BlackBerry 10 OS to Support Android 4.1 Jellybean
By Vittorio Hernandez | February 6, 2013 11:03 AM EST
In the future, BlackBerry 10 will eventually support application from the Android OS. This is one of the major features of BlackBerry 10 which gives access to more applications than what it should only have. Although it is good news that Blackberry can now support Android apps, the implementation is not that amazing since the Android-based version to be used in BlackBerry is almost 2 years old.
Even so, BlackBerry still hopes and is confident that soon, their OS platform will support Android 4.1 Jellybean applications and some features of the open-source platform as well. No determined date of when that changes will actually happen and in relation to Google's constant development with Android OS, the version is currently in 4.2 Jellybean and in May, Android 5.0 Key Lime Pie will reshape the Android experience again.
Aside from this opportunity to play with Android OS, BlackBerry has announced that a limited edition of red colored Z10 smartphone unit will be given to developers who will qualify on Feb 28.
Announced in a blog, BlackBerry extends its thank you to developers who contributed to creating apps for the OS platform by handing out 12,000 red Blackberry Z10, exclusively for developers only.
The qualification requires submitted applications from developers for the red Z10 limited edition device. The deadline ends on Feb 28 this year. After that, it will take six up to eight weeks for the red Z10 to be shipped to their new owners.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Malaysian Airlines Flight 17: Air Carrier Losing $1.6 Million/Day; Crisis Management Experts Suggest Hiring Risk Expert as CEO
- Biggest Australian IPO in 4 Years as Healthscope Could Raises $2.12 Billion
- CBA, NAB, Westpac in Fixed Rate War Offering Below 5% Interest
- MH17: ‘Trademark Trolls’ Make Profit Out of the Tragedy
- Radio Australia Cuts to Affect Isolated Vanuatu Residents Who Rely on It for Weather Bulletins
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- HTC One E8 (Plastic Variant of HTC One M8) with 5-Inch Display, Dual-SIM, 801 Processor and 2 GB RAM to Hit New Markets Soon
- iPhone 6 Release Date in September 26 with Price Details and More Killer Features
- Apple iPad Mini Air: Three Fresh Features on the Smart Tablet to Wait for
- 4.7-Inch iPhone 6 Release Date is Sept 26 after iOS 8 GM Public Debut on Sept 17 – Reports