Verizon Set to Re-launch HTC Droid DNA with Minor Tweaks
By Erik Pineda | February 6, 2013 12:02 PM EST
Taking on to Twitter this week, developer and HTC insider LlabTooFeR reported that the U.S. telco and HTC is collaborating anew for the re-introduction of the Droid DNA (known as HTC J-Butterfly in Asia) to American consumers.
The Droid DNA was regarded by Android fans as a silent beast for its powerful specs that easily captured the respect of tech reviewers. Sadly, this monster phone has yet to achieve the same amount of success attributed to other Android handsets, chief among them by Samsung Galaxy smartphones.
Verizon thought it wise not to waste the prospects that came with the Droid DNA, hence the re-launch.
Pretty much, American buyers will get the same serving seen first a few months ago as the Droid DNA will practically be the same 1080p Full HD smartphone that HTC had introduced in the last quarter of 2012.
The phone runs on JellyBean 4.1.2 with Sense 5.0 on top of the Google platform and draws power from a 1.7GHz quad-core CPU, which will tap on a 2GB of RAM for optimal performance.
Like the first edition, the new Droid DNA will have a powerful rear-camera shooter with sensor of 13MP. Loads of pics, video clips and other files can be stored on its 16GB of built-in memory. The handset, this time, will sport a microSD expansion slot, which is the one thing absent from the earlier version.
And per LlabTooFeR's tweet, the new Droid DNA on Verizon is LTE-capable, further boosting its ability to attract new fans.
But with the HTC M7 already nearing the block, it's a wonder how Android would react having to pick from two identical HTC handsets.
The M7 is widely believed to start rolling out soon after the planned London and New York events by HTC this month.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Matmo Leaves 32k Customers w/o Electricity in Taiwan, Weakens After Landing in China
Join the Conversation
- Malaysian Airlines Flight 17: Air Carrier Losing $1.6 Million/Day; Crisis Management Experts Suggest Hiring Risk Expert as CEO
- Biggest Australian IPO in 4 Years as Healthscope Could Raises $2.12 Billion
- CBA, NAB, Westpac in Fixed Rate War Offering Below 5% Interest
- MH17: ‘Trademark Trolls’ Make Profit Out of the Tragedy
- Radio Australia Cuts to Affect Isolated Vanuatu Residents Who Rely on It for Weather Bulletins
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- HTC One E8 (Plastic Variant of HTC One M8) with 5-Inch Display, Dual-SIM, 801 Processor and 2 GB RAM to Hit New Markets Soon
- iPhone 6 Release Date in September 26 with Price Details and More Killer Features
- Apple iPad Mini Air: Three Fresh Features on the Smart Tablet to Wait for
- 4.7-Inch iPhone 6 Release Date is Sept 26 after iOS 8 GM Public Debut on Sept 17 – Reports