Sasha Marsden's Body Drained of Blood After Murderer Stabbed Her 100 Times
By Hannah Osborne | February 6, 2013 1:08 AM EST
The 16-year-old girl who was murdered in Blackpool at the weekend had been stabbed so many times that there was no blood left in her body.
Sasha Marsden was stabbed 100 times before her body was wrapped up and set on fire in an alley in the South Shore area of Blackpool.
Her burning remains were found after they triggered a smoke alarm at the back of a hotel.
Carl Evans, 35, who owns the nearby Kimber House Hotel, said: "I heard the fire alarm go off next door but I didn't think anything of it at first.
"Then a dog walker called out for help. Three of us ran out and we were trying to extinguish the flames. I didn't realise it was a body at first.
"The girl was curled up in the foetal position. She was very small and it looked like she had no legs. It has been a massive shock."
Local bed and breakfast manager David Minto, 22, was charged with Sasha's murder and appeared at Blackpool magistrates' court yesterday.
He spoke only to confirm his name, address and date of birth.
Minto appeared at Preston Crown Court today, and will return on 24 April to enter his plea. His trial is scheduled to take place on 15 July.
He is alleged to have lured Sasha to his hotel with the promise of weekend work before he attacked her.
Sasha's parents, Jayne, 45, and Gary, 40, paid tribute to their daughter in a statement.
"No words can express how we feel. Our beautiful daughter has been taken from us. She was a loving daughter, sister, granddaughter, great granddaughter, auntie, niece, cousin and girlfriend," they said.
"She was very much loved and her loss has left a huge gap in all our lives, a gap that can never be filled."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Japanese Whalers End Pacific Hunt with 115 Whales Dead and No Disruption from Sea Shepherd
- UFO Sightings: Mysterious Bright Lights Spotted Flashing over Toronto, Witnesses Share UFO Sighting Experience on Social Media [VIDEO]
- 'Watch the MH17 Plane Missile Hit Video Tape in Mobile' Goes Viral on Facebook
- Australia Ranks High in Human Development Index But Scores Low in Climate Change
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- 5 Food Scandals That Shocked The World
- Iran Leader Asks Muslims to Supply Arms to Palestine, Calls Israel ‘Rapacious Wolf’
- Nexus 6 Likely Confirmed as Motorola 5.9-Inch Phablet on Release Date – Report
- MH17: Shrapnel Hits Plane, Russia Calls for UN-led Investigation