Penelope Soto, Florida Teen, Gives Judge Finger During Drug Charge Hearing At Miami-Dade Circuit Court [VIDEO]
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | February 6, 2013 7:45 AM EST
Penelope Soto, a Florida teen, was caught on tape giving the middle finger to Miami-Dade Circuit Judge Jorge Rodriguez-Chomat.
Soto, 18, was arrested on drug possession charges and showed up at her hearing with an attitude that the judge was not at all pleased with.
According to NBC Miami, Judge Rodriguez-Chomat wanted to know about Soto’s financial assets before doling out a penalty
Soto said that she had a car and “a lot” of jewelry. When the judge tried to get the woman to clarify her statement, Soto responded that it was “like Rick Ross. It’s worth a lot of money.”
“It’s not a joke, you know, we’re not in a club now. We are not in a club, be serious about it,” the judge responded.
While the Miami teen could have walked away from her hearing with her bond set at $5,000, she decided to give a the judge a sarcastic sendoff by saying “adios.”
As she walked away from the window, the judge called Soto back and then raised her bond to $10,000.
"Are you serious?" the teen asked.
"I am serious. Adios," the judge responded.
Soto proceeded to give the judge the finger and told him to “f**k himself,” at which point he quickly upped her punishment to 30 days in prison.
As is procedure with the Miami-Dade Circuit court, all hearings are taped for state records.
Check below for video of Penelope Soto’s entire outburst.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- The Burka Avenger Educates Children While Fighting For Girls' Education Rights In New Pakistan TV Show
- Christopher Walken To Play Mob Boss In Film Adaptation Of Four Seasons Musical 'Jersey Boys'
- William Cantrell Mistakes Human Ashes For Cocaine, May Have Snorted Remains
- Giant Alligator Eats 80-Pound Dog In North Carolina, Gator May Still Be Alive
- Steve McQueen's Last Ride, 1952 Custom Chevy Pickup Truck, Hits The Auction Block
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate