Japan, Brazil Listed Among Top 10 Emerging Destinations for Aussie Travellers
By Esther Tanquintic-Misa | February 6, 2013 6:26 PM EST
With the purchasing power of the Australian dollar going strong, Aussie folks may want to pause and plan where to do their overseas travel to experience their money's worth. They may actually be surprised that they can already afford to travel to Japan, Brazil, South Africa, Indonesia and Argentina.
"It's a great time to seize the moment and visit some of these destinations whilst the Aussie dollar can go further. But even before you exchange your Aussie dollars on ground, there are other ways you can ensure you get the best value all-round holiday with great deals on things such as flights and accommodation," Amee Evans, from Expedia Travel Expert, the world's largest online travel company, said.
With the Australian dollar zooming 15.52 per cent in the past 12 months versus the power of the yen, Japan by all means is a tempting choice to be included on the list of must-visit destinations.
And with retail prices still continuing to deliciously fall, the Australian dollar will stretch much further when on-ground in Japan than it does at the home front.
In releasing its top travel destinations based on the purchasing power of the Australian dollar set against other major currencies in the past 12 months, Expedia.com.au listed the following as top 10:
3. South Africa
6. Sri Lanka
9. Hong Kong
For Aussies who definitely want the best for their well-earned buck, it would be best to visit Japan in April and May to experience the full cherry blossoms.
Brazil, number two on the list, is a tempting destination because of next year's World Cup.
"Now that the country is gearing up for the 2014 World Cup, Brazil looks set to become a hot tourist spot in the coming months," Ms Evans said.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Canada Jetlines Files For C$50 Million Airline IPO
- Plane Freezes in Russian Arctic, Passengers Push (WATCH VIDEO)
- With Falling Oil Prices All Eyes On OPEC Meeting
- New Zealand's Job Expo In Sydney To Showcase 2,000 Wellington Jobs
- This Is How Obesity Weighs Down Global Economy By 2 Trillion Dollars Every Year
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments