Designer Sruli Recht's Human Flesh 'Forget-Me-Knot' Ring Priced at $500,000
By Toyin Owoseje | February 6, 2013 12:34 AM EST
A fashion designer has added a piece of his own flesh to his latest jewellery design.
Sruli Recht's Forget Me Knot ring is made of 24-carat gold and also features a piece of his skin, removed from his stomach during recent surgery.
Even with its stomach-churning addition, the ring, which is part of Recht's autumn/winter 2013 menswear collection, has gone on sale for is $500,000 (£317,600).
Recht videotaped the medical procedure, which he was awake throughout, to showcase how the ring was designed.
The five-minute clip shows the 4.3 inch flap of skin being cut from his abdomen, salted and tanned so it could be mounted on the ring.
Potential buyers will be provided with a unique DNA certificate to prove its authenticity.
Recht's site describes his design company as: "Based in Reykjavík, the studio produces one 'non-product' every month from umbrellas to bulletproof scarves, tables, to belts and boots, and incorporating such materials as concrete, diamonds, skin and wool."
The Australian designer made headlines in 2011 when he used the skin of 27 stillborn lambs to make clothes for his first collection.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton First Official Solo Trip: Details For Malta Tour Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- Real Madrid Unveils Yohji Yamamoto Champions League Kit With Intertwined Dragons
- Kylie Jenner Graces The Cover Of V Magazine's September Issue
- Miranda Kerr Goes Double Denim: New Pictures Released For Her '7 For All Mankind' Campaign [SEE VIDEO]
- Kylie Jenner Says She Never Remembers A Day In Her Life Without Cameras, Lands On 'Girlfriend' Magazine Cover
- Lindsay Lohan Lands On 'Wonderland' Cover To Celebrate A Decade Of 'Mean Girls'; Is Set To Make Her Theatre Debut
- Apple on iPhone 6 Release Date One Week After September 9 Despite Display Shortage Starting $800
- James Foley Video Had A Change Of Actor – Expert Points Out
- Canada Concerned About Russia’s Military Expansion in Arctic
- Nokia X2 vs. Nokia Lumia 530 - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini vs. LG G3 S (aka LG G3 Beat, LG G3 Mini) – Specs, Features And Price Showdown