Penelope Soto, Florida Teen, Gives Judge Finger During Drug Charge Hearing At Miami-Dade Circuit Court [VIDEO]
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | February 6, 2013 7:45 AM EST
Penelope Soto, a Florida teen, was caught on tape giving the middle finger to Miami-Dade Circuit Judge Jorge Rodriguez-Chomat.
Soto, 18, was arrested on drug possession charges and showed up at her hearing with an attitude that the judge was not at all pleased with.
According to NBC Miami, Judge Rodriguez-Chomat wanted to know about Soto’s financial assets before doling out a penalty
Soto said that she had a car and “a lot” of jewelry. When the judge tried to get the woman to clarify her statement, Soto responded that it was “like Rick Ross. It’s worth a lot of money.”
“It’s not a joke, you know, we’re not in a club now. We are not in a club, be serious about it,” the judge responded.
While the Miami teen could have walked away from her hearing with her bond set at $5,000, she decided to give a the judge a sarcastic sendoff by saying “adios.”
As she walked away from the window, the judge called Soto back and then raised her bond to $10,000.
"Are you serious?" the teen asked.
"I am serious. Adios," the judge responded.
Soto proceeded to give the judge the finger and told him to “f**k himself,” at which point he quickly upped her punishment to 30 days in prison.
As is procedure with the Miami-Dade Circuit court, all hearings are taped for state records.
Check below for video of Penelope Soto’s entire outburst.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- The Burka Avenger Educates Children While Fighting For Girls' Education Rights In New Pakistan TV Show
- Christopher Walken To Play Mob Boss In Film Adaptation Of Four Seasons Musical 'Jersey Boys'
- William Cantrell Mistakes Human Ashes For Cocaine, May Have Snorted Remains
- Giant Alligator Eats 80-Pound Dog In North Carolina, Gator May Still Be Alive
- Steve McQueen's Last Ride, 1952 Custom Chevy Pickup Truck, Hits The Auction Block
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs iPhone 6: Why Forecasts Favor Mi4 as The Next Best Phone Against iPhone 6
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 LTE Android 4.4.2, Android 4.4.4Guide: Installation and When to Hit Your Region
- Companies Push Back IPO Plans Due to Mega Alibaba Share Launch