Alex Morgan Poses As Katy Perry For ESPN The Magazine Photo Shoot [VIDEO]
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | February 6, 2013 8:44 AM EST
Alex Morgan may be the most popular female athlete in the United States. At a recent photo shoot, Morgan paid homage to one of the most popular female singers.
The soccer star posed as Katy Perry for an upcoming edition of ESPN the Magazine. The publication is releasing a special “Music Issue” on Feb.18, in which athletes will recreate their favorite album covers.
Morgan chose to portray Perry on the cover of her 2008 album “One of the Boys.” The member of the U.S. women’s national soccer team tried to replicate Perry’s look, wearing an almost identical outfit and lying across a lawn chair.
2012 was a big year for Morgan. The 23-year-old won a gold medal at the London Olympics. For the year, she led the U.S. with 28 goals, 21 assists and 77 points. Her performance earned her the award for Female Athlete of the Year.
Perry is one of the most successful female musical artists of the past decade. “One of the Boys” has sold over three million copies worldwide, and her 2010 release “Teenage Dream” sold her 5.5 million copies.
Morgan told ESPN that “I Kissed a Girl” is her favorite Perry song. The Magazine issue also includes Olympic swimmer Ryan Lochte who posed for Nirvana’s “Nevermind” album cover.
Below you can watch a behind-the-scenes video of Morgan’s interview with ESPN.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- $300 Million at Stake for Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao Showdown
- Roger Federer is ‘The Greatest of All Time' - Novak Djokovic’s Coach Boris Becker
- Roger Federer Tops Forbes’ List of Most Financially Valuable Athlete; Maria Sharapova and Li Na Also Make the Cut
- Eugenie Bouchard Fires Warning To Serena Williams; She Wants No.1 Ranking
- Transfer News: Real Madrid Unveil Galactico James Rodriguez [PHOTOS]
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales