The Energy Report - Backing Up Again!
By Phil Flynn | February 6, 2013 1:36 AM EST
The Brent versus West Texas Intermewadiate Spread favored Brent by the biggest margin since December as the saga of reduced pipeline runs through the Seaway will back up oil in Cushing Oklahoma once again. West Texas Intermediate pulled back and helped anchor products that have gone on an incredible s week run. Oil that has been supported by a weak dollar, economic optimism, better data out of China and the promise that we will get more stimuli has driven oil to incredible heights. But the party may be ending as worries about Europe and talks with Iran are taking away acme immediate disruption threats.
Gas prices of course have been all the rage as the Energy Information Agency Reported that gas prices rose by 18.1 cents last week putting them 56 cents higher than a year ago. This has been the largest run-up in gasoline prices in 3 1/2 years. This has been caused d by a multitude of factors from refinery shutdowns and soaring crude costs. We saw a squeeze play as supply in New York Harbor fell 10% below normal as a cold winter in Europe slowed gasoline cargoes. In the Midwest a refinery fire at PBF Energy Inc.'s Toledo refinery in Ohio shut the fluid catalytic cracker, cut rates at some process units and placed others on "standby" after a fire. This comes as China oil demand surged to the highest level in almost 2 years risng 10% from a year earlier.
The EIA also reported that US gasoline expenditures in 2012 for the average U.S. household reached $2,912, just fewer than 4% of income before taxes. This was the highest percentage of household income spent on gasoline in the last decade, with the exception of 2008. These expenditures as a percentage of household income are still low when compared to the early 1980s, when the estimated portion of household income spent on gasoline surpassed 5%.
Source: U.S. Energy Information Administration estimates
Natural Gas is putting in a long term bottom but look out into the future. Look to put of bullish strategies as far out as you can go in the options as natural gas demand is soaring. Record high demand inspired by low prices and while we have an oversupply in the short term the long term looks like there is a lot more upside than downside. If natural gas prices have steadied because demand growth seems to be catching up with production growth even the increasing cost of production should give us a target of at least $700 in a couple of years.
Make sure you sign up for The Trade! As well as my Daily Trade levels! Just call me at 888-264-8844 Click Here for the NEW Trade Levels How-To Guide. Remember!! Day Trade First! Swing Trade! Position Trade!
Call for INFO today! (888-264-5665) or Email email@example.com.
141 W. Jackson Blvd. Suite 1340A, Chicago, IL 60604 | (800) 769-7021 | (888) 264-5665 (Direct) | www.pricegroup.com
A Subsidiary of Price Holdings, Inc. - an Employee Owned Diversified Financial Services Firm. Orders must be entered via direct verbal communication with a representative of our firm. We cannot be held responsible for orders left in any other manner. PAST RESULTS ARE NOT NECESSARILY INDICATIVE OF FUTURE RESULTS. Investing in futures can involve substantial risk & is not for everyone. Trading foreign exchange also involves a high degree of risk. The leverage created by trading on margin can work against you as well as for you, and losses can exceed your entire investment. Before opening an account and trading, you should seek advice from your advisors as appropriate to ensure that you understand the risks and can withstand the losses. Member NIBA, NFA.
The information and data in this report were obtained from sources considered reliable. Their accuracy or completeness is not guaranteed and the giving of the same is not to be deemed as an offer or solicitation on our part with respect to the sale or purchase of any securities or futures. The PRICE Futures Group, its officers, directors, employees, and brokers may in the normal course of business have positions, which may or may not agree with the opinions expressed in this report. Any decision to purchase or sell as a result of the opinions expressed in this report will be the full responsibility of the person authorizing such transaction. Reproduction and/or distribution of any portion of this report are strictly prohibited without the written permission of the author.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Australian Stock Market Report –Afternoon July 24, 2014
- Australian Stock Market Report – Midday July 24, 2014
- Alibaba Okays Yahoo Request to Sell 140 Million Shares Via IPO, 68 Million to Be Sold to Shareholders
- Global Markets Overview – July 24, 2014
- Australian Stock Market Report – Morning July 24, 2014
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales