'Arrested Development' Star Judy Greer Scores Major Book Deal
February 6, 2013 5:45 AM EST
According to the Hollywood Reporter, the actress is set to release a collection of essays titled “I Don't Know What You Know Me From: Confessions of a Co-Star.”
The site reports that Greer may have received an advance of roughly $1 million to pen the book, which will be released in 2014 by the Random House imprint Doubleday.
“I Don't Know …” will feature such intriguingly titled essays as “Celebrities I’ve Peed Next To,” “Bad Oscar!” and “I’m Not America’s Sweetheart, I’m America’s Best Friend.”
"We've known for years what a wonderful actor Judy is, but ... it's rare to find a first book that has this kind of humor, insight and, most of all, a relatable and endearing voice,” said Random House’s Editor-at-Large Christina Malach.
“So this is me, just trying, in book form, to introduce myself,” Greer said in a statement.
In a career spanning 15 years, Greer has appeared in films like “What Women Want,” “13 Going on 30,” and “Adaptation.” Greer has also guest stared on a variety of TV shows including “How I Met Your Mother,” “Californication,” and “Modern Family.”
She often appears as the female lead’s sidekick but her compelling performance as a suffering wife in the 2011 George Clooney film “The Descendants” got viewers and critics buzzing about her potential as a serious leading lady.
But the 2008 series “Miss Guided” marked one of the very few times in which Greer was cast in a lead role. Unfortunately, the comedy was cancelled after just one season. Her 2011 series “Mad Love” suffered the same fate.
Greer made her Broadway debut opposite Katie Holmes last year in the short-lived “Dead Accounts.”
The 37-year-old is set to reprise her “Arrested Development” role as the unstable assistant Kitty when new episodes of the 2003 series premiere on Netflix this spring.
Greer will also star in the upcoming remake of “Carrie,” starring Chloe Grace Moretz and Julianne Moore.
She currently voices the character Cheryl on the adult animated series “Archer” and hosts the web series “Reluctantly Healthy,” in which she shares diet and fitness tips.
Greer is one of several actresses to ink a book deal recently.
It was announced last month that Amy Poehler is set to release an as-yet-untitled book while “Girls” creator Lena Dunham scored a whopping $3.6 million to write the forthcoming “Not That Kind of Girl.”
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Update: Louise And Blake To Make Their First Appearance As A Couple In Australia
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery