Shah Rukh Khan to Deliver Lecture at Harvard University
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | February 6, 2013 7:14 PM EST
Bollywood actor Shah Rukh Khan has been invited to deliver a lecture to students of the prestigious Harvard University in March.
According to The Times of India, Shah Rukh is yet to confirm the dates for the lecture considering his busy schedule. Last year, the actor gave an impressive speech to students of another Ivy League institution, Yale University, where some scenes of his film "Kabhi Alvida Na Kehna" was shot.
"Representatives from Harvard University got in touch with Shah Rukh and asked him if he could spare some time from his busy schedule and deliver a lecture at their campus. However, SRK's work calendar is choc-a-bloc. He is about to re-start the "Chennai Express" shoot. Though he delivered a pretty impressive speech at Yale University last year (where he even got the Dean to shake a leg for him), the March trip to Harvard is on a more serious note that needs better preparation," a source told TOI.
"Since SRK is an economics graduate and has been in the business of making films and runs a successful VFX company as well, most likely he will speak to the students about the economics of filmmaking in the world's largest movie-making industry," added the source.
Despite his international status, Shah Rukh still has trouble with immigration officials at US airports. His visit to Yale last year was delayed by two hours after officials at the New York airport held him back for questioning.
A similar incident took place in 2009, when immigration officers at the Newark Airport in New Jersey detained the 47-year-old actor for about two hours after his last name appeared on computer screens as categorically suspicious.
Interestingly, the incident happened when he was in the country to promote "My Name Is Khan (and I am not a terrorist)", a heartfelt film which revolved around the 'Khan' identity on American soil and the trouble it invited post the 9/11 incident.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Grimes’ Group To Capture Cops In Episode 7 – ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Israel''s Al Aqsa and East Jerusalem Issues Threatening Its Multi Billion Gas Deal With Jordan
- Australia Ranks 11th In World Ultra Wealth Report As 175 Aussies Amass $440B In 2013