Penelope Soto, Florida Teen, Gives Judge Finger During Drug Charge Hearing At Miami-Dade Circuit Court [VIDEO]
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | February 6, 2013 7:45 AM EST
Penelope Soto, a Florida teen, was caught on tape giving the middle finger to Miami-Dade Circuit Judge Jorge Rodriguez-Chomat.
Soto, 18, was arrested on drug possession charges and showed up at her hearing with an attitude that the judge was not at all pleased with.
According to NBC Miami, Judge Rodriguez-Chomat wanted to know about Soto’s financial assets before doling out a penalty
Soto said that she had a car and “a lot” of jewelry. When the judge tried to get the woman to clarify her statement, Soto responded that it was “like Rick Ross. It’s worth a lot of money.”
“It’s not a joke, you know, we’re not in a club now. We are not in a club, be serious about it,” the judge responded.
While the Miami teen could have walked away from her hearing with her bond set at $5,000, she decided to give a the judge a sarcastic sendoff by saying “adios.”
As she walked away from the window, the judge called Soto back and then raised her bond to $10,000.
"Are you serious?" the teen asked.
"I am serious. Adios," the judge responded.
Soto proceeded to give the judge the finger and told him to “f**k himself,” at which point he quickly upped her punishment to 30 days in prison.
As is procedure with the Miami-Dade Circuit court, all hearings are taped for state records.
Check below for video of Penelope Soto’s entire outburst.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- The Burka Avenger Educates Children While Fighting For Girls' Education Rights In New Pakistan TV Show
- Christopher Walken To Play Mob Boss In Film Adaptation Of Four Seasons Musical 'Jersey Boys'
- William Cantrell Mistakes Human Ashes For Cocaine, May Have Snorted Remains
- Giant Alligator Eats 80-Pound Dog In North Carolina, Gator May Still Be Alive
- Steve McQueen's Last Ride, 1952 Custom Chevy Pickup Truck, Hits The Auction Block
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Galaxy Note 4 vs iPhone 6 Plus: Better Performing Display and Best Overall Screen
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Samsung Galaxy S5: Battle of the Samsung Flagship Smartphones
- Apple iPad Air 2, OS X Yosemite Release Date Set For October, While iPad Mini 3 With Retina Headed For 2015 Release
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Purported Xiaomi Redmi Note Successor Powered With Monstrous Processor Under Wraps, Will Take On Meizu MX4