Indians Offended by My Kitchen Rules’ Spice Girls, Jessie Khan and Biswa Kamila?
By Kristin Dian Mariano | February 6, 2013 4:00 PM EST
My Kitchen Rules contestants Jessie Khan and Biswa Kamila attracted not only large ratings for their home network, Seven, but as well as hatred and disappointment from viewers, including fellow Indians.
It is believed that the controversy stirred by the Spice Girls of the popular cooking show rake in amazing ratings for Seven as 2.2 million Australians tuned in beating its rivals.
Jessie and Biswa's cooking episode was the most highly-anticipated of the season after they talked themselves up in other people's instant restaurants and unleashed food criticism that saw them call dishes "gross."
However, the NSW friends Jessie and Biswa failed to impress when they scored 41 points out of a 110 for their instant restaurant last night, putting them at the bottom of the leader board.
Their Indian cuisine menu had the judges excited in the lead-up to dinner, but their poor timing, disorganisation in the kitchen and execution of the dishes left a bad taste in the judges' and other contestants' mouths.
Other contestants seemed to have held grudge to the pair and scored them 3 out of 10. While Pete and Manu were fairer in their assessment of the girls' cooking. However, it was the pair'sdessert, a concoction of gulab jamun and baked yoghurt that Pete labelled as basically "inedible," that proved to be their biggest downfall.
Manu only gave them 2, while Pete went even lower and scored them 1 - an unfortunate result considering in their interview package Jessie had said, "These are dishes that we cook all the time so we are quite confident that we'll do a good job."
If the remaining cooks in group one score better than Jessie and Biswa, they will face elimination before the show reaches MKR HQ.
Twitter and other social media sites fired up last night because of the episode. Some viewers commented that bashed the girls' ability to cook. Viewers from Indian descent seemed to be disappointed to the girls with some saying that they are a disgrace to Indians.
Some even questioned their cooking skills saying that they prepared the dishes incorrectly shaming Indian cuisine. Some commenters said that there is a proper way to prepare Indian food. Another questioned their character saying that Indians are very nice and polite people.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘America’s Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Finale Performance Episode Recap, Spoilers: 6 Finalists Perform Their Last Acts To Win Finals
- ‘Mad Men’ Season 7 [Final Season] Update: Jon Hamm Talks About Surprises And Things Looking Up
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Winner Predictions: Fellow Contestants And Betting Odds Predict Who Could Win Mirror Ball Trophy
- ‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 ‘Freak Show’ Update: Skyler Samuels Roped In To Play Pivotal Role, Extended Teaser Released [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson And FKA Twigs Romance: Singer’s Twitter Post Sparks Pregnancy Reports Speculating The Couple Is Expecting Their First Baby
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet
- Spice Dream Uno vs Xiaomi Redmi 1S: Android One Smartphone to Challenge The Existing Budget Friendly Smartphone