Indians Offended by My Kitchen Rules’ Spice Girls, Jessie Khan and Biswa Kamila?
By Kristin Dian Mariano | February 6, 2013 4:00 PM EST
My Kitchen Rules contestants Jessie Khan and Biswa Kamila attracted not only large ratings for their home network, Seven, but as well as hatred and disappointment from viewers, including fellow Indians.
It is believed that the controversy stirred by the Spice Girls of the popular cooking show rake in amazing ratings for Seven as 2.2 million Australians tuned in beating its rivals.
Jessie and Biswa's cooking episode was the most highly-anticipated of the season after they talked themselves up in other people's instant restaurants and unleashed food criticism that saw them call dishes "gross."
However, the NSW friends Jessie and Biswa failed to impress when they scored 41 points out of a 110 for their instant restaurant last night, putting them at the bottom of the leader board.
Their Indian cuisine menu had the judges excited in the lead-up to dinner, but their poor timing, disorganisation in the kitchen and execution of the dishes left a bad taste in the judges' and other contestants' mouths.
Other contestants seemed to have held grudge to the pair and scored them 3 out of 10. While Pete and Manu were fairer in their assessment of the girls' cooking. However, it was the pair'sdessert, a concoction of gulab jamun and baked yoghurt that Pete labelled as basically "inedible," that proved to be their biggest downfall.
Manu only gave them 2, while Pete went even lower and scored them 1 - an unfortunate result considering in their interview package Jessie had said, "These are dishes that we cook all the time so we are quite confident that we'll do a good job."
If the remaining cooks in group one score better than Jessie and Biswa, they will face elimination before the show reaches MKR HQ.
Twitter and other social media sites fired up last night because of the episode. Some viewers commented that bashed the girls' ability to cook. Viewers from Indian descent seemed to be disappointed to the girls with some saying that they are a disgrace to Indians.
Some even questioned their cooking skills saying that they prepared the dishes incorrectly shaming Indian cuisine. Some commenters said that there is a proper way to prepare Indian food. Another questioned their character saying that Indians are very nice and polite people.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 2 Major Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Strangers’
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’: Blake And Louise Tell The True Story
- ‘Days Of Our Lives’ (DOOL) Oct. 20-24 Spoilers: An ‘Unexpected Visitor’ Changes Everything For Sami Plus Updates On Salemites
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Oct. 20-24, 2014, Plus Additional Spoilers For Oct. 27, 2014: Nina Makes Public Rosalie’s Secret
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- iPhone 6 vs Nexus 6 vs Galaxy Note 4: Performance and User Interface Comparison
- Fappening: Message Board Posters Belittle Nude Photo Leakers As D-Listers Seeking Publicity
- Fappening: Lindsay Clubine, Wife Of Boston Red Sox Pitcher Clay Buchholz, & George Sampson Of Britain’s Got Talent, Are The Latest Victims Of Celebrity Nude Leaks