Nokia Lumia with 41MP Camera Sensor
By Vittorio Hernandez | February 6, 2013 11:35 AM EST
The Nokia Lumia 920 has been recognised as one of the most innovative smartphones in 2012 and included to that recognition is the camera capability installed on the device. While it may be a great when it comes to snapshots and video recording, Nokia Lumia 920 will not suffice aspiring photographers due to its low megapixel rate.
The Nokia 808 PureView, on the other side, means game changing when defining what is a camera phone truly is. The Nokia 808 PureView features 41-megapixels of camera which captures unusually crisp images and crystal-clear HD videos even though it is just a phone.
The device is powered by Carl Zeiss optics with capabilities to capture photos in almost all kinds of lighting conditions, quick snapping, and pixel-perfect zooming. While the camera it sports holds glory, it runs the departed operating system Symbian and Nokia now uses Windows Phone as its front OS platform.
Nokia + PureView + Windows Phone are equals to the upcoming Nokia Lumia EOS. The rumoured device will sport 41-megapixels camera which is assumed to be released on summer in the United States.
This speculated Lumia EOS is the Windows counterpart of the Nokia 808 PureView and will use the process called by Nokia oversampling. It uses the high resolution of the image sensor to capture more image details and then restored back into a lower-resolution capture.
The combination of the Lumia technology, Windows Phone 8 impressive high-contrast display, and the same image sensory used by 808 PureView will definitely boost up Nokia to get points and killing strike against the devices from its rivals, Samsung, Google, Apple, and now the returning BlackBerry.
No confirmation yet about this Nokia Lumia EOS date of release, overall specifications, and other special features. Nokia also did not release any comment right now but maybe at upcoming Mobile World Congress in March the company may surprise techies.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Apple Inc (AAPL) Stock May Reach $150; First Trillion Company Talks, iPhone 6 and Apple Watch Boost Price
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Travel Alert: Frequent Flyer Tie-Up Between Virgin Australia, South African Airways Enhanced
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Israel''s Al Aqsa and East Jerusalem Issues Threatening Its Multi Billion Gas Deal With Jordan