Alex Morgan Poses As Katy Perry For ESPN The Magazine Photo Shoot [VIDEO]
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | February 6, 2013 8:44 AM EST
Alex Morgan may be the most popular female athlete in the United States. At a recent photo shoot, Morgan paid homage to one of the most popular female singers.
The soccer star posed as Katy Perry for an upcoming edition of ESPN the Magazine. The publication is releasing a special “Music Issue” on Feb.18, in which athletes will recreate their favorite album covers.
Morgan chose to portray Perry on the cover of her 2008 album “One of the Boys.” The member of the U.S. women’s national soccer team tried to replicate Perry’s look, wearing an almost identical outfit and lying across a lawn chair.
2012 was a big year for Morgan. The 23-year-old won a gold medal at the London Olympics. For the year, she led the U.S. with 28 goals, 21 assists and 77 points. Her performance earned her the award for Female Athlete of the Year.
Perry is one of the most successful female musical artists of the past decade. “One of the Boys” has sold over three million copies worldwide, and her 2010 release “Teenage Dream” sold her 5.5 million copies.
Morgan told ESPN that “I Kissed a Girl” is her favorite Perry song. The Magazine issue also includes Olympic swimmer Ryan Lochte who posed for Nirvana’s “Nevermind” album cover.
Below you can watch a behind-the-scenes video of Morgan’s interview with ESPN.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Clears That Fredrik Neij And Peter Sunde Are Not TPB Founders
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Out There To Save His Two Favourite Ladies In Mid-season Finale
- [In Pictures] Police Fire As Protest Turns Into ‘Riot’ After Grand Jury Decision on Ferguson Shooting
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
Join the Conversation
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Purse Split: $100M For American, $60M For Filipino— Report
- ESPN Anchor Skip Bayless Says Floyd Mayweather Jr Will Not Fight Manny Pacquiao Because Undefeated Fighter Is ‘Afraid To Lose’
- Amir Khan Addresses Roach’s Comments That Pacquiao Used To Knock Out The Bolton-Born Boxer During Sparring Sessions
- Chelsea FC: Jose Mourinho Hits Back At Sergio Ramos For Questioning Costa And Fabregas Absence From NT, Says 'He is Not A Doctor'
- Meet Paige VanZant, The Next UFC Sensation In The Women's Division
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday Sale 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change