Telstra Picks Up Own Nexus 4 in LG Optimus G: Sets Australian Launch Date on March 13
By Erik Pineda | February 6, 2013 4:23 PM EST
Telstra is launching the LG Optimus G on March 13 in Sydney, giving Aussies the chance to have a different taste of the popular but hard to get Nexus 4.
The most awaited information, of course, is the retail price of the Optimus G. With the expected subsidies to be dangled by Telstra, it is likely that the flagship LG smartphone will be offered at attractive price points.
The possibility is strong that the Optimus G pricing in Australia will compete strongly with the Nexus 4's starting price, which Google pegged at $US299 for the 8GB model.
It is possible too that Telstra would trigger tsunami reaction for the Optimus G by pushing the handset to subscribers at below the $100 mark in exchange for a 2-year contract.
All these speculations, AusDroid said, will be given clarifications next month.
Save for its LTE radio signal and 13MP rear-camera shooter, the Optimus G is essentially the Nexus 4, both manufactured by LG, with the following specs: Snapdragon S4 Pro Processor with 1.5GHz quad-core, Adreno 320 GPU, 4.7-inch WXGA True HD IPS+, 32GB on-board storage, 2GB of RAM, Bluetooth 4.0, Wi-Fi, USB 2.0, NFC and 2100mAh battery.
Nexus 4 has become a global hit due to its powerful specs and affordable price and with the Optimus G picked up by a major Australian telecom, the LG device is likely to pick up steam down under given Telstra is willing to pull down its sticker price.
The Optimus G has been attracting positive feedbacks and in a recent review by NeoWin.net, the handset was dubbed as a dependable gadget companion because "it works at home, it works on the road, in the office and has enough oomph."
"Pairing Android with the LG Optimus G is a natural fit as the phone inspires confidence ... Android has come a long way over the years and deserves more respect than it gets in the market," the same review added.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Prince George Birthday: Adorable New Pictures of George Touching a Butterfly on William's Hand Released [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Malaysian Airlines Flight 17: Air Carrier to Give $5,000 Assistance to Victims’ Families; Bankruptcy Looms as 2 Air Mishaps Would Cost Firm Minimum $80.55 M Compensation
- Foxconn And Pegatron Corp Readies For Apple's iPhone 6 Mass Production This Month
- KFC & McDonald’s Accused of Serving ‘Expired’ Meat to Customers
- Malaysian Airlines Ukraine Tragedy Hits Asian Stock Markets
- California Fruits Recalled in USA and Canada for Possible Listeria Contamination
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- NVIDIA Shield Gaming Tablet with Tegra K1 SoC Reported to be Released on July 29
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time