Kellogg posts narrower loss, stands by '13 outlook
February 6, 2013 12:42 AM EST
The world's largest cereal company posted a net loss of $32 million, or 9 cents per share, compared with a loss of $195 million, or 54 cents per share, a year earlier.
Excluding a mark-to-market accounting change, earnings were 65 cents per share, down from 71 cents per share a year earlier.
The company, whose brands include Corn Flakes, Eggo waffles and Keebler cookies, stood by its 2013 outlook, which calls for earnings-per-share growth of 5 percent to 7 percent and sales growth of about 7 percent.
Net sales rose to $3.56 billion from $3.02 billion a year earlier.
Shares were up 0.7 percent at $58.50 in premarket trading.
(Reporting by Martinne Geller in New York; Editing by Jeffrey Benkoe)
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet
- Spice Dream Uno vs Xiaomi Redmi 1S: Android One Smartphone to Challenge The Existing Budget Friendly Smartphone