USD/JPY – Rising Trendline Holds up Bullish Price Action
By Fan Yang | February 6, 2013 2:30 AM EST
Forex Technical Update
USD/JPY 4H chart 2/5/2013 9:15AM EST
Trendline: The 4H USD/JPY chart shows a market that has remained bullish throughout the year. Since the later part of January, the bullish trend seemed to have picked up steam as price pushed above 93 to start this week. After a quick correction during the 2/4 session, USD/JPY respected a rising trendline, and pushed to new highs, not seen in 2.5 years.
Don't call a top: Momentum in the 4H chart remains very bullish and the moving averages in this time-frame are also in bullish alignment. Seems like there is still some ways to go. As always with strong trends, don't try to call the top. You will know the market has topped when it shows you, but we are not even seeing a lower high, or lower low these days in this 4H chart.
The 2010 high is around 94.85. Maybe then we will see some reaction from supply-resistance.
Fan Yang CMT is a forex trader, analyst, educator and Chief Technical Strategist for FXTimes - provider of Forex News, Analysis, Education, Videos, Charts, and other trading resources.
Information and opinions contained in this report are for educational purposes only and do not constitute an investment advice. While the information contained herein was obtained from sources believed to be reliable, author does not guarantee its accuracy or completeness. FXTimes will not accept liability for any loss of profit or damage which may arise directly, indirectly or consequently from use of or reliance on the trading set-ups or any accompanying chart analysis.
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Camilla Parker-Bowles To Become Queen When Prince Charles Accedes To The Throne
Join the Conversation
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage