Kate Middleton Pregnancy Update: Duchess' Parents Plans to Build Granny Flat For Royal Baby
By Simi John | February 5, 2013 10:18 PM EST
Kate Middleton's parents, Michael and Carole Middleton are reportedly building an accessory apartment for the royal couple when they bring the new born to visit them.
According to a report in Entertainmentwise, planning permission was granted to add a 'granny flat' to Middleton's £4.7 million home in Bucklebury, Berkshire - where the Duchess grew up.
"It will be in a corner of the seven-bedroom manor's 18 acres at Bucklebury, Berks, and have four garages and a room for the Royal couple's nanny," a source told the Sunday People.
Prince William and Kate are much close with the Middleton family and had also celebrated Christmas with her family, rather than with the Queen at Sandringham, breaking the royal traditional.
It was previously revealed by Kate's friend Jessica Hay, that the 31-year-old royal wanted to bring her 57-year-old mother to the palace when the baby arrives, instead of a professional childminder, who is usually brought in by the monarchy.
"Kate and William are both pretty terrified about the rest of the pregnancy after the hyperemesis [severe morning sickness]," Hay said, "Carole may even move in with them when the baby's born so they don't have to rely on a nanny."
Hay also disclosed that, Kate, who still in the early stages of pregnancy, is undergoing hypnotherapy to help her overcome problems related to morning sickness. She was diagnosed with Hyperemesis Gravidarum (acute morning sickness), which is a "potentially serious" ailment causing vomiting and a bodily reaction against intake of food and liquids. The ailment is commonly found in pregnant women carrying twins but an earlier release from St James' Palace has confirmed the Duchess is not expecting twins.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Celebrities Suffering From Lupus: Facts About the Disease
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy: Alleged Miscarriage Makes Prince William and Prince Harry Somber - Reports
- Beyonce &Jay Z Marriage Story: Bey Not Attracted to Jay, Married Him for Professional Growth - Reports
- Kendra Wilkinson's Divorce Troubles: Hank Baskett Cheated Before Allegedly Caught with Transexual Model - Reports
- Castle Season 7 Spoilers, Speculations: Stana Katic in More ‘Beast’ Action, Nathan Fillion Mulls Caskett Wedding Schedule
- Khloe Kardashian Feels her Failed Marriage with Lamar Odom Helped Cause Rob Kardashian's Depression
- These 2 Questions Reveal if You Unwittingly Abuse Alcohol
- Jennifer Lopez and Her Wild 45th Birthday Party: How JLo’s Life-Size Birthday Cake from SamiCakes Boutique Was Made
- Blake Griffin’s Back Injury Is the Reason for His Withdrawal from Team U.S.A.
- Supernatural Season 10 Spoilers: Metatron Capable of Saving Castiel's Fading Grace
- Anderson Silva To Test the Octagon Anew After Freak Leg Injury, To Fight Nick Diaz in 2015