Kobe Bryant Reclaims His Throne, Smashes Nets With a Slam Dunk [VIDEO]
By Czarina Malleta | February 6, 2013 5:49 PM EST
The Los Angeles Lakers may have lost a lot of their followers due to a series of game losses, but on Tuesday night, Kobe Bryant revived the Lakers spirit.
Throughout the season when a lot of NBA players experienced a lot of mishaps, including injuries, suspensions or being benched midseason, Kobe Bryant proved that he is a class act. Kobe Bryant is still the best Los Angeles player today and definitely one of the best ones in all of NBA.
Amidst the Lakers misfortune with their previous games, Kobe Bryant managed to give his team victory during their last game against the Brooklyn Nets. Not even combined Nets' players like Gerald Wallace and Kris Humphries were not enough to stop a player as remarkable and experienced as Kobe.
Last Tuesday, the former NBA Most Valuable Player reminded the Nets why he is the top paid basketball player today. The Lakers managed to sweep a 92-83 win at the Barclay's Center in New York.
Although the arena was filled with as many boos aiming at Bryant and his team, they were unstoppable and remained comfortable playing even if they were at their rival's home court.
"It's kind of a good electricity in the air. I like playing here," Bryant said.
But the place or the opposing team were not the highlights of the event. Everyone was stunned when Kobe flew in the air and powered a reel dunk over Gerald Wallace and Kris Humphries. It seems like Kobe evolves to his best state when it mattered the most.
"I was pretty shocked that the lane was so wide open," the Lakers superstar said. "I think that everybody's been drinking the 'Kobe-pass' Kool-Aid, so everybody kind of stays on the perimeter with the shooters. It just parted like the Red Sea. So I felt a little like Moses."
For those who don't know, Kobe is a former dunk contest champion. And maybe that talent only shows when the team needs the dunk.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Chelsea FC: Mourinho Hints Cesc Fabregas Could Succeed John Terry As Club Captain
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS