iPad 4 with 128GB Storage Now Available: 5 Reasons Why You Should Buy the Tablet?
By Kristin Dian Mariano | February 6, 2013 10:44 AM EST
The new iPad 4 bumped with huge 128 GB storage capacity will start selling today.
The tablet will have a capacity of 128GB compared with the current model, which comes with 16GB, 32GB or 64GB. Nothing else has changed, so this remains a fourth-generation iPad rather than an entire new model.
The new models cost in at $799 for the Wi-Fi only, or $929 for the version with 4G LTE connectivity. That's $100 more than the 64GB model, which is $100 more than the 32GB model, which is $100 more than the 16GB iPad. The end result is that Apple can make a healthy profit on those buying the top-of-the-line model, with nearly all of it coming from the storage.
All versions of the 128GB iPad will be sold through the Apple Online Store, Apple retail stores and select Apple Authorized Resellers. There is a chance that the device will also land on online resellers such as eBay and Amazon after a few days.
"With twice the storage capacity and an unparalleled selection of over 300,000 native iPad apps, enterprises, educators and artists have even more reasons to use iPad for all their business and personal needs," said Apple senior vice president of marketing Philip Schiller.
Last year, iPad remained as the dominant tablet in Australia holding 62 percent of the tablet market. Android accounts to 36 percent of the market. However, it is expected to increase with the release of the new mobile software Android Jelly Bean. Android devices also contribute in increasing the popularity of Google's software.
Below are the five reasons why you should consider buying the new tablet.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery