BlackBerry Smartphone's Online Buzz Sees No Bounds
By Vijaykumar Meti | February 6, 2013 6:19 PM EST
The Internet was totally abuzz with tweets and updates Wednesday as the company unveiled its new smartphone.
Salesforce.com provides the statistics that there were more than 111,000 online mentions of the BlackBerry 10 smartphone just hours after BlackBerry CEO Thorsten Heins unveiled the smartphone.
About 93 percent of the conversation was on Twitter, where hashtags related to BlackBerry and references were trending throughout the day in Canada. The BlackBerry 10 smartphone buzz seems to have uplifted the company's profile which hopes to regain its share in the smartphone market.
The new device triggered a mixture of reactions. Several users shared their excitement and some congratulated the company for introducing an attractive device.
"I'm sick of waiting, the more info I get the more I can't wait," one user tweeted.
"I'm having an iPhone mid-life crisis. I'm impressed by the BB10," wrote another.
Facebook users were slow to react on the launch and accounted for only two percent of online buzz globally. The company's Facebook fan page for its new device was unable to generate even 150 supporters by the evening of it launch.
Online buzz may be a sign of one's interest but the true impact of the new product can be seen on its sales figure as one twitter user says, "Everybody will tweet about #BB10, let's see how many of you actually buy it."
Canada will be the first to get the device ahead of other markets, including the United States. Other countries will receive the touch screen version Feb 10, while the U.S.'s launch date is set for sometime in March.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- 16GB iPhone 6 for $99 at Sam’s Club is the Best 2014 Black Friday Deal Around
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft