Designer Sruli Recht's Human Flesh 'Forget-Me-Knot' Ring Priced at $500,000
By Toyin Owoseje | February 6, 2013 12:34 AM EST
A fashion designer has added a piece of his own flesh to his latest jewellery design.
Sruli Recht's Forget Me Knot ring is made of 24-carat gold and also features a piece of his skin, removed from his stomach during recent surgery.
Even with its stomach-churning addition, the ring, which is part of Recht's autumn/winter 2013 menswear collection, has gone on sale for is $500,000 (£317,600).
Recht videotaped the medical procedure, which he was awake throughout, to showcase how the ring was designed.
The five-minute clip shows the 4.3 inch flap of skin being cut from his abdomen, salted and tanned so it could be mounted on the ring.
Potential buyers will be provided with a unique DNA certificate to prove its authenticity.
Recht's site describes his design company as: "Based in Reykjavík, the studio produces one 'non-product' every month from umbrellas to bulletproof scarves, tables, to belts and boots, and incorporating such materials as concrete, diamonds, skin and wool."
The Australian designer made headlines in 2011 when he used the skin of 27 stillborn lambs to make clothes for his first collection.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Kendall Jenner Joins Cara Delevingne At Fendi Runway For Milan Fashion Week
- Lindsay Lohan Poses In Silk Underwear For Wonderland Magazine, Talks About Her Favourite Fashion Brands, Shares Beauty Tips [SEE VIDEO]
- Kim Kardashian Exposes Butt As She Becomes Victim To Another Wardrobe Malfunction
- Jessica Alba Talks About Her Entrepreneurial Side, Says She Considers Jennifer Lopez As Her Idol
- Post Nude Photo Scandal, Jennifer Lawrence Is 'Powerful' Woman For Dior Campaign, Wears Inspirational Message T-Shirt [SEE VIDEO]
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best