Lindsey Vonn Crash Video: Super-G Skier Airlifted To Hospital After Crashing In Austria [PHOTO]
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | February 6, 2013 3:07 AM EST
Lindsey Vonn took suffered a horrific crash during the super-G Tuesday and was airlifted to a hospital by helicopter after apparently hurting her right knee at the world championships.
Vonn, a four-time overall World Cup champion, apparently lost balance on her right leg while landing after a jump. As seen in the crash video, her ski came off immediately forcing her to slide off the course and hit a gate before coming to a halt. Vonn trailed race winner Tina Maze of Slovenia by 0.12 seconds shortly before the crash.
The 28-year-old skier received treatment on the slope for 12 minutes before going to the hospital. Her U.S. team had no immediate information on her condition, ESPN reports.
Vonn made a comeback to the super-G circuit just last month after being sidelined due to an intestinal illness that put her in a hospital for two days in November.
The race, which was postponed for 3½ hours because of fog, resumed after another 15-minute delay. Several racers struggled with the conditions.
"It's not a very difficult course, but in some parts you couldn't see anything," Fabienne Suter of Switzerland told ESPN.
In related news, a report has surfaced recently that romantically to golfer Tiger woods.
The Hollywood Life report claims that Woods and Vonn have been dating since November, complete with romantic getaways and even time with his kids.
"They met through the ski community, because Tiger is an active skier,” a source close to Vonn told Hollywood Life. “Lindsey has been teaching Tiger’s kids Sam and Charlie how to ski.”
Vonn dismissed the Woods rumors last month, telling the Denver Post, “We are just friends. My brother was the ski instructor for his kids this November in Vail. Guessing that’s where it came from.”
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Roger Federer Tasks Engineers to Create the Perfect Tennis Racquet [VIDEO]
- Manchester United Transfer News: Arturo Vidal Leaving Juventus for the Red Devils Gaining Momentum
- Roger Federer Forced to Take Down Children's Play Area on his Property in Valbella
- LeBron James and Cleveland Cavaliers the Team to Beat in the East – Paul George
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Striker Disappointed with Cesc Fabregas Sale to Chelsea
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 6 Most Wanted Feature Upgrades for Next iPhone
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- HTC One M8 Windows Phone to Launch for Verizon; Release Date, Price, Five Fresh Features to Anticipate for New Smartphone
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff