Penelope Soto, Florida Teen, Gives Judge Finger During Drug Charge Hearing At Miami-Dade Circuit Court [VIDEO]
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | February 6, 2013 7:45 AM EST
Penelope Soto, a Florida teen, was caught on tape giving the middle finger to Miami-Dade Circuit Judge Jorge Rodriguez-Chomat.
Soto, 18, was arrested on drug possession charges and showed up at her hearing with an attitude that the judge was not at all pleased with.
According to NBC Miami, Judge Rodriguez-Chomat wanted to know about Soto’s financial assets before doling out a penalty
Soto said that she had a car and “a lot” of jewelry. When the judge tried to get the woman to clarify her statement, Soto responded that it was “like Rick Ross. It’s worth a lot of money.”
“It’s not a joke, you know, we’re not in a club now. We are not in a club, be serious about it,” the judge responded.
While the Miami teen could have walked away from her hearing with her bond set at $5,000, she decided to give a the judge a sarcastic sendoff by saying “adios.”
As she walked away from the window, the judge called Soto back and then raised her bond to $10,000.
"Are you serious?" the teen asked.
"I am serious. Adios," the judge responded.
Soto proceeded to give the judge the finger and told him to “f**k himself,” at which point he quickly upped her punishment to 30 days in prison.
As is procedure with the Miami-Dade Circuit court, all hearings are taped for state records.
Check below for video of Penelope Soto’s entire outburst.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- The Burka Avenger Educates Children While Fighting For Girls' Education Rights In New Pakistan TV Show
- Christopher Walken To Play Mob Boss In Film Adaptation Of Four Seasons Musical 'Jersey Boys'
- William Cantrell Mistakes Human Ashes For Cocaine, May Have Snorted Remains
- Giant Alligator Eats 80-Pound Dog In North Carolina, Gator May Still Be Alive
- Steve McQueen's Last Ride, 1952 Custom Chevy Pickup Truck, Hits The Auction Block
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown