Shah Rukh Khan to Deliver Lecture at Harvard University
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | February 6, 2013 7:14 PM EST
Bollywood actor Shah Rukh Khan has been invited to deliver a lecture to students of the prestigious Harvard University in March.
According to The Times of India, Shah Rukh is yet to confirm the dates for the lecture considering his busy schedule. Last year, the actor gave an impressive speech to students of another Ivy League institution, Yale University, where some scenes of his film "Kabhi Alvida Na Kehna" was shot.
"Representatives from Harvard University got in touch with Shah Rukh and asked him if he could spare some time from his busy schedule and deliver a lecture at their campus. However, SRK's work calendar is choc-a-bloc. He is about to re-start the "Chennai Express" shoot. Though he delivered a pretty impressive speech at Yale University last year (where he even got the Dean to shake a leg for him), the March trip to Harvard is on a more serious note that needs better preparation," a source told TOI.
"Since SRK is an economics graduate and has been in the business of making films and runs a successful VFX company as well, most likely he will speak to the students about the economics of filmmaking in the world's largest movie-making industry," added the source.
Despite his international status, Shah Rukh still has trouble with immigration officials at US airports. His visit to Yale last year was delayed by two hours after officials at the New York airport held him back for questioning.
A similar incident took place in 2009, when immigration officers at the Newark Airport in New Jersey detained the 47-year-old actor for about two hours after his last name appeared on computer screens as categorically suspicious.
Interestingly, the incident happened when he was in the country to promote "My Name Is Khan (and I am not a terrorist)", a heartfelt film which revolved around the 'Khan' identity on American soil and the trouble it invited post the 9/11 incident.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Kendall Jenner Rocks Semi-Nude Balmain Lattice Dress At Paris Fashion Week [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Nina Dobrev To Quit 'The Vampire Diaries' As She Feels 'Uneasy' Working With Ex Ian Somerhalder In Nikki Reed's Presence- Reports
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Premiere Questions: 'Frozen' Story Kicks Off, Queen Elsa vs Emma Swan vs The Evil Queen - New Story Unfolds [SPOILERS]
- ‘Batman vs. Superman’ Bruce Wayne May Be In Trouble In Leaked Video [Spoilers]
- Season 4 ‘American Horror Story-Freak Show’ Update: Introduction Of Twisty The Clown Is ‘Brutal’ [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson Is Not Proposing FKA Twigs Plus What Kristen Stewart Thinks About RPatz's New Romance- Reports
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate