'Arrested Development' Star Judy Greer Scores Major Book Deal
February 6, 2013 5:45 AM EST
According to the Hollywood Reporter, the actress is set to release a collection of essays titled “I Don't Know What You Know Me From: Confessions of a Co-Star.”
The site reports that Greer may have received an advance of roughly $1 million to pen the book, which will be released in 2014 by the Random House imprint Doubleday.
“I Don't Know …” will feature such intriguingly titled essays as “Celebrities I’ve Peed Next To,” “Bad Oscar!” and “I’m Not America’s Sweetheart, I’m America’s Best Friend.”
"We've known for years what a wonderful actor Judy is, but ... it's rare to find a first book that has this kind of humor, insight and, most of all, a relatable and endearing voice,” said Random House’s Editor-at-Large Christina Malach.
“So this is me, just trying, in book form, to introduce myself,” Greer said in a statement.
In a career spanning 15 years, Greer has appeared in films like “What Women Want,” “13 Going on 30,” and “Adaptation.” Greer has also guest stared on a variety of TV shows including “How I Met Your Mother,” “Californication,” and “Modern Family.”
She often appears as the female lead’s sidekick but her compelling performance as a suffering wife in the 2011 George Clooney film “The Descendants” got viewers and critics buzzing about her potential as a serious leading lady.
But the 2008 series “Miss Guided” marked one of the very few times in which Greer was cast in a lead role. Unfortunately, the comedy was cancelled after just one season. Her 2011 series “Mad Love” suffered the same fate.
Greer made her Broadway debut opposite Katie Holmes last year in the short-lived “Dead Accounts.”
The 37-year-old is set to reprise her “Arrested Development” role as the unstable assistant Kitty when new episodes of the 2003 series premiere on Netflix this spring.
Greer will also star in the upcoming remake of “Carrie,” starring Chloe Grace Moretz and Julianne Moore.
She currently voices the character Cheryl on the adult animated series “Archer” and hosts the web series “Reluctantly Healthy,” in which she shares diet and fitness tips.
Greer is one of several actresses to ink a book deal recently.
It was announced last month that Amy Poehler is set to release an as-yet-untitled book while “Girls” creator Lena Dunham scored a whopping $3.6 million to write the forthcoming “Not That Kind of Girl.”
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]
- ‘Star Wars 7: The Force Awakens’ Leaked Dialogue Of Han Solo From Upcoming Trailer [Spoilers]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies
- Travel Alert: Frequent Flyer Tie-Up Between Virgin Australia, South African Airways Enhanced
- Product Recall: Graco Recalls Baby Strollers in Canada, U.S. Due To Amputation Risks