European Market Briefing: Stocks Rebound as Economic Data Points to Improvement [VIDEO]
By Martin Baccardax | February 5, 2013 10:22 PM EST
European shares recovered some of Monday's steep losses after two private surveys of economic activity around the region and in the United Kingdom suggest a modest recovery for the first quarter of this year.
Britain's FTSE 100 was also supported by stronger-than-expected earnings from BP, Europe's second biggest oil company, which helped the index retrace some of its triple-digit losses from Monday.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Australian and Other Select Earth Locations Hold Proofs Life Once Existed On Mars – Report