Stock index futures point to slightly higher Wall Street open
February 6, 2013 9:42 PM EST
Stock index futures pointed to a slightly higher open on Wall Street on Wednesday, with futures for the S&P 500 up 0.1 percent at 5.06 a.m EST.
* Dow Jones futures added 0.3 percent while contracts on the Nasdaq 100 futures rose 0.2 percent.
* Media groups Time Warner Inc. and News Corp.
* Liberty Global
* Walt Disney Co
* Take-Two Interactive Software Inc
* Online gaming firm Zynga Inc
* Nasdaq OMX Group Inc
* Online photo-sharing service provider Shutterfly Inc's
* European stocks were a touch higher on Wednesday, with shares in the world's largest steelmaker, ArcelorMittal
* Japan's Nikkei average surged 3.8 percent to its highest close since October 2008 after the yen fell sharply on bets the early exit of the central bank governor would open the way for a successor who pursues aggressive monetary easing.
* The Dow Jones industrial average <.DJI> closed 99.22 points, or 0.71 percent, higher at 13,979.30 on Tuesday. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index <.SPX> was up 15.58 points, or 1.04 percent, at 1,511.29. The Nasdaq Composite Index <.IXIC> was up 40.41 points, or 1.29 percent, at 3,171.58.
(Reporting By Francesco Canepa; Editing by Susan Fenton)
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change
- Best Black Friday 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More