Mass Effect Character with Unreal Engine Hints at Next-Gen Console Potential [VIDEO]
By Chandrashekar Srinivasan | February 5, 2013 10:49 PM EST
That work on the fourth episode in BioWare’s hugely popular inter-galactic video game franchise, Mass Effect, has already begun is known. Reports in December that suggested BioWare would release Mass Effect 4 in 2014 but those have since proven to be false.
It was confirmed, though, that Mass Effect 4 will use the Frostbite game engine. A blog post in November, by Yanick Roy, the Studio Director for the Montreal office, read:
“The next 'Mass Effect' game is already in development, driven by the team here in Montreal. There is really not much I can tell you about the game right now, except that It will be built with the amazing technology of Frostbite as its foundation, enhanced by many of the systems [the] Dragon Age III team has already spent a lot of time building.”
That statement apart, information from both BioWare Montreal and BioWare Edmonton (the two studies involved in the development) has been sketchy. In the meantime, DSOGaming has released a fan-made video that explores the potential of Mass Effect 4 on next-gen gaming consoles, specifically the PlayStation 4 and the Microsoft Xbox 720.
The character is drawn using the Unreal Engine 3 (and as the Examiner notes that suggests no CG editing was done) but features Mass Effect armour on the generic character. The video covers multiple angles and also includes a diverse range of maps, locations and worlds.
We need hardly add all of it is hugely impressive. And if BioWare manages to create similarly superior graphics from the Frostbite engine and ally that with the epic story that is the Mass Effect series, the new game is likely to be one of the best of… whichever year it is released in.
[Video Courtesy: Baolong Zhang]
Meanwhile, an earlier IBTimes UK report suggested new details on the release date – available to buy in Japan and the US by the end of 2013, and in the UK by "early" 2014 – of the next-generation PlayStation (PS4) console. Sources from Edge magazine, who claim working knowledge of both the PlayStation and the Microsoft Xbox 720, say the former will be more powerful.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton First Official Solo Trip: Details For Malta Tour Revealed [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- 'Sylvester Stallone Dies In Horrible Car Accident’ Death Hoax Goes Viral
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoiler: Revelation Of Reason Why Penny, Leonard ‘Not’ Getting Married Soon
- 'The Bachelorette' Update: Andi Dorfman And Josh Murray To Setup Career In Hollywood- Reports
- 'Castle' Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic's Kate Beckett to Rediscover Nathan Fillion's Rick Castle; 'Derrick Storm' Coming to ABC [VIDEO]
- ‘The Bold And The Beautiful’ Spoilers For Aug. 26, 2014: Past Mistakes, Betrayals And Confrontations In ‘B&B’ [WATCH VIDEO]
- Apple on iPhone 6 Release Date One Week After September 9 Despite Display Shortage Starting $800
- James Foley Video Had A Change Of Actor – Expert Points Out
- Canada Concerned About Russia’s Military Expansion in Arctic
- Nokia X2 vs. Nokia Lumia 530 - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Trending: Ice Bucket Challenge Replaced By Rubble Bucket Challenge By People Of Gaza