Kellogg posts narrower loss, stands by '13 outlook
February 6, 2013 12:42 AM EST
The world's largest cereal company posted a net loss of $32 million, or 9 cents per share, compared with a loss of $195 million, or 54 cents per share, a year earlier.
Excluding a mark-to-market accounting change, earnings were 65 cents per share, down from 71 cents per share a year earlier.
The company, whose brands include Corn Flakes, Eggo waffles and Keebler cookies, stood by its 2013 outlook, which calls for earnings-per-share growth of 5 percent to 7 percent and sales growth of about 7 percent.
Net sales rose to $3.56 billion from $3.02 billion a year earlier.
Shares were up 0.7 percent at $58.50 in premarket trading.
(Reporting by Martinne Geller in New York; Editing by Jeffrey Benkoe)
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- NVIDIA Shield Gaming Tablet with Tegra K1 SoC Reported to be Released on July 29
- BlackBerry Passport Video Leak, Release Date, Five Fresh Features to Anticipate [Watch YouTube Clip] --Reports
- Iphone 6 Release Date Fast -Approaching, Reuse and Recycle Program Now in Australia