Lindsey Vonn Crash Video: Super-G Skier Airlifted To Hospital After Crashing In Austria [PHOTO]
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | February 6, 2013 3:07 AM EST
Lindsey Vonn took suffered a horrific crash during the super-G Tuesday and was airlifted to a hospital by helicopter after apparently hurting her right knee at the world championships.
Vonn, a four-time overall World Cup champion, apparently lost balance on her right leg while landing after a jump. As seen in the crash video, her ski came off immediately forcing her to slide off the course and hit a gate before coming to a halt. Vonn trailed race winner Tina Maze of Slovenia by 0.12 seconds shortly before the crash.
The 28-year-old skier received treatment on the slope for 12 minutes before going to the hospital. Her U.S. team had no immediate information on her condition, ESPN reports.
Vonn made a comeback to the super-G circuit just last month after being sidelined due to an intestinal illness that put her in a hospital for two days in November.
The race, which was postponed for 3½ hours because of fog, resumed after another 15-minute delay. Several racers struggled with the conditions.
"It's not a very difficult course, but in some parts you couldn't see anything," Fabienne Suter of Switzerland told ESPN.
In related news, a report has surfaced recently that romantically to golfer Tiger woods.
The Hollywood Life report claims that Woods and Vonn have been dating since November, complete with romantic getaways and even time with his kids.
"They met through the ski community, because Tiger is an active skier,” a source close to Vonn told Hollywood Life. “Lindsey has been teaching Tiger’s kids Sam and Charlie how to ski.”
Vonn dismissed the Woods rumors last month, telling the Denver Post, “We are just friends. My brother was the ski instructor for his kids this November in Vail. Guessing that’s where it came from.”
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Roger Federer Tops Forbes’ List of Most Financially Valuable Athlete; Maria Sharapova and Li Na Also Make the Cut
- Eugenie Bouchard Fires Warning To Serena Williams; She Wants No.1 Ranking
- Transfer News: Real Madrid Unveil Galactico James Rodriguez [PHOTOS]
- Roger Federer Regains Deadly Service Game - Andy Roddick
- Arsenal FC Transfer News: Lionel Messi's Gunners Link a Ploy to Receive Improved Deal
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon