Verizon Set to Re-launch HTC Droid DNA with Minor Tweaks
By Erik Pineda | February 6, 2013 12:02 PM EST
Taking on to Twitter this week, developer and HTC insider LlabTooFeR reported that the U.S. telco and HTC is collaborating anew for the re-introduction of the Droid DNA (known as HTC J-Butterfly in Asia) to American consumers.
The Droid DNA was regarded by Android fans as a silent beast for its powerful specs that easily captured the respect of tech reviewers. Sadly, this monster phone has yet to achieve the same amount of success attributed to other Android handsets, chief among them by Samsung Galaxy smartphones.
Verizon thought it wise not to waste the prospects that came with the Droid DNA, hence the re-launch.
Pretty much, American buyers will get the same serving seen first a few months ago as the Droid DNA will practically be the same 1080p Full HD smartphone that HTC had introduced in the last quarter of 2012.
The phone runs on JellyBean 4.1.2 with Sense 5.0 on top of the Google platform and draws power from a 1.7GHz quad-core CPU, which will tap on a 2GB of RAM for optimal performance.
Like the first edition, the new Droid DNA will have a powerful rear-camera shooter with sensor of 13MP. Loads of pics, video clips and other files can be stored on its 16GB of built-in memory. The handset, this time, will sport a microSD expansion slot, which is the one thing absent from the earlier version.
And per LlabTooFeR's tweet, the new Droid DNA on Verizon is LTE-capable, further boosting its ability to attract new fans.
But with the HTC M7 already nearing the block, it's a wonder how Android would react having to pick from two identical HTC handsets.
The M7 is widely believed to start rolling out soon after the planned London and New York events by HTC this month.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Tesco Facing Crisis After Chairman Quits Citing Accounting Scandal In The Retail Giant
- Australian Federal Court Fines Reebok $350,000 & Orders Refunds For Shoe Endorsed By Miranda Kerr That Claims Unproven Health Benefits
- Perth Call Centre Staff Bad In English And Not Philippine And Indian Counterparts, Telstra Boss Says
- #Snapgate: iPad Air 2 Breaks While Undergoing Bend Test
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS