Penelope Soto, Florida Teen, Gives Judge Finger During Drug Charge Hearing At Miami-Dade Circuit Court [VIDEO]
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | February 6, 2013 7:45 AM EST
Penelope Soto, a Florida teen, was caught on tape giving the middle finger to Miami-Dade Circuit Judge Jorge Rodriguez-Chomat.
Soto, 18, was arrested on drug possession charges and showed up at her hearing with an attitude that the judge was not at all pleased with.
According to NBC Miami, Judge Rodriguez-Chomat wanted to know about Soto’s financial assets before doling out a penalty
Soto said that she had a car and “a lot” of jewelry. When the judge tried to get the woman to clarify her statement, Soto responded that it was “like Rick Ross. It’s worth a lot of money.”
“It’s not a joke, you know, we’re not in a club now. We are not in a club, be serious about it,” the judge responded.
While the Miami teen could have walked away from her hearing with her bond set at $5,000, she decided to give a the judge a sarcastic sendoff by saying “adios.”
As she walked away from the window, the judge called Soto back and then raised her bond to $10,000.
"Are you serious?" the teen asked.
"I am serious. Adios," the judge responded.
Soto proceeded to give the judge the finger and told him to “f**k himself,” at which point he quickly upped her punishment to 30 days in prison.
As is procedure with the Miami-Dade Circuit court, all hearings are taped for state records.
Check below for video of Penelope Soto’s entire outburst.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Camilla Parker-Bowles To Become Queen When Prince Charles Accedes To The Throne
Join the Conversation
- The Burka Avenger Educates Children While Fighting For Girls' Education Rights In New Pakistan TV Show
- Christopher Walken To Play Mob Boss In Film Adaptation Of Four Seasons Musical 'Jersey Boys'
- William Cantrell Mistakes Human Ashes For Cocaine, May Have Snorted Remains
- Giant Alligator Eats 80-Pound Dog In North Carolina, Gator May Still Be Alive
- Steve McQueen's Last Ride, 1952 Custom Chevy Pickup Truck, Hits The Auction Block
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage