Stock index futures point to slightly higher Wall Street open
February 6, 2013 9:42 PM EST
Stock index futures pointed to a slightly higher open on Wall Street on Wednesday, with futures for the S&P 500 up 0.1 percent at 5.06 a.m EST.
* Dow Jones futures added 0.3 percent while contracts on the Nasdaq 100 futures rose 0.2 percent.
* Media groups Time Warner Inc. and News Corp.
* Liberty Global
* Walt Disney Co
* Take-Two Interactive Software Inc
* Online gaming firm Zynga Inc
* Nasdaq OMX Group Inc
* Online photo-sharing service provider Shutterfly Inc's
* European stocks were a touch higher on Wednesday, with shares in the world's largest steelmaker, ArcelorMittal
* Japan's Nikkei average surged 3.8 percent to its highest close since October 2008 after the yen fell sharply on bets the early exit of the central bank governor would open the way for a successor who pursues aggressive monetary easing.
* The Dow Jones industrial average <.DJI> closed 99.22 points, or 0.71 percent, higher at 13,979.30 on Tuesday. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index <.SPX> was up 15.58 points, or 1.04 percent, at 1,511.29. The Nasdaq Composite Index <.IXIC> was up 40.41 points, or 1.29 percent, at 3,171.58.
(Reporting By Francesco Canepa; Editing by Susan Fenton)
Join the Conversation
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- Cold War 2: Russia, China And North Korea’s Blacklisted Company Fortify Alliance -- Reports
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top 9 TV Deals Starting From $99 To $899