Nokia Lumia with 41MP Camera Sensor
By Vittorio Hernandez | February 6, 2013 11:35 AM EST
The Nokia Lumia 920 has been recognised as one of the most innovative smartphones in 2012 and included to that recognition is the camera capability installed on the device. While it may be a great when it comes to snapshots and video recording, Nokia Lumia 920 will not suffice aspiring photographers due to its low megapixel rate.
The Nokia 808 PureView, on the other side, means game changing when defining what is a camera phone truly is. The Nokia 808 PureView features 41-megapixels of camera which captures unusually crisp images and crystal-clear HD videos even though it is just a phone.
The device is powered by Carl Zeiss optics with capabilities to capture photos in almost all kinds of lighting conditions, quick snapping, and pixel-perfect zooming. While the camera it sports holds glory, it runs the departed operating system Symbian and Nokia now uses Windows Phone as its front OS platform.
Nokia + PureView + Windows Phone are equals to the upcoming Nokia Lumia EOS. The rumoured device will sport 41-megapixels camera which is assumed to be released on summer in the United States.
This speculated Lumia EOS is the Windows counterpart of the Nokia 808 PureView and will use the process called by Nokia oversampling. It uses the high resolution of the image sensor to capture more image details and then restored back into a lower-resolution capture.
The combination of the Lumia technology, Windows Phone 8 impressive high-contrast display, and the same image sensory used by 808 PureView will definitely boost up Nokia to get points and killing strike against the devices from its rivals, Samsung, Google, Apple, and now the returning BlackBerry.
No confirmation yet about this Nokia Lumia EOS date of release, overall specifications, and other special features. Nokia also did not release any comment right now but maybe at upcoming Mobile World Congress in March the company may surprise techies.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Tesco Facing Crisis After Chairman Quits Citing Accounting Scandal In The Retail Giant
- Australian Federal Court Fines Reebok $350,000 & Orders Refunds For Shoe Endorsed By Miranda Kerr That Claims Unproven Health Benefits
- Sydney Software Firm Bigcommerce Teams Up With Alibaba To Beat Amazon
- Perth Call Centre Staff Bad In English And Not Philippine And Indian Counterparts, Telstra Boss Says
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation