Kate Middleton Pregnancy Update: Duchess' Parents Plans to Build Granny Flat For Royal Baby
By Simi John | February 5, 2013 10:18 PM EST
Kate Middleton's parents, Michael and Carole Middleton are reportedly building an accessory apartment for the royal couple when they bring the new born to visit them.
According to a report in Entertainmentwise, planning permission was granted to add a 'granny flat' to Middleton's £4.7 million home in Bucklebury, Berkshire - where the Duchess grew up.
"It will be in a corner of the seven-bedroom manor's 18 acres at Bucklebury, Berks, and have four garages and a room for the Royal couple's nanny," a source told the Sunday People.
Prince William and Kate are much close with the Middleton family and had also celebrated Christmas with her family, rather than with the Queen at Sandringham, breaking the royal traditional.
It was previously revealed by Kate's friend Jessica Hay, that the 31-year-old royal wanted to bring her 57-year-old mother to the palace when the baby arrives, instead of a professional childminder, who is usually brought in by the monarchy.
"Kate and William are both pretty terrified about the rest of the pregnancy after the hyperemesis [severe morning sickness]," Hay said, "Carole may even move in with them when the baby's born so they don't have to rely on a nanny."
Hay also disclosed that, Kate, who still in the early stages of pregnancy, is undergoing hypnotherapy to help her overcome problems related to morning sickness. She was diagnosed with Hyperemesis Gravidarum (acute morning sickness), which is a "potentially serious" ailment causing vomiting and a bodily reaction against intake of food and liquids. The ailment is commonly found in pregnant women carrying twins but an earlier release from St James' Palace has confirmed the Duchess is not expecting twins.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- "Game of Thrones" Season 5 Spoilers -- Arya Stark’s New Costume, Mace Tyrell And Tycho Spotted On The Sets
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 19, 2014: Hope Needs To Decide If She Will Stay With Wyatt Or Go With Liam [WATCH VIDEO]
- The Pirate Bay Founder Peter Sunde’s Freedom: Hollywood People Oppose TPB Founder’s Imprisonment
- 'Dancing With The Stars' (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Week 2 Spoilers: Things To Expect; Find Out Which Choreographer Is Quitting
- 'Downton Abbey' Spoilers: 'Surprising New Stories' In Season 5, George Clooney's Cameo Appearance
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Unofficial ‘Samsung Galaxy Alpha’ Can Now Be Purchased For $700 In The US
- Google Now v. Siri v. Cortana – Comparison Of The Three Leading Virtual Assistants
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1
- Sony Xperia E3 vs. Moto G (2014) – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown