Designer Sruli Recht's Human Flesh 'Forget-Me-Knot' Ring Priced at $500,000
By Toyin Owoseje | February 6, 2013 12:34 AM EST
A fashion designer has added a piece of his own flesh to his latest jewellery design.
Sruli Recht's Forget Me Knot ring is made of 24-carat gold and also features a piece of his skin, removed from his stomach during recent surgery.
Even with its stomach-churning addition, the ring, which is part of Recht's autumn/winter 2013 menswear collection, has gone on sale for is $500,000 (£317,600).
Recht videotaped the medical procedure, which he was awake throughout, to showcase how the ring was designed.
The five-minute clip shows the 4.3 inch flap of skin being cut from his abdomen, salted and tanned so it could be mounted on the ring.
Potential buyers will be provided with a unique DNA certificate to prove its authenticity.
Recht's site describes his design company as: "Based in Reykjavík, the studio produces one 'non-product' every month from umbrellas to bulletproof scarves, tables, to belts and boots, and incorporating such materials as concrete, diamonds, skin and wool."
The Australian designer made headlines in 2011 when he used the skin of 27 stillborn lambs to make clothes for his first collection.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Trendy Halloween Costumes Of 2014
- Sibling Rivalry: Kim Kardashian Promotes Extension-Free Hair As Kylie Jenner Launches Hair Extension Line
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy: Duchess Suffers Wardrobe Malfunction During Her First Public Appearance With The Baby Bump--Report
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Bare Back In Daring Top For Day Out With Kanye West
- US Fashion Designer Oscar de la Renta Dies at 82
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’