'Arrested Development' Star Judy Greer Scores Major Book Deal
February 6, 2013 5:45 AM EST
According to the Hollywood Reporter, the actress is set to release a collection of essays titled “I Don't Know What You Know Me From: Confessions of a Co-Star.”
The site reports that Greer may have received an advance of roughly $1 million to pen the book, which will be released in 2014 by the Random House imprint Doubleday.
“I Don't Know …” will feature such intriguingly titled essays as “Celebrities I’ve Peed Next To,” “Bad Oscar!” and “I’m Not America’s Sweetheart, I’m America’s Best Friend.”
"We've known for years what a wonderful actor Judy is, but ... it's rare to find a first book that has this kind of humor, insight and, most of all, a relatable and endearing voice,” said Random House’s Editor-at-Large Christina Malach.
“So this is me, just trying, in book form, to introduce myself,” Greer said in a statement.
In a career spanning 15 years, Greer has appeared in films like “What Women Want,” “13 Going on 30,” and “Adaptation.” Greer has also guest stared on a variety of TV shows including “How I Met Your Mother,” “Californication,” and “Modern Family.”
She often appears as the female lead’s sidekick but her compelling performance as a suffering wife in the 2011 George Clooney film “The Descendants” got viewers and critics buzzing about her potential as a serious leading lady.
But the 2008 series “Miss Guided” marked one of the very few times in which Greer was cast in a lead role. Unfortunately, the comedy was cancelled after just one season. Her 2011 series “Mad Love” suffered the same fate.
Greer made her Broadway debut opposite Katie Holmes last year in the short-lived “Dead Accounts.”
The 37-year-old is set to reprise her “Arrested Development” role as the unstable assistant Kitty when new episodes of the 2003 series premiere on Netflix this spring.
Greer will also star in the upcoming remake of “Carrie,” starring Chloe Grace Moretz and Julianne Moore.
She currently voices the character Cheryl on the adult animated series “Archer” and hosts the web series “Reluctantly Healthy,” in which she shares diet and fitness tips.
Greer is one of several actresses to ink a book deal recently.
It was announced last month that Amy Poehler is set to release an as-yet-untitled book while “Girls” creator Lena Dunham scored a whopping $3.6 million to write the forthcoming “Not That Kind of Girl.”
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ed Sheeran Disappoints Taylor Swift and Other A-List Celebrities, Scolded for Spilling Secrets - Reports
- Beyonce and Jay Z: HOV May Have a Sextape with Carmen Bryan, Report Suggests; Queen Bey ‘Beyond Furious’
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Reports: The Truth Behind the Duchess Miscarriage
- Young and the Restless July 28- August 1 Spoilers, Cast News: Updates on Devon, Hilary, Chelsea, Billy, Jack, Phyllis Plus Criminal Minds Actor Returns
- Game of Thrones Season 5 Spoilers: Daenerys Targaryen vs Yezzan, Nymeria Sand Actress Announced at Comic Con 2014
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- Shocking Video of Pedigree Dog Culling in Bali Emerges [Video]
- Sony Xperia Z3 Specs Leaked with More Killer Features Ahead of Samsung Galaxy Note 4, iPhone 6