'Arrested Development' Star Judy Greer Scores Major Book Deal
February 6, 2013 5:45 AM EST
According to the Hollywood Reporter, the actress is set to release a collection of essays titled “I Don't Know What You Know Me From: Confessions of a Co-Star.”
The site reports that Greer may have received an advance of roughly $1 million to pen the book, which will be released in 2014 by the Random House imprint Doubleday.
“I Don't Know …” will feature such intriguingly titled essays as “Celebrities I’ve Peed Next To,” “Bad Oscar!” and “I’m Not America’s Sweetheart, I’m America’s Best Friend.”
"We've known for years what a wonderful actor Judy is, but ... it's rare to find a first book that has this kind of humor, insight and, most of all, a relatable and endearing voice,” said Random House’s Editor-at-Large Christina Malach.
“So this is me, just trying, in book form, to introduce myself,” Greer said in a statement.
In a career spanning 15 years, Greer has appeared in films like “What Women Want,” “13 Going on 30,” and “Adaptation.” Greer has also guest stared on a variety of TV shows including “How I Met Your Mother,” “Californication,” and “Modern Family.”
She often appears as the female lead’s sidekick but her compelling performance as a suffering wife in the 2011 George Clooney film “The Descendants” got viewers and critics buzzing about her potential as a serious leading lady.
But the 2008 series “Miss Guided” marked one of the very few times in which Greer was cast in a lead role. Unfortunately, the comedy was cancelled after just one season. Her 2011 series “Mad Love” suffered the same fate.
Greer made her Broadway debut opposite Katie Holmes last year in the short-lived “Dead Accounts.”
The 37-year-old is set to reprise her “Arrested Development” role as the unstable assistant Kitty when new episodes of the 2003 series premiere on Netflix this spring.
Greer will also star in the upcoming remake of “Carrie,” starring Chloe Grace Moretz and Julianne Moore.
She currently voices the character Cheryl on the adult animated series “Archer” and hosts the web series “Reluctantly Healthy,” in which she shares diet and fitness tips.
Greer is one of several actresses to ink a book deal recently.
It was announced last month that Amy Poehler is set to release an as-yet-untitled book while “Girls” creator Lena Dunham scored a whopping $3.6 million to write the forthcoming “Not That Kind of Girl.”
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy 2’ Nebula Is Alive And James Gunn Wants Fans To See More Of Her
- Selena Gomez And Justin Bieber: Songstress Fears Pregnancy After Experiencing Pregnancy Symptoms—Report
- 'American Horror Story' Season 4 Episode 8 Spoilers: Big Twist Features Dandy In Blood Bath
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoilers: Episode 11 On Hold, Return Date, Title And Synopsis Of New Episode
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Katey Sagal On Gemma Teller’s Fate in ‘Red Rose’ [VIDEO]
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Australian and Other Select Earth Locations Hold Proofs Life Once Existed On Mars – Report