Kate Middleton Pregnancy Update: Duchess' Parents Plans to Build Granny Flat For Royal Baby
By Simi John | February 5, 2013 10:18 PM EST
Kate Middleton's parents, Michael and Carole Middleton are reportedly building an accessory apartment for the royal couple when they bring the new born to visit them.
According to a report in Entertainmentwise, planning permission was granted to add a 'granny flat' to Middleton's £4.7 million home in Bucklebury, Berkshire - where the Duchess grew up.
"It will be in a corner of the seven-bedroom manor's 18 acres at Bucklebury, Berks, and have four garages and a room for the Royal couple's nanny," a source told the Sunday People.
Prince William and Kate are much close with the Middleton family and had also celebrated Christmas with her family, rather than with the Queen at Sandringham, breaking the royal traditional.
It was previously revealed by Kate's friend Jessica Hay, that the 31-year-old royal wanted to bring her 57-year-old mother to the palace when the baby arrives, instead of a professional childminder, who is usually brought in by the monarchy.
"Kate and William are both pretty terrified about the rest of the pregnancy after the hyperemesis [severe morning sickness]," Hay said, "Carole may even move in with them when the baby's born so they don't have to rely on a nanny."
Hay also disclosed that, Kate, who still in the early stages of pregnancy, is undergoing hypnotherapy to help her overcome problems related to morning sickness. She was diagnosed with Hyperemesis Gravidarum (acute morning sickness), which is a "potentially serious" ailment causing vomiting and a bodily reaction against intake of food and liquids. The ailment is commonly found in pregnant women carrying twins but an earlier release from St James' Palace has confirmed the Duchess is not expecting twins.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Will Name Second Child Diana, Camilla Parker-Bowles Not Invited to Prince George’s Birthday - Reports
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Ian Somerhalder and Nina Dobrev Drama: Heartbroken The Vampire Diaries Actress Reacts to Nikki Reed Dating News—Report
- Selena Gomez's Mystery Man Identified as Businessman Tommy Chiabra, Singer Flirts and Shares Same Towel with Him -- Reports
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales