Japan, Brazil Listed Among Top 10 Emerging Destinations for Aussie Travellers
By Esther Tanquintic-Misa | February 6, 2013 6:26 PM EST
With the purchasing power of the Australian dollar going strong, Aussie folks may want to pause and plan where to do their overseas travel to experience their money's worth. They may actually be surprised that they can already afford to travel to Japan, Brazil, South Africa, Indonesia and Argentina.
"It's a great time to seize the moment and visit some of these destinations whilst the Aussie dollar can go further. But even before you exchange your Aussie dollars on ground, there are other ways you can ensure you get the best value all-round holiday with great deals on things such as flights and accommodation," Amee Evans, from Expedia Travel Expert, the world's largest online travel company, said.
With the Australian dollar zooming 15.52 per cent in the past 12 months versus the power of the yen, Japan by all means is a tempting choice to be included on the list of must-visit destinations.
And with retail prices still continuing to deliciously fall, the Australian dollar will stretch much further when on-ground in Japan than it does at the home front.
In releasing its top travel destinations based on the purchasing power of the Australian dollar set against other major currencies in the past 12 months, Expedia.com.au listed the following as top 10:
3. South Africa
6. Sri Lanka
9. Hong Kong
For Aussies who definitely want the best for their well-earned buck, it would be best to visit Japan in April and May to experience the full cherry blossoms.
Brazil, number two on the list, is a tempting destination because of next year's World Cup.
"Now that the country is gearing up for the 2014 World Cup, Brazil looks set to become a hot tourist spot in the coming months," Ms Evans said.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Vatican 2014 Final Synod Report: Gays Still ‘Unwelcome’ in Catholic Church, LGBT Thankful for First Step
- New Zealand Losing $9.4 Billion Every Year to Fraud
- 5 Cities With The Highest Cost Of Living In 2014
- Ebola ‘Cruise Ship’: Holidaymakers Furious Organisers Hid the Truth About Dallas Health Care Worker
- Canada Conducts Practice Drill Of Ebola Rapid Response Teams, To Send Experimental VSV-BOV Vaccine To WHO
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage