Kobe Bryant Reclaims His Throne, Smashes Nets With a Slam Dunk [VIDEO]
By Czarina Malleta | February 6, 2013 5:49 PM EST
The Los Angeles Lakers may have lost a lot of their followers due to a series of game losses, but on Tuesday night, Kobe Bryant revived the Lakers spirit.
Throughout the season when a lot of NBA players experienced a lot of mishaps, including injuries, suspensions or being benched midseason, Kobe Bryant proved that he is a class act. Kobe Bryant is still the best Los Angeles player today and definitely one of the best ones in all of NBA.
Amidst the Lakers misfortune with their previous games, Kobe Bryant managed to give his team victory during their last game against the Brooklyn Nets. Not even combined Nets' players like Gerald Wallace and Kris Humphries were not enough to stop a player as remarkable and experienced as Kobe.
Last Tuesday, the former NBA Most Valuable Player reminded the Nets why he is the top paid basketball player today. The Lakers managed to sweep a 92-83 win at the Barclay's Center in New York.
Although the arena was filled with as many boos aiming at Bryant and his team, they were unstoppable and remained comfortable playing even if they were at their rival's home court.
"It's kind of a good electricity in the air. I like playing here," Bryant said.
But the place or the opposing team were not the highlights of the event. Everyone was stunned when Kobe flew in the air and powered a reel dunk over Gerald Wallace and Kris Humphries. It seems like Kobe evolves to his best state when it mattered the most.
"I was pretty shocked that the lane was so wide open," the Lakers superstar said. "I think that everybody's been drinking the 'Kobe-pass' Kool-Aid, so everybody kind of stays on the perimeter with the shooters. It just parted like the Red Sea. So I felt a little like Moses."
For those who don't know, Kobe is a former dunk contest champion. And maybe that talent only shows when the team needs the dunk.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Final: USA Vs. Serbia Live Streaming Info, Key Players And Preview
- The Rock Reveals He And John Cena Nearly Fought Backstage [VIDEO]
- Maria Sharapova And Grigor Dimitrov Break Up News
- NFL Week 2: Kansas City Chiefs Vs. Denver Broncos Live Streaming Information And Preview
- Manny Pacquiao Begins Training Sans Freddie Roach
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date