Designer Sruli Recht's Human Flesh 'Forget-Me-Knot' Ring Priced at $500,000
By Toyin Owoseje | February 6, 2013 12:34 AM EST
A fashion designer has added a piece of his own flesh to his latest jewellery design.
Sruli Recht's Forget Me Knot ring is made of 24-carat gold and also features a piece of his skin, removed from his stomach during recent surgery.
Even with its stomach-churning addition, the ring, which is part of Recht's autumn/winter 2013 menswear collection, has gone on sale for is $500,000 (£317,600).
Recht videotaped the medical procedure, which he was awake throughout, to showcase how the ring was designed.
The five-minute clip shows the 4.3 inch flap of skin being cut from his abdomen, salted and tanned so it could be mounted on the ring.
Potential buyers will be provided with a unique DNA certificate to prove its authenticity.
Recht's site describes his design company as: "Based in Reykjavík, the studio produces one 'non-product' every month from umbrellas to bulletproof scarves, tables, to belts and boots, and incorporating such materials as concrete, diamonds, skin and wool."
The Australian designer made headlines in 2011 when he used the skin of 27 stillborn lambs to make clothes for his first collection.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Male Tennis Players To Watch [PHOTOS]
- What Happens When You Give Up Sex For 12 Months? – Dialogue With Peter Lynagh – Exclusive
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Female Tennis Athletes [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rihanna Twerks, Smokes And Shows Off Her Exotic Dance In Skin-Coloured Bikini On A Recent Holiday In Italy
- Beyonce Knowles Goes Topless For New Pictures, Shows Major Cleavage And Legs
- Miley Cyrus Poses Completely Naked In New Shocking Pictures Said That Social Media Is Harmful For Brain
- Adidas has Covered its New Trainers in Mud as Part of Distressed Fashion
- Arthur George By Rob Kardashian Now Available In Colette Paris
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- HTC One M8 for Windows Vs. Nokia Lumia Icon, The Battle Of Windows Phones
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display