Sasha Marsden's Body Drained of Blood After Murderer Stabbed Her 100 Times
By Hannah Osborne | February 6, 2013 1:08 AM EST
The 16-year-old girl who was murdered in Blackpool at the weekend had been stabbed so many times that there was no blood left in her body.
Sasha Marsden was stabbed 100 times before her body was wrapped up and set on fire in an alley in the South Shore area of Blackpool.
Her burning remains were found after they triggered a smoke alarm at the back of a hotel.
Carl Evans, 35, who owns the nearby Kimber House Hotel, said: "I heard the fire alarm go off next door but I didn't think anything of it at first.
"Then a dog walker called out for help. Three of us ran out and we were trying to extinguish the flames. I didn't realise it was a body at first.
"The girl was curled up in the foetal position. She was very small and it looked like she had no legs. It has been a massive shock."
Local bed and breakfast manager David Minto, 22, was charged with Sasha's murder and appeared at Blackpool magistrates' court yesterday.
He spoke only to confirm his name, address and date of birth.
Minto appeared at Preston Crown Court today, and will return on 24 April to enter his plea. His trial is scheduled to take place on 15 July.
He is alleged to have lured Sasha to his hotel with the promise of weekend work before he attacked her.
Sasha's parents, Jayne, 45, and Gary, 40, paid tribute to their daughter in a statement.
"No words can express how we feel. Our beautiful daughter has been taken from us. She was a loving daughter, sister, granddaughter, great granddaughter, auntie, niece, cousin and girlfriend," they said.
"She was very much loved and her loss has left a huge gap in all our lives, a gap that can never be filled."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Image Of An Alien Revealed By US Intelligence Agent Suggests Existence Of Extraterrestrial Life -- Report
- US Police Officers Shoot 12-Year-Old Child ‘By Mistake’
- Woman Charged For Leaving Her Baby in Drain in Australia Needs 'Compassion' Says Social Worker
- [In Pictures] Police Fire As Protest Turns Into ‘Riot’ After Grand Jury Decision on Ferguson Shooting
- New Zealanders in Australia Consider Moving Back to Home Country For Better Life
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- 16GB iPhone 6 for $99 at Sam’s Club is the Best 2014 Black Friday Deal Around
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510