'Arrested Development' Star Judy Greer Scores Major Book Deal
February 6, 2013 5:45 AM EST
According to the Hollywood Reporter, the actress is set to release a collection of essays titled “I Don't Know What You Know Me From: Confessions of a Co-Star.”
The site reports that Greer may have received an advance of roughly $1 million to pen the book, which will be released in 2014 by the Random House imprint Doubleday.
“I Don't Know …” will feature such intriguingly titled essays as “Celebrities I’ve Peed Next To,” “Bad Oscar!” and “I’m Not America’s Sweetheart, I’m America’s Best Friend.”
"We've known for years what a wonderful actor Judy is, but ... it's rare to find a first book that has this kind of humor, insight and, most of all, a relatable and endearing voice,” said Random House’s Editor-at-Large Christina Malach.
“So this is me, just trying, in book form, to introduce myself,” Greer said in a statement.
In a career spanning 15 years, Greer has appeared in films like “What Women Want,” “13 Going on 30,” and “Adaptation.” Greer has also guest stared on a variety of TV shows including “How I Met Your Mother,” “Californication,” and “Modern Family.”
She often appears as the female lead’s sidekick but her compelling performance as a suffering wife in the 2011 George Clooney film “The Descendants” got viewers and critics buzzing about her potential as a serious leading lady.
But the 2008 series “Miss Guided” marked one of the very few times in which Greer was cast in a lead role. Unfortunately, the comedy was cancelled after just one season. Her 2011 series “Mad Love” suffered the same fate.
Greer made her Broadway debut opposite Katie Holmes last year in the short-lived “Dead Accounts.”
The 37-year-old is set to reprise her “Arrested Development” role as the unstable assistant Kitty when new episodes of the 2003 series premiere on Netflix this spring.
Greer will also star in the upcoming remake of “Carrie,” starring Chloe Grace Moretz and Julianne Moore.
She currently voices the character Cheryl on the adult animated series “Archer” and hosts the web series “Reluctantly Healthy,” in which she shares diet and fitness tips.
Greer is one of several actresses to ink a book deal recently.
It was announced last month that Amy Poehler is set to release an as-yet-untitled book while “Girls” creator Lena Dunham scored a whopping $3.6 million to write the forthcoming “Not That Kind of Girl.”
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'NCIS' Season 12 Spoilers: Ziva David Out, Tony's New Love Could be Stephanie Jacobsen's Leia; Troian Bellisario Teases 'Reunion' Photo
- ‘Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice’ Comic-Con Teaser Trailer In Animation [Watch Video]
- ‘The Bold And The Beautiful’ Spoilers For Aug. 21, 2014: A Party For Hope And Wyatt Affects Liam’s Pride In ‘B&B’ [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 1 Teaser Video: ‘What’s Coming Next’
- 'Suits' Season 4 Spoilers: 'Litt Up' Consequences in Summer Finale; Cliffhanger Awaits, Says Series Creator [Watch Suits 4x10 Promo Video]
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs iPhone 6: Why Forecasts Favor Mi4 as The Next Best Phone Against iPhone 6
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 LTE Android 4.4.2, Android 4.4.4Guide: Installation and When to Hit Your Region
- Companies Push Back IPO Plans Due to Mega Alibaba Share Launch