Verizon Set to Re-launch HTC Droid DNA with Minor Tweaks
By Erik Pineda | February 6, 2013 12:02 PM EST
Taking on to Twitter this week, developer and HTC insider LlabTooFeR reported that the U.S. telco and HTC is collaborating anew for the re-introduction of the Droid DNA (known as HTC J-Butterfly in Asia) to American consumers.
The Droid DNA was regarded by Android fans as a silent beast for its powerful specs that easily captured the respect of tech reviewers. Sadly, this monster phone has yet to achieve the same amount of success attributed to other Android handsets, chief among them by Samsung Galaxy smartphones.
Verizon thought it wise not to waste the prospects that came with the Droid DNA, hence the re-launch.
Pretty much, American buyers will get the same serving seen first a few months ago as the Droid DNA will practically be the same 1080p Full HD smartphone that HTC had introduced in the last quarter of 2012.
The phone runs on JellyBean 4.1.2 with Sense 5.0 on top of the Google platform and draws power from a 1.7GHz quad-core CPU, which will tap on a 2GB of RAM for optimal performance.
Like the first edition, the new Droid DNA will have a powerful rear-camera shooter with sensor of 13MP. Loads of pics, video clips and other files can be stored on its 16GB of built-in memory. The handset, this time, will sport a microSD expansion slot, which is the one thing absent from the earlier version.
And per LlabTooFeR's tweet, the new Droid DNA on Verizon is LTE-capable, further boosting its ability to attract new fans.
But with the HTC M7 already nearing the block, it's a wonder how Android would react having to pick from two identical HTC handsets.
The M7 is widely believed to start rolling out soon after the planned London and New York events by HTC this month.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Kendall Jenner Rocks Semi-Nude Balmain Lattice Dress At Paris Fashion Week [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Apple Inc (AAPL) Stock Rises Again Despite Bendgate, iOS 8 Bugs; Samsung Stock At Two-Year Low
- Hong Kong Protests Cause Closure Of Banks & Instagram Outages In China
- Federal Court Orders Coles To Hang Signs For 3 Months That It Passed Off Par-Baked Bread As Fresh From The Oven
- Ello Pegged As The Anti-Facebook Social Network
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate