Kate Middleton Pregnancy Update: Duchess' Parents Plans to Build Granny Flat For Royal Baby
By Simi John | February 5, 2013 10:18 PM EST
Kate Middleton's parents, Michael and Carole Middleton are reportedly building an accessory apartment for the royal couple when they bring the new born to visit them.
According to a report in Entertainmentwise, planning permission was granted to add a 'granny flat' to Middleton's £4.7 million home in Bucklebury, Berkshire - where the Duchess grew up.
"It will be in a corner of the seven-bedroom manor's 18 acres at Bucklebury, Berks, and have four garages and a room for the Royal couple's nanny," a source told the Sunday People.
Prince William and Kate are much close with the Middleton family and had also celebrated Christmas with her family, rather than with the Queen at Sandringham, breaking the royal traditional.
It was previously revealed by Kate's friend Jessica Hay, that the 31-year-old royal wanted to bring her 57-year-old mother to the palace when the baby arrives, instead of a professional childminder, who is usually brought in by the monarchy.
"Kate and William are both pretty terrified about the rest of the pregnancy after the hyperemesis [severe morning sickness]," Hay said, "Carole may even move in with them when the baby's born so they don't have to rely on a nanny."
Hay also disclosed that, Kate, who still in the early stages of pregnancy, is undergoing hypnotherapy to help her overcome problems related to morning sickness. She was diagnosed with Hyperemesis Gravidarum (acute morning sickness), which is a "potentially serious" ailment causing vomiting and a bodily reaction against intake of food and liquids. The ailment is commonly found in pregnant women carrying twins but an earlier release from St James' Palace has confirmed the Duchess is not expecting twins.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 7 Spoilers: Gemma’s World Starts To Crumble in ‘Greensleeves’ [VIDEO]
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 5 Spoilers: Gibbs' Gut OKs FBI Agent Leia Pendergast; A Favorite Guest Star Returns [Watch NCIS 12x5 Promo Video]
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report