million barrels .US oil is all pumped up but has nowhere to go.
Reuter's news reminds us that it is not just the "Seaway Pipeline" reductions that are adding to the crude glut. Magellan Midstream Partners LP's reversed Longhorn Pipeline will begin filling with crude oil in mid-March and reach its 225,000-barrel-per-day capacity in the third quarter, the company said on Tuesday. Magellan had said the ramp-up to full capacity would happen by the middle of the year. The reversed pipeline will ship West Texas crude oil to the U.S. Gulf Coast. Magellan said the line will carry 75,000 bpd by mid-April. The project will reverse flow of the Crane-to-Houston segment of Longhorn Pipeline, which had been used to carry refined products from Houston to El Paso, Texas. Crane, Texas, is near the oil-rich Midland area in West Texas, where crude production has been surging. The pipeline will send crude that had moved to the glutted U.S. crude futures hub at Cushing, Oklahoma, to Houston-area refineries, where it can fetch a higher price. Crude oil traders in the cash market have been expecting the pipeline to provide support to West Texas crude grades like West Texas Intermediate at Midland and West Texas Sour.
Reuters also reported that Sunoco Logistics Partners reported shut down of an intrastate pipeline on Monday near Breckenridge, Texas following a spill, according to a filing with national regulators. The release was secured and the leak was excavated and clamped, the filing with the U.S. National Response Center said. About 25 barrels of crude oil were spilled, the filing said. The Sunoco Logistics crude oil pipeline system consists of about 4,900 miles of crude oil trunk pipelines and 500 miles of crude oil gathering pipelines in the southwest and mid-west regions of the United States, according to its website. The Texas system is connected to the Mid-Valley pipeline, other third-party pipelines and its Nederland terminal, Texas .
Mid West Gas Pains may continue as well. BP Confirmed a report from Barbra Powell of Bloomberg when she reported back in December that the Whiting refinery upgrade will take much longer than originally expected! On the BP earning call yesterday BP "On the Whiting project, so, this is a project again, this is a structurally advantaged project to process heavy crude with a lot of flexibility there. The site construction as of this week so 84% complete at the end of the year it is now continues to move through well above 85% complete. The commissioning is on schedule. The second half of the year!!!!! The major crude unit outage started on schedule in early November and that will continue to be out until the middle of 2013. And I think for us, the whole commissioning process will take roughly 6 to 9 months with three of the major units starting in the sequence there. So, we do anticipate 2014 will be the first year we get the full benefits of it!!!
The Products led us because of this but the building stocks of crude should continue to weigh on oil led by West Texas. I expect that today's Energy Information Agency report should be very similar to the API.
In the meantime platinum and palladium continue to soar on shortage gears. Cocoa had a nice pop on Ivory Coast worries and sugar fell on fears of weakening European demand.
Natural gas turned up as the weather forecasts are getting colder by the minute. Longer term in the curve we are looking very good. OPEN YOUR PRICE FUTURES GROUP ACCOUNT TODAY! Just call Phil Flynn at 888-2654-5665 or email me at email@example.com Open a Trading Account in 15 minutes - Make Sure You Open Your Account Today! Don't Risk Losing the Trade Levels!
Here is the link to apply online: https://newaccount.admis.com/?office=269
Here is the PDF version: http://www.pricegroup.com/ADMIS/ADMIS%20Account%20Application.pdf
Join the Conversation
- Australian Stock Market Report – Midday November 26, 2014
- Experts Say Rio Tinto-Glencore Merger Is Inevitable; Iron Ore Price Drops Below $70
- Australian Stock Market Report – Morning November 26, 2014
- Global Markets Overview – November 26, 2014
- Australian Stock Market Report – Midday November 25, 2014
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- ISIS War: US Airstrikes Lead to Growing ISIS Support In Syria; Russia Questions Coalition's Policies
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]