Allardyce Unsure about England International's Future
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | February 5, 2013 9:57 PM EST
West Ham United manager Sam Allardyce remains uncertain over Andy Carroll's future at Upton Park. The 24-year-old is on a season-long loan from Liverpool and the ex-Bolton Wanderers manager believes the England international could regain his form once his future is secure. The London-based club are believed to be set to open negotiations with the Reds and the striker this summer, with regard to the player's future.
"You always want a top class centre forward. I know he's been short on goals and he's had a disrupted season, but he'll only get better if he's got a settled future, whether that's with us or not [I don't know]. It would be a long process though. We will have a conversation at the end of the season with Andy and Liverpool," Allardyce explained to talkSPORT and the Alan Brazil Breakfast Show.
The England international joined the Merseyside club from Newcastle United for £35m in 2011 but has failed to live up to the expectations of his price tag. Brendan Rodgers sent the striker on loan to West Ham at the start of the season, as he did not fit into the Northern Irishman's plans for Anfield. Carroll's time with the Hammers has been hit by injuries and his poor form has continued there as well; the 24-year-old has scored only twice in 14 Premier League appearances this season.
Earlier, West Ham's co-owner, David Sullivan, revealed the Hammers had already agreed terms with Liverpool over a summer move for the forward. However, Allardyce has now stressed things could change between now and the end of the season, depending on the player's performances.
"It all depends on how he feels and what he does between now and the end of the season. It's also about where Andy thinks his future lies. He hasn't thought about that yet, he just wants to play as much as he can," the ex-Bolton manager said.
Carroll was also a subject of interest for former club Newcastle in the summer, with more than one failed approach. However, the Chronicle believes Alan Pardew remains interested in bringing the pony-tailed forward back to St James' Park.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Purse Split: $100M For American, $60M For Filipino— Report
- Amir Khan Addresses Roach’s Comments That Pacquiao Used To Knock Out The Bolton-Born Boxer During Sparring Sessions
- Boxing Analyst John Scully Says Floyd Mayweather Is Slipping But Manny Pacquiao Won’t Win In Super Fight In 2015
- Meet Paige VanZant, The Next UFC Sensation In The Women's Division
- Michael Schumacher Condition: Manager Sabine Kehm Says The 7-Time World Champion Is Making ‘Progress Appropriate To The Severity Of His Situation’
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- 16GB iPhone 6 for $99 at Sam’s Club is the Best 2014 Black Friday Deal Around
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510