Kobe Bryant Reclaims His Throne, Smashes Nets With a Slam Dunk [VIDEO]
By Czarina Malleta | February 6, 2013 5:49 PM EST
The Los Angeles Lakers may have lost a lot of their followers due to a series of game losses, but on Tuesday night, Kobe Bryant revived the Lakers spirit.
Throughout the season when a lot of NBA players experienced a lot of mishaps, including injuries, suspensions or being benched midseason, Kobe Bryant proved that he is a class act. Kobe Bryant is still the best Los Angeles player today and definitely one of the best ones in all of NBA.
Amidst the Lakers misfortune with their previous games, Kobe Bryant managed to give his team victory during their last game against the Brooklyn Nets. Not even combined Nets' players like Gerald Wallace and Kris Humphries were not enough to stop a player as remarkable and experienced as Kobe.
Last Tuesday, the former NBA Most Valuable Player reminded the Nets why he is the top paid basketball player today. The Lakers managed to sweep a 92-83 win at the Barclay's Center in New York.
Although the arena was filled with as many boos aiming at Bryant and his team, they were unstoppable and remained comfortable playing even if they were at their rival's home court.
"It's kind of a good electricity in the air. I like playing here," Bryant said.
But the place or the opposing team were not the highlights of the event. Everyone was stunned when Kobe flew in the air and powered a reel dunk over Gerald Wallace and Kris Humphries. It seems like Kobe evolves to his best state when it mattered the most.
"I was pretty shocked that the lane was so wide open," the Lakers superstar said. "I think that everybody's been drinking the 'Kobe-pass' Kool-Aid, so everybody kind of stays on the perimeter with the shooters. It just parted like the Red Sea. So I felt a little like Moses."
For those who don't know, Kobe is a former dunk contest champion. And maybe that talent only shows when the team needs the dunk.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Boxing Analyst John Scully Says Floyd Mayweather Is Slipping But Manny Pacquiao Won’t Win In Super Fight In 2015
- Freddie Roach Provoking ‘Washed-Up’ Floyd Mayweather Jr., Says Manny Pacquiao Will KO Undefeated American
- Sharapova, Halep, Ivanovic, Wozniacki, Kvitova, Radwanska, Kerber Make Early Commitment To Stuttgart Open
- ‘Floyd Rhymes With Avoid,’ Says Manny Pacquiao
- 2014 Dancing With The Stars Australia: Former AFL Star David Rodan Declared Winner
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates