Obamacare Excise Tax Showing up on Receipts for Sporting Goods
By Natural News | February 6, 2013 11:53 AM EST
The infamous Obamacare excise tax on medical devices that we covered back in December has officially come into effect as of January 1, and the fleecing has already affected some customers at a popular sporting goods chain. As reported by The Blaze, the 2.3 percent tax, which was only supposed to affect medical devices sold to hospitals and other healthcare entities, began to show up inexplicably on store receipts at a Cabela's sporting goods store in Texas, catching some customers by surprise.
A screenshot of a Cabela's store receipt that has widely circulated the internet in recent weeks shows purchases made for $279.67, with $26.69 of this total representing taxes. But further down on the receipt is a breakdown of this charge which shows $20.87 for "General Sales and Use," and $5.82 for a "Medical Excise Tax." Not only had the Obama administration previously indicated that medical devices sold at the retail level would be exempt from the tax, but Cabela's does not even sell medical devices, which makes the appearance of anomalous charge highly confusing.
You can view an image of the receipt here:
Not long after this particular receipt made the digital rounds, several others also emerged, and Cabela's eventually came forward to indicate that the charge, which allegedly showed up on receipts at numerous Cabela's locations, was the result of "a computer glitch that has (since) been fixed." But many are wondering how the tax itself, which was supposedly never intended to affect any retail purchases whatsoever, ended up being accidentally input into the Cabela's computer system in the first place.
Cabela's error raises public awareness about real-life implications of Obamacare taxes
According to the Internal Revenue Service (IRS), the corporation responsible for collecting the new tax, it only applies to manufacturers and importers of medical devices, and not to consumers directly. But for some unknown reason, Cabela's had integrated the tax into its point-of-sale system, and inadvertently begun to collect the unconstitutional tax from its customers. Some customers have reportedly been able to obtain a refund, but many others are likely unaware they were even charged.
"The 2.3 percent Medical Excise Tax that began on January 1st is supposed to be 'hidden' from the consumer, but it's been brought to the public's attention by hunting and fishing store Cabela's who have refused to hide it and are showing it as a separate line item tax on their receipts," explained one individual who was charged the tax in an email to InfoWars.com.
The error, in other words, draws public attention to the massive swindling that is the tax, and to a much larger extent Obamacare in general. By the year 2014, for instance, those with "non-qualifying" insurance plans will be coerced by the occupying federal regime to pay an additional income surtax. And those with existing health insurance plans that cost $27,500 or more annually per family will eventually have a whopping 40 percent excise tax tacked onto their monthly premiums.
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
- Taylor Swift's Famous Ex-Boyfriends: From Harry Styles To Joe Jonas [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Sex In The City Actress Kim Cattrall Embraces Menopause
- A Baby Shot In The Head Due To Hunting Accident In Pennsylvania; Chances of Blindness
- Reasons Kate Middleton Cancelled Royal Duties: Weight Gain, Growing Baby Bump, Bloated Face
- An Apple A Day Keeps Obesity Away: Finds New Study
- Ebola Leaves Children Unwanted And Rejected: UNICEF Reports
- 3 Signs Nexus 6, 8 Release Date Nears: Leaked Pics, KitKat Factory Image & Android L Details Emerge
- Apple iPhone 6 vs. OnePlus One: With Invitation-Only Model Rested, OnePlus One Can Be A Real Threat To iPhone 6
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Available Through O2 For £380, Other Carriers To Follow Soon
- ISIS Supporters are Walking Among the Many in the United States – Report
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- ISIS Receives Food, Ammunition Due To Mistake Of Iraqi Pilots
- Airstrikes Against ISIS Has Claimed Innocent Lives In Syria, Dubbed ‘Ineffective’ By Jihadi Fighters, US Military To Ask For More Spending Money