BlackBerry 10 OS to Support Android 4.1 Jellybean
By Vittorio Hernandez | February 6, 2013 11:03 AM EST
In the future, BlackBerry 10 will eventually support application from the Android OS. This is one of the major features of BlackBerry 10 which gives access to more applications than what it should only have. Although it is good news that Blackberry can now support Android apps, the implementation is not that amazing since the Android-based version to be used in BlackBerry is almost 2 years old.
Even so, BlackBerry still hopes and is confident that soon, their OS platform will support Android 4.1 Jellybean applications and some features of the open-source platform as well. No determined date of when that changes will actually happen and in relation to Google's constant development with Android OS, the version is currently in 4.2 Jellybean and in May, Android 5.0 Key Lime Pie will reshape the Android experience again.
Aside from this opportunity to play with Android OS, BlackBerry has announced that a limited edition of red colored Z10 smartphone unit will be given to developers who will qualify on Feb 28.
Announced in a blog, BlackBerry extends its thank you to developers who contributed to creating apps for the OS platform by handing out 12,000 red Blackberry Z10, exclusively for developers only.
The qualification requires submitted applications from developers for the red Z10 limited edition device. The deadline ends on Feb 28 this year. After that, it will take six up to eight weeks for the red Z10 to be shipped to their new owners.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- New Malaysia Airlines Caught in Adelaide Airport Latest Scare
- Toyota Tops World Sales of Cars, Sells Over 5K Million Vehicles in First Half of 2014
- Man Swindles Apple for $309,768 in 16 States
- Formula 1 Chief Sues Google over Sex Party Pictures
- Air New Zealand Pays $1000 to NZ9 Passengers After Three-Night Delay
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date