Verizon Set to Re-launch HTC Droid DNA with Minor Tweaks
By Erik Pineda | February 6, 2013 12:02 PM EST
Taking on to Twitter this week, developer and HTC insider LlabTooFeR reported that the U.S. telco and HTC is collaborating anew for the re-introduction of the Droid DNA (known as HTC J-Butterfly in Asia) to American consumers.
The Droid DNA was regarded by Android fans as a silent beast for its powerful specs that easily captured the respect of tech reviewers. Sadly, this monster phone has yet to achieve the same amount of success attributed to other Android handsets, chief among them by Samsung Galaxy smartphones.
Verizon thought it wise not to waste the prospects that came with the Droid DNA, hence the re-launch.
Pretty much, American buyers will get the same serving seen first a few months ago as the Droid DNA will practically be the same 1080p Full HD smartphone that HTC had introduced in the last quarter of 2012.
The phone runs on JellyBean 4.1.2 with Sense 5.0 on top of the Google platform and draws power from a 1.7GHz quad-core CPU, which will tap on a 2GB of RAM for optimal performance.
Like the first edition, the new Droid DNA will have a powerful rear-camera shooter with sensor of 13MP. Loads of pics, video clips and other files can be stored on its 16GB of built-in memory. The handset, this time, will sport a microSD expansion slot, which is the one thing absent from the earlier version.
And per LlabTooFeR's tweet, the new Droid DNA on Verizon is LTE-capable, further boosting its ability to attract new fans.
But with the HTC M7 already nearing the block, it's a wonder how Android would react having to pick from two identical HTC handsets.
The M7 is widely believed to start rolling out soon after the planned London and New York events by HTC this month.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery