Shah Rukh Khan to Deliver Lecture at Harvard University
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | February 6, 2013 7:14 PM EST
Bollywood actor Shah Rukh Khan has been invited to deliver a lecture to students of the prestigious Harvard University in March.
According to The Times of India, Shah Rukh is yet to confirm the dates for the lecture considering his busy schedule. Last year, the actor gave an impressive speech to students of another Ivy League institution, Yale University, where some scenes of his film "Kabhi Alvida Na Kehna" was shot.
"Representatives from Harvard University got in touch with Shah Rukh and asked him if he could spare some time from his busy schedule and deliver a lecture at their campus. However, SRK's work calendar is choc-a-bloc. He is about to re-start the "Chennai Express" shoot. Though he delivered a pretty impressive speech at Yale University last year (where he even got the Dean to shake a leg for him), the March trip to Harvard is on a more serious note that needs better preparation," a source told TOI.
"Since SRK is an economics graduate and has been in the business of making films and runs a successful VFX company as well, most likely he will speak to the students about the economics of filmmaking in the world's largest movie-making industry," added the source.
Despite his international status, Shah Rukh still has trouble with immigration officials at US airports. His visit to Yale last year was delayed by two hours after officials at the New York airport held him back for questioning.
A similar incident took place in 2009, when immigration officers at the Newark Airport in New Jersey detained the 47-year-old actor for about two hours after his last name appeared on computer screens as categorically suspicious.
Interestingly, the incident happened when he was in the country to promote "My Name Is Khan (and I am not a terrorist)", a heartfelt film which revolved around the 'Khan' identity on American soil and the trouble it invited post the 9/11 incident.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Kylie Jenner Shamed for Range Rover Boasts
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Vacation Plans: Visit Prince Charles & Camilla Parker-Bowles
- Queen Elizabeth and Kate Middleton Clash Again: Duchess Scared of Difficult Pregnancy, Adopting Second 'Royal' Baby - Reports
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy Exits DWTS For Jennifer Lopez --- Reports
- The Bold and the Beautiful Spoilers for July 31, 2014: Plans, Conditions and Ultimatums in B&B [WATCH VIDEO]
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- 2014 Ebola Outbreak: ‘Out of control… and Can Get Worse'; Asky Airline Stops Flying to Liberia, Sierra Leone; Liberia Closes Schools