The Energy Report - Backing Up Again!
By Phil Flynn | February 6, 2013 1:36 AM EST
The Brent versus West Texas Intermewadiate Spread favored Brent by the biggest margin since December as the saga of reduced pipeline runs through the Seaway will back up oil in Cushing Oklahoma once again. West Texas Intermediate pulled back and helped anchor products that have gone on an incredible s week run. Oil that has been supported by a weak dollar, economic optimism, better data out of China and the promise that we will get more stimuli has driven oil to incredible heights. But the party may be ending as worries about Europe and talks with Iran are taking away acme immediate disruption threats.
Gas prices of course have been all the rage as the Energy Information Agency Reported that gas prices rose by 18.1 cents last week putting them 56 cents higher than a year ago. This has been the largest run-up in gasoline prices in 3 1/2 years. This has been caused d by a multitude of factors from refinery shutdowns and soaring crude costs. We saw a squeeze play as supply in New York Harbor fell 10% below normal as a cold winter in Europe slowed gasoline cargoes. In the Midwest a refinery fire at PBF Energy Inc.'s Toledo refinery in Ohio shut the fluid catalytic cracker, cut rates at some process units and placed others on "standby" after a fire. This comes as China oil demand surged to the highest level in almost 2 years risng 10% from a year earlier.
The EIA also reported that US gasoline expenditures in 2012 for the average U.S. household reached $2,912, just fewer than 4% of income before taxes. This was the highest percentage of household income spent on gasoline in the last decade, with the exception of 2008. These expenditures as a percentage of household income are still low when compared to the early 1980s, when the estimated portion of household income spent on gasoline surpassed 5%.
Source: U.S. Energy Information Administration estimates
Natural Gas is putting in a long term bottom but look out into the future. Look to put of bullish strategies as far out as you can go in the options as natural gas demand is soaring. Record high demand inspired by low prices and while we have an oversupply in the short term the long term looks like there is a lot more upside than downside. If natural gas prices have steadied because demand growth seems to be catching up with production growth even the increasing cost of production should give us a target of at least $700 in a couple of years.
Make sure you sign up for The Trade! As well as my Daily Trade levels! Just call me at 888-264-8844 Click Here for the NEW Trade Levels How-To Guide. Remember!! Day Trade First! Swing Trade! Position Trade!
Call for INFO today! (888-264-5665) or Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
141 W. Jackson Blvd. Suite 1340A, Chicago, IL 60604 | (800) 769-7021 | (888) 264-5665 (Direct) | www.pricegroup.com
A Subsidiary of Price Holdings, Inc. - an Employee Owned Diversified Financial Services Firm. Orders must be entered via direct verbal communication with a representative of our firm. We cannot be held responsible for orders left in any other manner. PAST RESULTS ARE NOT NECESSARILY INDICATIVE OF FUTURE RESULTS. Investing in futures can involve substantial risk & is not for everyone. Trading foreign exchange also involves a high degree of risk. The leverage created by trading on margin can work against you as well as for you, and losses can exceed your entire investment. Before opening an account and trading, you should seek advice from your advisors as appropriate to ensure that you understand the risks and can withstand the losses. Member NIBA, NFA.
The information and data in this report were obtained from sources considered reliable. Their accuracy or completeness is not guaranteed and the giving of the same is not to be deemed as an offer or solicitation on our part with respect to the sale or purchase of any securities or futures. The PRICE Futures Group, its officers, directors, employees, and brokers may in the normal course of business have positions, which may or may not agree with the opinions expressed in this report. Any decision to purchase or sell as a result of the opinions expressed in this report will be the full responsibility of the person authorizing such transaction. Reproduction and/or distribution of any portion of this report are strictly prohibited without the written permission of the author.
Join the Conversation
- Australian Stock Market Report – Midday November 26, 2014
- Experts Say Rio Tinto-Glencore Merger Is Inevitable; Iron Ore Price Drops Below $70
- Australian Stock Market Report – Morning November 26, 2014
- Global Markets Overview – November 26, 2014
- Australian Stock Market Report – Midday November 25, 2014
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- ISIS War: US Airstrikes Lead to Growing ISIS Support In Syria; Russia Questions Coalition's Policies
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]