Japan, Brazil Listed Among Top 10 Emerging Destinations for Aussie Travellers
By Esther Tanquintic-Misa | February 6, 2013 6:26 PM EST
With the purchasing power of the Australian dollar going strong, Aussie folks may want to pause and plan where to do their overseas travel to experience their money's worth. They may actually be surprised that they can already afford to travel to Japan, Brazil, South Africa, Indonesia and Argentina.
"It's a great time to seize the moment and visit some of these destinations whilst the Aussie dollar can go further. But even before you exchange your Aussie dollars on ground, there are other ways you can ensure you get the best value all-round holiday with great deals on things such as flights and accommodation," Amee Evans, from Expedia Travel Expert, the world's largest online travel company, said.
With the Australian dollar zooming 15.52 per cent in the past 12 months versus the power of the yen, Japan by all means is a tempting choice to be included on the list of must-visit destinations.
And with retail prices still continuing to deliciously fall, the Australian dollar will stretch much further when on-ground in Japan than it does at the home front.
In releasing its top travel destinations based on the purchasing power of the Australian dollar set against other major currencies in the past 12 months, Expedia.com.au listed the following as top 10:
3. South Africa
6. Sri Lanka
9. Hong Kong
For Aussies who definitely want the best for their well-earned buck, it would be best to visit Japan in April and May to experience the full cherry blossoms.
Brazil, number two on the list, is a tempting destination because of next year's World Cup.
"Now that the country is gearing up for the 2014 World Cup, Brazil looks set to become a hot tourist spot in the coming months," Ms Evans said.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ebola Update: Death Toll Reaches 2,461; US$1B Is Needed To Fight It, Says UN
- BC Teachers’ Strike Reaches Tentative Deal With Government, Date of Class Resumptions Still Not Sure
- West Africa Ebola Epidemic To Last 12-18 Months More
- Security for Pope Francis' Albania Trip At Status Quo, Won’t Be Reinforced Despite ISIS Threat – Vatican
- Air France Pilots’ Strike: Only 40% of Scheduled Wednesday Flights Will Operate
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Canadian IS Jihadist Who Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers