'Vishwaroopam’ Release Date: Kamal Haasan’s Film to Hit Theatres Thursday in Tamil Nadu
By IB Times Staff Reporter | February 5, 2013 7:44 PM EST
Kamal Haasan's mega-budget spy thriller film "Vishwaroopam" will finally release on Thursday, Feb 7, in his home state Tamil Nadu.
Kamal, who is the director and co-producer of the film, announced the release date on his official Facebook page on Monday night. He also thanked all his fans, fellow actors, government and media for their support during the crisis.
The film was originally scheduled to release last month, but due to its content the film was banned in Tamil Nadu and other states. Following a meeting with the Muslim leaders who protested against the movie, Kamal decided to edit seven scenes from it.
On Monday, Kamal's senior counsel P S Raman and advocate general A Navaneethakrishnan informed Justice S Rajeswaran that the issue between the producers and Muslim organisations has been solved amicably. Kamal also withdrew a petition that he filed in the Madras High Court challenging the ban.
Here is Kamal's statement that he issued on Monday:
"Surmounting many barricades and bans, Vishwaroopam is now ready to be released on the 7th February 2013, finally in Tamil Nadu.
"I profusely thank the Honorable Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu, for her justice was speedier. Above all, I am ever grateful to the Tamil Nadu and Indian people at large. Many peers in the trade in Tamil Nadu also reached out personally to enquire. Unbeknownst to me, the rest of my fraternity throughout the country raised their voices in my defense. I am touched and grateful to them.
"The Media fought for my freedoms as it were theirs at stake- probably it is so. Nevertheless, the time they spent on my small cause and the warmth they imparted strengthened me. I was angered and hurt by this injustice. I stood stoic through all the troubles but what broke me to an emotional pulp was the sight of many money orders, currency notes and bank checks sent to me in envelops by admirers to help me tide over my crisis.
"I will be returning all of these to the respective senders. Please do not take offense; I have safeguarded your addresses, in case politics and religion hound me again to take refuge. I know I have safe homes to feed and keep me throughout Tamil Nadu. Wherever I go or live, my permanent abode and address would always be your kind minds."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Update: Louise And Blake To Make Their First Appearance As A Couple In Australia
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2