Stock index futures point to slightly higher Wall Street open
February 6, 2013 9:42 PM EST
Stock index futures pointed to a slightly higher open on Wall Street on Wednesday, with futures for the S&P 500 up 0.1 percent at 5.06 a.m EST.
* Dow Jones futures added 0.3 percent while contracts on the Nasdaq 100 futures rose 0.2 percent.
* Media groups Time Warner Inc. and News Corp.
* Liberty Global
* Walt Disney Co
* Take-Two Interactive Software Inc
* Online gaming firm Zynga Inc
* Nasdaq OMX Group Inc
* Online photo-sharing service provider Shutterfly Inc's
* European stocks were a touch higher on Wednesday, with shares in the world's largest steelmaker, ArcelorMittal
* Japan's Nikkei average surged 3.8 percent to its highest close since October 2008 after the yen fell sharply on bets the early exit of the central bank governor would open the way for a successor who pursues aggressive monetary easing.
* The Dow Jones industrial average <.DJI> closed 99.22 points, or 0.71 percent, higher at 13,979.30 on Tuesday. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index <.SPX> was up 15.58 points, or 1.04 percent, at 1,511.29. The Nasdaq Composite Index <.IXIC> was up 40.41 points, or 1.29 percent, at 3,171.58.
(Reporting By Francesco Canepa; Editing by Susan Fenton)
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown