Kobe Bryant Reclaims His Throne, Smashes Nets With a Slam Dunk [VIDEO]
By Czarina Malleta | February 6, 2013 5:49 PM EST
The Los Angeles Lakers may have lost a lot of their followers due to a series of game losses, but on Tuesday night, Kobe Bryant revived the Lakers spirit.
Throughout the season when a lot of NBA players experienced a lot of mishaps, including injuries, suspensions or being benched midseason, Kobe Bryant proved that he is a class act. Kobe Bryant is still the best Los Angeles player today and definitely one of the best ones in all of NBA.
Amidst the Lakers misfortune with their previous games, Kobe Bryant managed to give his team victory during their last game against the Brooklyn Nets. Not even combined Nets' players like Gerald Wallace and Kris Humphries were not enough to stop a player as remarkable and experienced as Kobe.
Last Tuesday, the former NBA Most Valuable Player reminded the Nets why he is the top paid basketball player today. The Lakers managed to sweep a 92-83 win at the Barclay's Center in New York.
Although the arena was filled with as many boos aiming at Bryant and his team, they were unstoppable and remained comfortable playing even if they were at their rival's home court.
"It's kind of a good electricity in the air. I like playing here," Bryant said.
But the place or the opposing team were not the highlights of the event. Everyone was stunned when Kobe flew in the air and powered a reel dunk over Gerald Wallace and Kris Humphries. It seems like Kobe evolves to his best state when it mattered the most.
"I was pretty shocked that the lane was so wide open," the Lakers superstar said. "I think that everybody's been drinking the 'Kobe-pass' Kool-Aid, so everybody kind of stays on the perimeter with the shooters. It just parted like the Red Sea. So I felt a little like Moses."
For those who don't know, Kobe is a former dunk contest champion. And maybe that talent only shows when the team needs the dunk.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Matmo Leaves 32k Customers w/o Electricity in Taiwan, Weakens After Landing in China
Join the Conversation
- Roger Federer Tops Forbes’ List of Most Financially Valuable Athlete; Maria Sharapova and Li Na Also Make the Cut
- Eugenie Bouchard Fires Warning To Serena Williams; She Wants No.1 Ranking
- Transfer News: Real Madrid Unveil Galactico James Rodriguez [PHOTOS]
- Rafael Nadal Set To Overtake Roger Federer Grand Slam Haul By 2017
- Roger Federer Regains Deadly Service Game - Andy Roddick
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales