New Samsung Galaxy S4 Render Points to Metallic, iPhone-Like Built
By Erik Pineda | February 6, 2013 1:08 PM EST
Samsung's Galaxy S4 has been generating so much buzz and one fan thought that while waiting why not make a mock up. The result is a sleek-looking S4 built mainly on metallic material.
The image rendering, first published by Android Community, presented the Galaxy S4 as a total departure from the plastic-built of its predecessor, the Galaxy S3. This render gave the Samsung handset the first generation iPhone look - black and metal with rounded corners.
Interesting additions are the physical camera button and stereo speakers set at the bottom portion of the S4's front. These takes are most likely not the features that Samsung engineers would approve of, blog reports said.
Under the hood, the new S4 render envisioned of a 2GHz A15 Exynos 5450 quad-core processor, 2GB DDR3 RAM and ARM Mali T658 GPU, which are monstrous but realistic specs for 2013 smartphone releases.
The Galaxy S4 is widely reported to sport a maximum of 1.7GHz quad-core but a little more bump up will surely make millions of Samsung followers very happy.
With a 5-inch 1080p Full HD Super AMOLED+ Display to come with the above specs, Droid Life can only hope that the 3100mAh battery listed on the render will be heeded by Samsung.
Monster smartphone features demand full-flowing power juice so anything less of a battery kit will be a letdown. Below 3100mAh, it is doubtful if the upcoming S4 will last a full-day on a single charge, Droid Life added.
The other attributes: Android 4.2, 13MP rear-facing camera, 2MP front-facing camera, 16GB/32GB/64GB storage options, Removable SD card slot, Gorilla Glass 3, 4G LTE and Bluetooth 5.0, pretty much jibe with early projections of the Galaxy S4.
The new Samsung smartphone is set to be introduced March 22 via an exclusive Samsung event and will likely hit global stores by mid-April.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’