BlackBerry 10 OS to Support Android 4.1 Jellybean
By Vittorio Hernandez | February 6, 2013 11:03 AM EST
In the future, BlackBerry 10 will eventually support application from the Android OS. This is one of the major features of BlackBerry 10 which gives access to more applications than what it should only have. Although it is good news that Blackberry can now support Android apps, the implementation is not that amazing since the Android-based version to be used in BlackBerry is almost 2 years old.
Even so, BlackBerry still hopes and is confident that soon, their OS platform will support Android 4.1 Jellybean applications and some features of the open-source platform as well. No determined date of when that changes will actually happen and in relation to Google's constant development with Android OS, the version is currently in 4.2 Jellybean and in May, Android 5.0 Key Lime Pie will reshape the Android experience again.
Aside from this opportunity to play with Android OS, BlackBerry has announced that a limited edition of red colored Z10 smartphone unit will be given to developers who will qualify on Feb 28.
Announced in a blog, BlackBerry extends its thank you to developers who contributed to creating apps for the OS platform by handing out 12,000 red Blackberry Z10, exclusively for developers only.
The qualification requires submitted applications from developers for the red Z10 limited edition device. The deadline ends on Feb 28 this year. After that, it will take six up to eight weeks for the red Z10 to be shipped to their new owners.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Tesco Facing Crisis After Chairman Quits Citing Accounting Scandal In The Retail Giant
- Australian Federal Court Fines Reebok $350,000 & Orders Refunds For Shoe Endorsed By Miranda Kerr That Claims Unproven Health Benefits
- #Snapgate: iPad Air 2 Breaks While Undergoing Bend Test
- Perth Call Centre Staff Bad In English And Not Philippine And Indian Counterparts, Telstra Boss Says
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS