USD/JPY – Rising Trendline Holds up Bullish Price Action
By Fan Yang | February 6, 2013 2:30 AM EST
Forex Technical Update
USD/JPY 4H chart 2/5/2013 9:15AM EST
Trendline: The 4H USD/JPY chart shows a market that has remained bullish throughout the year. Since the later part of January, the bullish trend seemed to have picked up steam as price pushed above 93 to start this week. After a quick correction during the 2/4 session, USD/JPY respected a rising trendline, and pushed to new highs, not seen in 2.5 years.
Don't call a top: Momentum in the 4H chart remains very bullish and the moving averages in this time-frame are also in bullish alignment. Seems like there is still some ways to go. As always with strong trends, don't try to call the top. You will know the market has topped when it shows you, but we are not even seeing a lower high, or lower low these days in this 4H chart.
The 2010 high is around 94.85. Maybe then we will see some reaction from supply-resistance.
Fan Yang CMT is a forex trader, analyst, educator and Chief Technical Strategist for FXTimes - provider of Forex News, Analysis, Education, Videos, Charts, and other trading resources.
Information and opinions contained in this report are for educational purposes only and do not constitute an investment advice. While the information contained herein was obtained from sources believed to be reliable, author does not guarantee its accuracy or completeness. FXTimes will not accept liability for any loss of profit or damage which may arise directly, indirectly or consequently from use of or reliance on the trading set-ups or any accompanying chart analysis.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kristen Stewart Moving On With Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence Dating Chris Martin – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members
- Nexus 6 Release Date Dilemma with Motorola Shamu Details Pointing to Better Smartphone and Killer Features
- iPhone 6 Release Date Remains On Course for Sept-Oct 2014 as Apple Delays iWatch Debut to 2015